Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Shit ton of mounts, pets, weapons, armors, toys, special cloaks are poor replacement for just weapons. Oh sorry - very, very poor. Got ya.
    Sadly you don't have cosmetics without power at all, as you have to chose between power and cosmetics undless you are lucky and it happens to be on the same covenant, which is a 1 in 4 chance. The progression might be seperated but you are still locked into it because of an asinine "choice".
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Sadly you don't have cosmetics without power at all, as you have to chose between power and cosmetics undless you are lucky and it happens to be on the same covenant, which is a 1 in 4 chance. The progression might be seperated but you are still locked into it because of an asinine "choice".
    Yeah, that's separate issue. Although in long run power aspect will be gone. Also in Legion 'order hall' pie was even more divided, without much hope it will change in the future.

Yeah, that's separate issue. Although in long run power aspect will be gone. Also in Legion 'order hall' pie was even more divided, without much hope it will change in the future.
    I mean there was a clear advantage in orderhalls being made to fit your class and not just a whim of the tail end of current balancing favoring your cosmetic choice.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Shit ton of mounts, pets, weapons, armors, toys, special cloaks are poor replacement for just weapons. Oh sorry - very, very poor. Got ya.

Not "I guess". Covenants in general (cosmetics rewards for anima/renown + activities, like hunting mirrors for one Venthyr armor or doing abomination weeklies for Necro) are literally it. We have less weapon skins, but whole system is expanded.

One thing (almost everyone) miss are challenge skins, right now only Kyrians have something similar.
    Covenant system as a whole has power attached
    Thus it’s not keeping the skin system and losing the power system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    give me the skin system without the power system
    This isn’t the covenant system

The Elune cinematic is up for this week and honestly its a bigger disappointment than I had even expected.

Kind of impressed, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It wouldn't be horizontal progression either. Horizontal usually means unlocking more options without increasing the individual pieces. The runes for skills/spells in diablo are horizontal, just tacking another system atop another or expanding one system further would still be vertical progression.
    Horizontal would be giving us more artifacts with different trees, but about the same power gain.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Horizontal would be giving us more artifacts with different trees, but about the same power gain.
    That's one option, another would be another mutually exclusive tree within the weapon or alternative choices as we see in soulbind trees (if they were added now as an unlock).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The Elune cinematic is up for this week and honestly its a bigger disappointment than I had even expected.

Kind of impressed, honestly.
    I haven't seen it but I understand the general jist is Elune wanted the Night Elves to die?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I haven't seen it but I understand the general jist is Elune wanted the Night Elves to die?
    She didn't kill them, but did not intervene during BfA so the souls could fix Ardenweald draught. But ofc she didn't know they will be sent to the Maw. Either way it paints Elune as a cold bitch. Not really shitting on that story part like many others. This could be easily described as a tough choice, if she deemed that Aerdenweald well-being is more important.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-27 at 06:27 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wait does that mean she bypassed Kyrians and their duties? Weren't they supposed to get the souls in to Shadowlands from our reality? Or do Night Elf souls have a special ''ARDENWEALD ONLY'' stamp?

I'm so confused.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Wait does that mean she bypassed Kyrians and their duties? Weren't they supposed to get the souls in to Shadowlands from our reality? Or do Night Elf souls have a special ''ARDENWEALD ONLY'' stamp?

I'm so confused.
    What? No. Plenty of Azerothians who didn't end up in Bastion (Morgraine, Kael). It's Wild Gods and elementals (and maybe Nelves) that get defaulted to Aerdenweald.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much do you hate the night elves of world of warcraft?
    Blizzard writing team: yes
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw a great tweet from Perculia that summarizes the fuckup that was Teldrassil great.

The entire thing was just a Shock Marketing Ploy, there was no point to it outside of shocking players and making them want to play to figure out what happened.

And to make it worse, after the fact they've jumped through hoops to try and handwave consequence and even justify the Genocide.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Having watched the latest cinematic, I think the best start to patch 10.0 would be for Sargeras to return with Illidan in tow, riding a pitlord. We get to join the Light's Crusade, the Titan's Ordering, the Demonic Felfire or the Void's Infinity and set out to conquer the cosmos in the name of one of these powers.

Sargeras arrives, pulls his sword out of Azeroth and Azeroth is born out of the world as if someone performed a C-section, with the world shattering like a Kinder egg. You hear the faint shouting of Magni as he is becoming more and more distant, floating away on a piece of Azeroth's husk into the dark beyond. The titans come to the rescue of Azeroth, seeing as they've been freed and they have a Power Ranger fistfight with Sargeras in space around the husk of Azeroth.

The Naaru beam in and Y'rel reads some knock-off Bible in the next cutscene, with the forces of the void's tentacle lords rising from Azeroth's floating crust as their remnants still remained there. We then pick our side, participate in the battle and are sent to our new homeworld by our new overlord(s) of choice.

They then create a RTS game out of it that is more like Starcraft than Warcraft that has 4 playable factions, with a mobile Warcraft gacha game in tow.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-27 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    On the one hand, it seems to be Elune being all "make lemons into lemonade" but on the other it really just seems so boneheaded.

Sister is in trouble, so she'll just send a lot of Night Elf juice her way without any other word or trying to find out what was going on. Or even realizing that she was really dooming the souls to the Maw in the first place.

Edit: And also just needlessly cruel. "My sister needs help so I'm gonna intervene and send you to the afterlife instead of letting you become wisps or something because she needs help, sorrys".

Edit: And also just needlessly cruel. "My sister needs help so I'm gonna intervene and send you to the afterlife instead of letting you become wisps or something because she needs help, sorrys".
    I mean... most Night Elfs would be probably ok with helping Elunes Sister and safe nature...

7+ Year Old Account
    No one said it was an easy decision, but if Aerdenweal safety was more important, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No one said it was an easy decision, but if Aerdenweal safety was more important, then...
    Then she could have made sure it didn’t go sideways lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Then she could have made sure it didn’t go sideways lol
    Sure. But still, some people started saying it was all her.

It seems 9.1 is the great BfA face turn. First Sylvanas and now Elune herself seems to heavily imply that the choices in BfA were really just for shock value and to hamfistedly place Sylvanas in a position where she joins the Jailer.

I am not that mad at Elune intending to send the Nelf souls to the Maw to stave off the drought. It does kinda make sense in a mysterious ways kind of way, and the souls would likely be content knowing they are sent on a mission by their goddess to save nature, and furthermore being able to spend eternity with their loved ones tending to nature.

I just really question how Elune is aware of the drought being a thing and possibly about to destroy Ardwnweald, but not how the drought came to be.
    With no more dialogue I guess we are left to assume Elune simply assumed there were not any nature aligned souls that had died, which seems questionable at best.

The writing really is a vacous black hole at this point. BfA was pretty damn terrible, and while I can kinda respect the idea of retconning the worst decisions I really don't think the correct choice was then to turn around and make the entire thing entirely pointless.
    The world revamp dream will never die!