Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    top comment

Great video and lore is getting even more complexed.

And people should stop bitch**g already... lore is just fine. A bit to complex, to much stuff for couple of cinematics to present properly. I don't know what they expect from wow... Go read a proper book if you want something better.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-07-27 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    People trying to turn "personal vengeance isn't justice" into some meta narrative about Blizzard now? When it's the same principle as the justice system for most of the world operates on? It's not "the victims shouldn't seek justice" as much as "the victims shouldn't hunt down and kill the person responsible and call it justice". But cool cool.
    Its much easier for those with low cognitive ability to latch onto something and use it to further their own agenda.

People trying to turn "personal vengeance isn't justice" into some meta narrative about Blizzard now? When it's the same principle as the justice system for most of the world operates on? It's not "the victims shouldn't seek justice" as much as "the victims shouldn't hunt down and kill the person responsible and call it justice". But cool cool.
    Cope.

We're talking about genocide and condemnation to WoW Hell for all eternity in a universe with warring factions and no fully developed justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by snebb View Post
    - Elune couldn't stop the fire or save the Night Elves from dying.
    So you want me to believe a mortal human mage named Jaina is able to make a huge ship fly and shoot frozen orbs from it to cover a whole castle city, but a goddess wasn't able to send whatever the hell gods command to protect a tree from burning?

Man. Is Jaina THAT powerful? Is Elune THAT weak? Or is the writing THAT bad (<- this one)?

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Its much easier for those with low cognitive ability to latch onto something and use it to further their own agenda.
    Ah, I see.

"Actually you have to have a very high IQ to understand and appreciate WoW story writing."

Quote Originally Posted by peepeepoopants View Post
    So elune let night elves get genocided to send some more anima to the tree huggers, except shadowlands border control sent their souls to the gulag upon arrival instead of to their tree hugging destination.

Do I have this about right?
    no you dont, she couldnt save them (as she couldnt save them when they were massacred by legion in war of the ancients), but she could "claim" their souls afterwards, which she didnt but let them pass into shadowlands

you got what happened in shadowlands right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Q. How can we make Sylvanas look less culpable?
    A. Let's blame Elune. Everyone hates the Night Elves, even their patron deity.
    I like them...

How people don't get that if you get to Ardenweald you are reborn is baffling me... This is why she sacrified their living form so they will be reborn in the future. How is this so hard to understand? Man, 6y old gets this...

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Man. Is Jaina THAT powerful? Is Elune THAT weak? Or is the writing THAT bad (<- this one)?
    hmm Elune become so "low power" compared to war of the ancients where she saved soooo many night elfs, like tyrande and... well thats about it, fuck those thousands who were massacred by legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    This is why she sacrified their living form so they will be reborn in the future.
    Cool, depriving your followers whom you ostensibly care about of their agency is justifiable if you can spin it into some long term benefit. :thumbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

How people don't get that if you get to Ardenweald you are reborn is baffling me... This is why she sacrified their living form so they will be reborn in the future. How is this so hard to understand? Man, 6y old gets this...
    To be fair, modern WoW writing does seem to cater to people with the intelligence and moral values of 6 year olds, so you're not wrong.

she didnt even sacrifice them, she send them bcs she couldnt save them, and this would help not only nefls but ardenweald too..

Oh so Tyrande lost her power up. that makes the genocide of the elfs okay....

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ah, I see.

"Actually you have to have a very high IQ to understand and appreciate WoW story writing."
    Now you're just making up quotes, that not what the poster said. They suggested that some people try to distort situations in order to promote their own agenda or preconceived notions. Like "Blizzard is bad, therefore they wrote a story in WoW justifying themselves being evil". Some people find that sort of reasoning to be quite absurd. And for your other point about "There not being a justice system in WoW" it's a little awkward that there's an entire book dedicated to the trial of Garrosh for his warcrimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    But you know, just to go with your stupid af analogy:

Imagine the fed-ex driver leaving the box of souls at your doorstep, ringing the bell and then walking away not knowing that the bell doesn't work and then someone snatches your PS5.

Before you start lecturing me about fed-ex, I'm not american,
    I could tell because of your equally stupid af xenophobia.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit it just dawned on me they unironically just made Sylvanas through extension by Nathanos' actions at her orders more morally good in comparison to Elune with this cinematic. At least Sylvanas stopped Elune from just throwing all the Night Elves into the anima grind and unsuspectingly instead the Maw when she tried to raise the Night Elves she killed into undeath by having Nathanos use the Valkyr under her command to bring some of them back. This writing is atrocious but how do you mess up that bad?

That's not how Ardenweald works at all. Loa and Wild Gods get reborn, all other mortal souls either get turned into pure anima through the Heart of the Forest or if lucky get turned into a random celestial animal/person who remains trapped in Ardenweald for the rest of your existence.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2021-07-27 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    hmm Elune become so "low power" compared to war of the ancients where she saved soooo many night elfs, like tyrande and... well thats about it, fuck those thousands who were massacred by legion
    You missed the point. I know Elune is not weak, therefore an argument "Elune couldn't save them" seems silly. She could. She just didn't want to. Same like all the other times. Why would she anyway? Who in their right mind would refuse a huge, free anima delivery?

The point is that Elune didn't see the elves as her worshippers worth saving. She saw them as another anima delivery and treated them as such.

Now you're just making up quotes, that not what the poster said. They suggested that some people try to distort situations in order to promote their own agenda or preconceived notions. Like "Blizzard is bad, therefore they wrote a story in WoW justifying themselves being evil". Some people find that sort of reasoning to be quite absurd. And for your other point about "There not being a justice system in WoW" it's a little awkward that there's an entire book dedicated to the trial of Garrosh for his warcrimes...
    Nobody said that. The argument was that considering Blizzard's office culture, it's not shocking that we get narratives where the victim(s) of a genocide are told to choose between retribution and renewal. You're inverting the train of thought.

And great that there's a justice system in WoW. Maybe Sylvanas should've consulted that instead of wanting to kill Arthas. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Thought this one was even better and more on point.
    I hope these cinematics will make it into the movie that will inevitably be made about this.