Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Blizzard seem to be trying to tell victims of tragedy to "just move on lol" and not pursue justice
    Makes sense now when everyone knows death is not the end and there is a revolving door between shadowlands and real world

I genuinly feel bad for night elf fans with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The majority of them didn't feel that, as the novel describes it as elune sending them sleep letting them pass in peace, you know intead of actually intervening.
    Then what the fuck was that rescue quest on the Alliance side all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Moreover, one of the few canonical instances where we actually get something resembling a non-vengeance based alternative:

#celestialapproved
    What is this referencing?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wangming View Post
    rapist a: Oh damn, we have a problem
    rapist b: What's wrong?
    Rapist a: We want to write a redemption arc for sylvanas, but there is that whole teldrassil thing.
    Rabist b: Hold by butt plug!

Yep, just another day at blizzard.
    savage lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Then what the fuck was that rescue quest on the Alliance side all about?
    Connecting you to the story by letting you go through the mostly futile effort to save more people than you can reasonably do. I mean it was practically the only time in the last 2 expansions that Blizzard managed to engage the player in the story. Obviously they didn't do shit with it, but the hook was there.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i just want to point out that the eons old goddess with so far untold amounts of power heard the cries for help from the shadowlands. so instead of going to see why there was a drought going on, she decided to let her "favorite children" be burned alive.

so common sense and good writing is dead for blizzard. got it. no hope with the current team left.
    yeah, i think it's been dead since at least Legion; and it's only gotten worse. Thing is, people are watching that cutscene in game and LOVING it. I'm just shaking my head. I really would like to believe that they got SOME big reveal; but as time goes on it just seems more and more stupid writing. So yeah, not holding out for much these days.

The writing is trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment you worship someone that uses you as fuel in a best case scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    As there it is. On their way to ruining Elune as well. It is Elune's first scene, and they write her to be constipated with stilted dialogue. Please make it stop.
    Agreed. Dogshit writing; Elune is on her way to being a shit character. Shame, she had so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    What is this referencing?
    In the warcrimes book she was the prosecutor of the kangaroo court of the celestials, this referneces here actually trying to make a case. But it's pointless, since they celestials admitted they were never going to render a verdict anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

All this time I would have preferred that Elune was not an actual being but more of an ideology. Considering how far we got into the cosmic forces I shouldn't be surprised that we would end up facing her one way or another. We did fight alongside the Pantheon in Legion after all.

Either way this lore is very uninteresting to me. The new Hearthstone expansion is heavily set around Stormwind and feels so much closer to the franchise than Shadowlands ever could, it actually makes me feel at home. The Barrens expansion had the same effect.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Thought this one was even better and more on point.
    Now it all makes sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i just want to point out that the eons old goddess with so far untold amounts of power heard the cries for help from the shadowlands. so instead of going to see why there was a drought going on, she decided to let her "favorite children" be burned alive.

so common sense and good writing is dead for blizzard. got it. no hope with the current team left.
    Not to burst your bubble or anything but Blizzard hasn't written a good story since StarCraft 1. Decent? Rarely. Good? Nah. And WoW? WoW has been destroying the established lore since the first time that it interacted with it. This is honestly nothing new. If you want a satisfying conclusion to a Blizzard story, write it yourself, and then refuse to read anything canon. :P
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Rapist A: Oh damn, we have a problem
    Rapist B: What's wrong?
    Rapist A: We want to write a redemption arc for Sylvanas, but there is that whole Teldrassil thing.
    Rabist B: Hold by butt plug!

Yep, just another day at Blizzard.
    I'm trying really hard not go there, but the thought had certainly crossed my mind that the alleged rape jokes might have involved nelfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    Can't wait for people to still have the courage to defend this writing.
    It speaks volumes to their bad taste to defend this trash. It's not even highschool quality writing. It's embarrassing.

It's kinda fucked up folks are conflating Blizzard's abuse with dumping on WoW's writers.

I get y'all don't like it but really to pretend as if everyone that did the writing is a rapist is just real convenient way to excuse hating, and really making light of a serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Thought this one was even better and more on point.
    To be fair, in this case Tyrande would want to seek justice on Sylvaanas AND Elune.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Things aren't playing out. As far as the Sylvanas story is concerned, the can just keeps being kicked down the road without resolution.
    Agreed. I'm all for people in general to just chill out; but kicking it over and over again for how many years? And to be given this cutscene which i think is pretty much just trash writing and on it's way to ruining one of the most interesting characters in the entire lore is a bit annoying. People have a lot years invested in the story. Sure chill, but also fine to call out garbage writing.

I always wondered what might be the thing to get me to unsub; I think i've come to realize it's their writing. It's so bad I'm starting to not care about any of the characters. My fav characters are either dead and absent, or alive and horribly written lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    I always wondered what might be the thing to get me to unsub; I think i've come to realize it's their writing. It's so bad I'm starting to not care about any of the characters. My fav characters are either dead and absent, or alive and horribly written lately.
    Is it though? WoW Classic didn't have any remarkable protagonists. It had a ton of interesting minor characters that all had to convey their story through limited quest logs and sumire scripted events. But beyond that, WoW didn't need these big larger than life superheroes making the plot move.

I posit it's not the lack of good characters but rather the excess of weak characters dominating the game. Dialing the Marvel back in WoW would be healthy, it would give the story room to breathe, give new obscure NPC's the chance to shine and become player favourites again.

5+ Year Old Account
    1) Elune was evidently aware of the drought, given how she was able to hear her sister's pleas, and how she deemed them serious enough to pay attention.

2) Hence, Elune was aware that the Maw was sucking every single soul that arrived to the SL (in no small part thanks to the inestimable collaboration of the Kyrians ). It's literally one of the first things the PC learns in SL.

3) Elune: OMG muh favouritest bestest peeps :'( /sob
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.