Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe put more effort and create good content for WoW instead of these statements and get to work alrdy to save this game.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it's been said by a dev on twitter that work on games is basically halted for now. they weren't working on wow anyways.
    A dev said worked had ceased "for the moment", not officially put on hold, and that was last week. That tweet has been blown outrageously and hilariously out of proportion.

TL;DR they are going to remove the Great Fras Siabi quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Afrasabi's NPCs supposedly no longer spawn.
    I just checked in Classic. He's still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    A dev said worked had ceased "for the moment", not officially put on hold, and that was last week. That tweet has been blown outrageously and hilariously out of proportion.
    In other news, the sky is falling, but that's okay because I don't pay a subscription to the sky.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    TL;DR they are going to remove the Great Fras Siabi quest.
    "People hate our game what do we do?"

"QUICK, GROPE THAT WOMEN AND START REMOVING CONTENT"

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle View Post
    You don't earn respect taking old references out of old video games, you earn it by treating everyone fairly and not taking advantage of others.
    Meanwhile, Bobby Kotick and his C-suite warriors are vowing to fight the lawsuit, and standing by the allegations being old, wrong, or misunderstood. So which is it, guys? Did Morhaime, Metzen and the others apologize for no reason, or are the allegations real and credible?

ATVI's usual hilariously inept PR and messaging. They've blown off one foot, and are squinting and taking aim at the other. And now Team 2 is steadying their elbow.

I guess this means they will remove the /flirt emotes as well since some could see them as inappropriate or offensive.

We are litterly getting the game bubblewrapped.

Guys, this is from the WoW team, not from the management. This is basically what the team can do now, besides organizing walkouts.

Now, Im still waiting for JAB and such to step down from their positions.

Felt pretty weak. They don't address the issues at all, and wasn't that line about rebuilding trust the same one they used after Blitzchung?

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    I just checked in Classic. He's still there.
    Because they are working on it? It didn't say they were already done.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

a fourth conflicting message. Each one increasing the perception of performative nonesense.

The mask already slipped. If the allegations are fake let it have its day in court.

How many more scandals and apology's do we need before everyone calls them for crying wolf.

The sentiment is in the right place, people complaining about the removal of offensive individuals are just looking to bitch about something while ignoring the rest. But the sentiment itself will ring hollow until action is truly shown and put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Guys, this is from the WoW team, not from the management. This is basically what the team can do now, besides organizing walkouts.

Now, Im still waiting for JAB and such to step down from their positions.
    This was NOT written by the WoW team. This was written by PR, went through HR, Marketing, Legal and the higher ups, signed off on and then released.

The WoW team probably got a copy of it 15 minutes before it went out.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    "People hate our game what do we do?"

"QUICK, GROPE THAT WOMEN AND START REMOVING CONTENT"
    With respect, what do you exactly expect them to do?

This is a first, immediate step they can do right now that infringes no one's rights nor has any repercussions outside of the community, but it speaks that something is starting.

I think a lot of the people inside Blizz are guilty of negligence if absolutely nothing else, but let there be a finding of fact first. In the mean time, I welcome removing any trace of an abuser from WoW.

Also, I really don't believe that all development has stopped on WoW. They're likely just pausing to do the immediate work of turning taking out these references, and developing the PR strategy, which includes letting the employees have their say. I want justice - not vengeance.

I am also throughly convinced that more then a tiny number of people who have issues with Blizz completely unrelated to these revelations are just using it to cover a vendetta they have against the company.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

They gonna remove Garona too? She is the product of a rape. Or are they just going to remove harmless shit like they did when Ji Firepaw hit on your character. I hope they don't remove Snurk Bucksquick.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-07-27 at 09:25 PM.

Sounds like they're just trying to score some good points. PR nonsense.

Instead of fucking around changing old content, perhaps they should all focus on making their company safer for women, and then perhaps after that work on making their shitty game better.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

WoW Classic !!!!

#NO CHANGES!

Does this mean pvp will be removed it is pretty toxic?
    Last edited by Thundering; 2021-07-27 at 09:40 PM.