Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    we also want to take immediate action in Azeroth to remove references that are not appropriate for our world. This work has been underway, and you will be seeing several such changes to both Shadowlands and WoW Classic in the coming days.
    Oh god, here we go.

/eye roll

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Dude, look at both Ubisoft and Riot. Took a few months and no one cares. They fired a few people and replace some dude here and there and everythings gucci. People don't really care, they just like the drama.
    You're not wrong for the most part but what Activision Blizzard's going through right now is on a much bigger scale that either of those cases.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    This was NOT written by the WoW team. This was written by PR, went through HR, Marketing, Legal and the higher ups, signed off on and then released.

The WoW team probably got a copy of it 15 minutes before it went out.
    Which is still what the WoW Team can actually do right now, PR proved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    This was NOT written by the WoW team. This was written by PR, went through HR, Marketing, Legal and the higher ups, signed off on and then released.

The WoW team probably got a copy of it 15 minutes before it went out.
    Bellular (I know, I know) is saying there's a rumor that team 2 is going rogue with their own statement.

Should be spicy, if true.

Thank goodness! It's about time woke culture made its way into Azeroth. Please stop only giving us 2 gender options, this is 2021 and this community is woke now.

Pathetic. They should spend their time on stuff that actually matter, like, actually improving their shitty game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Bellular (I know, I know) is saying there's a rumor that team 2 is going rogue with their own statement.

Should be spicy, if true.
    They should do the planned walkout, honestly.

They better start a fire sale soon™ xD

Can Blizzard just shut the hell up and fix this? I'm sick of the apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Can Blizzard just shut the hell up and fix this? I'm sick of the apologies...
    I mean, you know it's all bullshit.

If it takes you getting sued to finally "care" then you don't actually care.

They're not sorry they're basically rapists, they're sorry they got caught. They're sorry they now have to actually do something.

They're on an apology tour and it's 100% PR. Not one single person involved actually gives a damn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahhahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    I guess this means they will remove the /flirt emotes as well since some could see them as inappropriate or offensive.
    If any of them reference a real-world sex predator like Afrasiabi, then absolutely, they should be removed, no matter how much it angers the boomer players.

If this is the blizzard team, then this is all they can do. The developers don't have the power to fire people, they do have the ability to rename/change quests/npcs.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Seems like every statements these clowns make is just a way of patting them selves on the back.

Blizz need to stfu and stay off of Twitter and make the changes required internal, rather than pandering to their customers.

Pls remove gender icons from the character creator too while you're purging the game from abusive pixels, it might offend non binary players/employees.

What an absolute fucking joke this company has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriisto View Post
    Thank goodness! It's about time woke culture made its way into Azeroth. Please stop only giving us 2 gender options, this is 2021 and this community is woke now.
    Sure, removing references about a former employee who is a sexual offender is "woke culture". /s

Woke changes incoming...... clown world strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    If this is the blizzard team, then this is all they can do. The developers don't have the power to fire people, they do have the ability to rename/change quests/npcs.
    This is what the WoW team was told to do as appeasement.

Right now not one single person can make a move without a committee of HR, Marketing, Legal and the Officers signing off on it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, deal with your shit internally. We dont need the game to be affected by any of that, i dont want sylvanas to become Fat and lorthemar to be refered as "them"

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They can't fire people? What are you smoking? Do you really think JAB does all the hiring and firing? Jon Hite and Ion absolutely, 1000% have the ability to hire and fire, as well as people under them, like leads.

This is a meaningless gesture, because it doesn't address the real problem - their employees, especially the executive office and HR, and the drunken gropey boys who work there. It's not all they can do. Not by a long shot.