Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unless it's sexual harassment or other abusive conduct this is all leftwing liberal crap, I don't care if the male or female is more talented they may not mesh/work well with that team for many reasons other than what sex they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    "In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content."
    So...they are going to heavily censor all women in the game and make them wear burqas, while the men can still be free and mostly nude at all times?
    Pretty sure they're talking about stuff like this:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=14721/fi...shal-afrasiabi

Named after the sex pest most prominently named in the complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by msmollymillions View Post
    stock price goes down and the he finally jumps into action right on queue.

This company is a joke, even this paying the people doing the walkout is just a PR stunt. They are going to do ANYTHING they can to prevent the workers from Unionizing and getting themselves some actual protection from the toxic work culture that exists in game development.
    I see what youre going for but the stock price dropped as soon as the news came out. Did you want him to respond to news that didn't exist yet?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Glad Bobby got my email about the Vulpera.
    Looks like another wave of sanitization of the game is about to occur. RIP

Private servers really are the only way to experience undiluted, glory days Warcraft, before all of the content removal and censorship began to happen.

In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content.
    This just in "Cancel Culture" causes all female characters to appear in Muslim-esque style full body coverings when armor is removed...

Christ on a cracker people..

(I'm sure this'll get deleted, or I'll be banned, but worth)

15+ Year Old Account
    Personnel Changes. We are immediately evaluating managers and leaders across the Company. Anyone found to have impeded the integrity of our processes for evaluating claims and imposing appropriate consequences will be terminated
    Well this pretty much seals the deal that Brack will be a sacrificial lamb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I have never seen such shitstorm in a videogame company. Was there any tof this magnitude?

Maybe Riot?
    The shitstorm is only this big because

• Blizzard has been having PR screwup after PR screwup for the past few years. WoW's gameplay has gone bad, WoW's storyline has gone bad, Overwatch went bad after the first 2 years, HotS was put on life support, D3 expansion cancelled, Starcraft 2 ending, Warcraft 3 was outsourced and neglected and rushed and became a disaster, Diablo Immortal announcement at a convention aimed at hardcore PC gamers who were expecting D4, D4 stuck in development hell, Overwatch 2 stuck in development hell, Blizzard constantly cancelling all of their internal projects and being unable to put out a game, 7 months of WoW without a patch, first Shadowlands patch was mediocre and rushed, the BC classic server split, the constant braindrain of Blizzard old timers, and Blizzard insulting their paying customers. So people are already primed to dislike Blizzard.
    • Blizzard people keep yapping their mouths and throwing each other under the bus, so there is constant news for the media to regurgitate. If no Blizzard employees had commented on the lawsuit, then the lawsuit would've fallen out of news by now, only causing a stir for a couple days last week and then being forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It will be more

You have 20 staff. Majority of them are white male. You have two potential recruits of equal qualifications. One is another white male, the other is a PoC or female or both. That's when the minority is hired. Remember both are equally qualified. Just you keep hiring white males, then you're obviously hiring because of them being a white male.
    So that guy just got discriminated against based on his race or sex. You don't see any problem in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    So.... less based on merit, more on "diverse" skintones and what's between their legs? Am I reading this correctly?
    Yes. It's funny that woke people always think that hiring people for their race is a good thing, rather than blatantly degrading and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    "In-game Changes. We have heard the input from employee and player communities that some of our in-game content is inappropriate. We are removing that content."
    So...they are going to heavily censor all women in the game and make them wear burqas, while the men can still be free and mostly nude at all times?
    I imagine the prostitutes/harem/sex slaves in Black Temple and Hellfire Citadel will be among the first to go.

I think there absolutely will be some sacrificial lambs, my main concern is that they will be the “wrong” people – and I have seen that before in my industry, and in my previous job in particular. In those cases, those individuals also received golden handshakes, where they were essentially paid to take the fall, and given their strong history in the industry, they walked straight into similar roles, so really, they didn’t sacrifice anything.
    If they are going to fire people, and im 99% sure heads WILL roll, I just hope those kicked out are kicked for the right reasons, and not given a golden handshake on their way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    So that guy just got discriminated against based on his race or sex. You don't see any problem in that?
    It's not discrimination to make sure minorities are getting hired unless you think somehow straight white males haven't had it easier than others in North America and Europe than basically everyone else in the past 200 years. If you think this is the case then go read a history book and stop posting until you've done so and taken proper exams.

Any book that's accepted by far right pundits though are not acceptable.

It will be more

You have 20 staff. Majority of them are white male. You have two potential recruits of equal qualifications. One is another white male, the other is a PoC or female or both. That's when the minority is hired. Remember both are equally qualified. Just you keep hiring white males, then you're obviously hiring because of them being a white male.
    So, racial discrimination is okay if it's done to whitey. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post

YAY CANCEL CULTURE WINS AGAIN

I have no idea what exactly he's talking about, what content is deemed inappropriate? considering I haven't noticed or heard anything that means it's something that hurt the feelings of the liberal butterflies, WAAHH THERE'S NO BLACK ORCS!!!!

Also paid day off for those walking? so....everyone will now walk to get free money and just go home to play wow, players lose again
    Maybe they'll put Inquisitor Whiteman in a skirt? Or would that be considered misogynistic?

Who would have known when the stock prize goes massively down after the fire they are going through rn, a Guy who normally is all about only PR bs statements, suddenly actually is not saying the usual PR bs statements, but something that is shocking but a slim sight of Relieve instead. Because his 39 Yacht might actually be in trouble getting purchased.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2021-07-28 at 03:20 AM.

It's not discrimination to make sure minorities are getting hired unless you think somehow straight white males haven't had it easier than others in North America and Europe than basically everyone else in the past 200 years. If you think this is the case then go read a history book and stop posting until you've done so and taken proper exams.

Any book that's accepted by far right pundits though are not acceptable.
    John Doe just wants to get a job out of college. He doesn't care about some historical mumbo jumbo. If you deny him a job because he's white and not diverse enough then dknt be surprised at the amount of young men red pilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I have never seen such shitstorm in a videogame company. Was there any tof this magnitude?

Maybe Riot?
    Not even close. Maybe the Bioware desaster of them failing repeatably with Anthem or Bethesda's FO76, at least in terms of magnitude, but neither were about a subject as hotly debated as A-B right now. Riot and Ubisoft managed to keep a surprisingly low profile about their misdeeds, but they also didn't have the state sue them with alot of detail. Not to mention some of the stuff here was supposedly not even the WoW team, the suicide some say was in one of the activision studios. So these are sprinkled throughout the company.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Imagine what would happen if people outright stopped playing this game.
    If Ion didn't care to make his game fun before as it bled millions of subscribers over the past 5 years (and even mocked his paying customers for it), he won't care now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also woth saying that this argument of "2 people, equally qualified..."

Is not very likely to happen. At all. Maybe on paper they can technically be equal. But any interview will quickly dispel such thoughts.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Pretty sure they're talking about stuff like this:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=14721/fi...shal-afrasiabi

Named after the sex pest most prominently named in the complaints.
    It's funny, because Afrabsabi isn't even one of the 10 John Does who are the target of the lawsuit. His name being dropped was ancedotal.