Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    So that guy just got discriminated against based on his race or sex. You don't see any problem in that?
    So in the case where two diverse candidates are equal in qualifications and experience, you're saying the white guy should be hired anyway?

Someone is going to be hired. Someone isn't. If the goal is a diverse workforce there's a case to be made for qualified representation. If the goal is a somewhat racist frat-boy culture then fine, I guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    Stephanie works for Bobby. Go to her with your complaints if you were victimized at Bobby's company?
    She will be working to maintain the reputation of her company. It's good for business.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So in the case where two diverse candidates are equal in qualifications and experience, you're saying the white guy should be hired anyway?

Someone is going to be hired. Someone isn't. If the goal is a diverse workforce there's a case to be made for qualified representation. If the goal is a somewhat racist frat-boy culture then fine, I guess not.
    Hiring based on skin color is dumb... full stop.

At the end of the day companies/people should be able to higher who they think is the best fit for the job. After all they're the ones PAYING for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    Hiring based on skin color is dumb... full stop.

At the end of the day companies/people should be able to higher who they think is the best fit for the job. After all they're the ones PAYING for it.
    Agreed. A diverse workforce is also a positive and helps to avoid shit storms like this one.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Agreed. A diverse workforce is also a positive and helps to avoid shit storms like this one.
    depends on the kind of diversity... a diversity of values clearly does not work...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    So, racial discrimination is okay if it's done to whitey. Gotcha.
    I realize this might be an incel thing, but that's not how that works.

If you reversed the races in the original thought...it would be the same.

The idea itself is to not hire a bunch of the same people as it stifles creation.

- - - Updated - - -

depends on the kind of diversity... a diversity of values clearly does not work...
    I don't know, a diversity of values clearly would of helped here....Cause they apparently didn't have enough "Don't sexually harrass women" values on their team.

RIP Ysera bikini armor 2008-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
    I realize this might be an incel thing, but that's not how that works.

If you reversed the races in the original thought...it would be the same.

The idea itself is to not hire a bunch of the same people as it stifles creation.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, a diversity of values clearly would of helped here....Cause they apparently didn't have enough "Don't sexually harrass women" values on their team.
    umm that issue arose due to a diversity in values... some people thought that behavior was acceptable and others didnt...

If everyone agreed it was not ok it would not have happened and if everyone thought it was ok it would not have been a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    get ready for smaller boobs and flannel shirts for all female characters from this point on...

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm saying is that diversity in the workplace extends well beyond the room where coders, artists and designers work. There are engineering jobs, office jobs, customer support jobs. They could and should do better outreach for their intern programs. It's more giving a diverse population a chance instead of this simplistic "We're gonna fire white guys and hire for diversity." It's just a lot more complicated. Blizzard probably has policies about all of this and yet it ended up in a hugely public lawsuit, customer disgust and any number of other things with respect to everything that's in that lawsuit instead of zeroing in on tabloid-ready stuff like Afrasiabi. That frat-boy atmosphere—which is no surprise to anyone that's been paying attention over the years—is the result of how their policies are being implemented.

They need to fix that.

If the managers and current employees are mostly recommending hiring their friends then management needs to be on that shit and make sure it doesn't predominate the pool of candidates for job positions.

Clearly everyone thought it was ok cause they did nothing about it for years.

If you don't think they thought it was ok.

They literally called Furor's office the Cosby Suite.

If you're naming anything after Bill Cosby.....You're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    get ready for smaller boobs and flannel shirts for all female characters from this point on...
    As a straight male I’d honestly be okay with it. Characters don’t need to be “hot” for a game to be good, and honestly time spent modeling characters to make them “hot” could be better spent elsewhere. You don’t even see your character’s face or tits when you’re playing anyway.

I'm more upset Bobby gets fucking blue text, put his post in white or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Yes, Please.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Aaaaand the next Message about this.

At this point maybe think about switching the name to „blizzards internal Drama-champion“.

Nobody cares anymore, handle your shit internaly and bring your costumer news for the game and service they paid for…

this push for diversity is maddening. Not because representation is bad (it's not). But because forcing a gay character into every game / movie, or a trans character in every game / movie for the sake of representation is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as how we currently shoehorn in a Chinese person into every film to the movie will sell well in China.

If 3.5% of the US population identifies as LGBT you do not fucking need a gay character in everything. That's over-representation for the sake of making a minority feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
    Clearly everyone thought it was ok cause they did nothing about it for years.

If you don't think they thought it was ok.

They literally called Furor's office the Cosby Suite.

If you're naming anything after Bill Cosby.....You're doing it wrong.
    1. if everyone thought it was ok there would not have been any complaints...

2 Cosby is a free man because the allegations against him were complete and utter bullshit.

and I wouldn't be surprised if all these allegations against blizzturd also wind up being bullshit

A diverse workforce comprised of qualified individuals of course.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    this push for diversity is maddening. Not because representation is bad (it's not). But because forcing a gay character into every game / movie, or a trans character in every game / movie for the sake of representation is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as how we currently shoehorn in a Chinese person into every film to the movie will sell well in China.

If 3.5% of the US population identifies as LGBT you do not fucking need a gay character in everything. That's over-representation for the sake of making a minority feel good.
    I blame Social Media for being a huge part of why it has being needed by Companies to be spread and brought into games. Social Media imho are a huge cause of why so much BS (excluding microtransactions) have come into gaming in the last several tons of years.

I stopped reading at "safe space".

Also, anyone who praises this post is two-faced as fuck. Any other time Kotick is literally Satan.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2021-07-28 at 05:29 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    A diverse workforce comprised of qualified individuals of course.
    diverse in what way exactly?

people just throw that word around without being specific.

If all the people are qualified what difference does it make whether they are "diverse" or not?

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm saying is that diversity in the workplace extends well beyond the room where coders, artists and designers work. There are engineering jobs, office jobs, customer support jobs. They could and should do better outreach for their intern programs. It's more giving a diverse population a chance instead of this simplistic "We're gonna fire white guys and hire for diversity." It's just a lot more complicated. Blizzard probably has policies about all of this and yet it ended up in a hugely public lawsuit, customer disgust and any number of other things with respect to everything that's in that lawsuit instead of zeroing in on tabloid-ready stuff like Afrasiabi. That frat-boy atmosphere—which is no surprise to anyone that's been paying attention over the years—is the result of how their policies are being implemented.

They need to fix that.

If the managers and current employees are mostly recommending hiring their friends then management needs to be on that shit and make sure it doesn't predominate the pool of candidates for job positions.
    I'll ask you the same, what do you mean by "diverse"?

Also I don't care for nepotism either and think its generally a negative especially when the person cant do the job.
    Last edited by chaoticcrono; 2021-07-28 at 05:34 AM.