10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm almost amazed.
    It's almost as if Fox News is suggesting that 75 74 million Trump voters identify and sympathize with the insurrectionists in the Capitol on Jan 6th. That sentiment may be prove embarrassing once more and more of them are officially sentenced for their crimes.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I'm almost amazed.
    I mean...if she's just gonna say that all Trump voters are closet rioters and insurrectionists that's cool. Saves us the trouble of saying so and then them pretending to act all outraged, which I'm sure they'll do anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost amazed.
    Was it the officers sent to the hospital, the officers put on psychiatric leave for trauma, or both? Because I'm pretty sure "I was nearly beaten to death by a mob" is assault while "that guy said something I don't like!" is just whining.

Of course they'll act outraged. I don't know what time it is in the US, but I'm sure Tucker is on somewhere right now, probably doing all he can to defend and misdirect everything seen today.
    I watched a few minutes because I was curious and he spent that time bitching about how the Capitol Police budget is way too high, which sounds a lot like he's one of those "defund the police" people to me.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    What a piece of shit.
    I do not advocate violence.

...but I do wonder how Carlson would feel if a mob nearly killed him. Granted, we're comparing him to a first responder, Carlson has no such ethical requirements and could simply ran away. Not sure that'd help his case.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

...but I do wonder how Carlson would feel if a mob nearly killed him. Granted, we're comparing him to a first responder, Carlson has no such ethical requirements and could simply ran away. Not sure that'd help his case.
    lol, that bitch ass motherfucker couldn't even defend himself against Jon Stewart on Crossfire, and all Jon did was hit him with wit.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You can see the fear the little bitch had in his eyes from one guy just talking to him. If he had a mob attacking him, he would be shitting his pants for sure.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Jake Ellzey defeats Trump-backed candidate in Texas House runoff

He won against the wife of the previous Representative who died while in office, so to win against that and the backing of Trump in a Trump state (although I believe Dallas county is blue?) may suggest that Trump's "blessing" may be more of a curse.

He's still GOP and he invoked Reagan in his victory speech, because of course he fucking did, so it's not really a win for the country, but it does suggest a deeper schism in the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    He won against the wife of the previous Representative who died while in office
    Was that the guy who died from COVID?

Was that the guy who died from COVID?
    Yeeeep, although cancer had a hand in it, for sure.

EDIT: Annnnd the Justice Department just told Mo Brooks to kick rocks (apologies if this was already posted)

Justice Department declines to defend Rep. Mo Brooks against Jan. 6 incitement lawsuit

The Justice Department and the House of Representatives declined on Tuesday to represent Rep. Mo Brooks in a lawsuit that accuses him of helping to incite the deadly riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6.
    But in Brooks’ case, the Justice Department rejected the notion that he was acting in his official capacity, noting that his remarks at Trump’s rally were almost entirely political.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-07-28 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "noting that his remarks at Trump’s rally were almost entirely political."
    That sounds like the Hatch Act.

- - - Updated - - -

In a truly Trumpian moment, Assange stripped of Ecuadorian citizenship when it turns out he, um, didn't pay his fees. Oh, and lied on his forms.

Yep. He's an illegal immigrant.

There's a pending US appeal in British court to have him extradited. This can't help his chances.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-07-28 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's almost as if Fox News is suggesting that 75 74 million Trump voters identify and sympathize with the insurrectionists in the Capitol on Jan 6th. That sentiment may be prove embarrassing once more and more of them are officially sentenced for their crimes.
    are you suggesting there are Trump supporters with standards, or at the least didn't support the capitol riots?

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    are you suggesting there are Trump supporters with standards, or at the least didn't support the capitol riots?
    No, but there's plenty of those who now pretend to have standards, and not having supported the "riot" (terrorist attack), or trump in general. That is...despite still doing so, just not openly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    No, but there's plenty of those who now pretend to have standards, and not having supported the "riot" (terrorist attack), or trump in general. That is...despite still doing so, just not openly.
    that doesn't change the implications at least 75 million people are batshit insane

that doesn't change the implications at least 75 million people are batshit insane
    They saw 4 years of Trump shitshow and thought "gimme more of that". Your going to have a really hard time to convince me they are not batshit insane.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 74 million, not 75 million. And Fox News is the one apparently suggesting that they're batshit insane.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They saw 4 years of Trump shitshow and thought "gimme more of that"
    don't they have a right to that opinion though? I mean besides the capital riot nothing in my life was really affected by Trump's reign.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    don't they have a right to that opinion though? I mean besides the capital riot nothing in my life was really affected by Trump's reign.
    So, no one you know passed away from Covid?
    - Lars

The have the right to that opinion, the US is (once again) a free country. But I'm also free to think they are batshit insane for having that opinion.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    So, no one you know passed away from Covid?
    no, I have no friends and only one remaining family. I hate people in general as a whole so I keep to myself for the most part in life.

And also, COVID spreading was an inevitability. Trump did not create COVID, again. That was another nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The have the right to that opinion, the US is (once again) a free country. But I'm also free to think they are batshit insane for having that opinion.
    well 74 million being batshit insane says a lot about how divided this country is. That's no small number.