Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Oh look, Internet Man is taking everything at face value.

The point is they always make changes in the final patch for QoL and to negate the arbitrary grinding of some bullshit resource. Why not just skip the foreplay and take us there already. Only thing keeping this xpac from completely sinking in the raid. The rest is dogshit
    Is that really it? Like, you claim it happens. Point out it doesn't. You assert again it happens, point out exactly how wrong it is, and instead you're like "WELL YOU'RE JUST TAKING IT LITERALLY"

The times they eased up on grinding a resource has always been when it's tied to a power level.

Anima is not. You won't see such drastic changes to it.

And again, never were the changes as drastic as said in the OP, or nearly even a quarter of as drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is that really it? Like, you claim it happens. Point out it doesn't. You assert again it happens, point out exactly how wrong it is, and instead you're like "WELL YOU'RE JUST TAKING IT LITERALLY"

The times they eased up on grinding a resource has always been when it's tied to a power level.

Anima is not. You won't see such drastic changes to it.

And again, never were the changes as drastic as said in the OP, or nearly even a quarter of as drastic.
    Yes, the things that are obvious memes would never be implemented. But people like you are too concerned with taking everything verbatum. Apart from the obvious meme suggestions, most of it should happen, especially flying in the Maw/Korthia.

[Combat]
    All skills previously put on the GCD in Battle for Azeroth have now been removed from it. obvious meme
    The AoE target cap has been removed.obvious meme

[Covenants]
    Conduits will now drop at the highest possible level. No reason this shouldn't happen now
    Conduit Energy has been removed. No reason this shouldn't happen now
    The Anima Reservoir cap has been removed. No reason this shouldn't happen now
    All missions from the mission table and their Anima costs have been halved.No reason this shouldn't happen now
    Followers will now earn double the rate of EXP. In addition, the cost to heal and revive them has been halved.No reason this shouldn't happen now

[Currencies]
    All expansion-relevant currencies have had their sources doubled. a single Ardendew Pearl now awards 70 Anima(1) No reason this shouldn't happen now
    All expansion-relevant currencies have had their prices halved. a Tier 3 Anima Conductor now costs 5000 Anima and 11 Redeemed Souls(1)No reason this shouldn't happen now
    Item upgrades have had their prices halved. In addition, the higher ranks no longer have any requirements.No reason this shouldn't happen now

[Flying]
    Flying is now possible in The Maw and Korthia.No reason this shouldn't happen now
    Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder is now automatically unlocked.(2)No reason this shouldn't happen now

[Heirlooms]
    All heirlooms now work up to the current level cap (Level 60 in Shadowlands), therefore upgrades are no longer required.No reason this shouldn't happen now
    Wearing a full set of heirlooms will double the player’s experience point gains from all sources.No reason this shouldn't happen now

[Instances and Loot]
    The drop rate of all bosses in every dungeon and raid instance has been doubled. from Vanilla to Shadowlands and all in-betweenobvious meme
    A new debuff called "End of the Legion" reduces the health and damage done by bosses from Legion-expansion raids by 35%.(3)obvious meme
    A new debuff called "Out with the Old" reduces the maximum health and damage done by bosses from BfA-expansion raids by 35%.(4)obvious meme
    A new debuff called "Death Defiance" reduces the maximum health and damage done by bosses from Shadowlands-expansion raids by 35%.(5)obvious meme
    Sylvanas' legendary bow will now drop from LFR.obvious meme

[Mounts]
    The Chauffeured Chopper no longer requires the Heirloom Hoarder achievement, and can be purchased from Heirloom vendors for a low-low price of 10 gold.this is whatever/who cares
    Mounts which previously had a profession requirement no longer do. a non-Tailor can use the Flying Carpetthis is whatever/who cares
    All mounts earned on an account contribute towards mount-related achievements. even ones from the opposite faction or a different classthis is whatever/who cares

[Pet Battles]
    Battle Pet experience gains have been doubled.this is whatever/who cares

[Reputation]
    All reputation gains have been doubled. this includes buffs; WHEE! now increases gains by 20%this is whatever/who cares
    All reputation requirements have been halved. it now takes 10500 rep to reach Exaltedthis is whatever/who cares

[The Great Vault]
    All items available from the Great Vault will be obtainable - you no longer have to choose. In addition, you will receive 3x Attendant's Token of Merit by default.obvious meme
    Legendary Powers and Sylvanas' legendary bow are now on the list of items obtainable from the vault.obvious meme

[The Runecarver]
    Legendary Recipes now drop even if the Runecarver has not yet been unlocked. In addition, their drop rate has been doubled. in addition to this, recipes dropping from raids should have an alternative source. no on is running Nathria now for a legendary recipe, so good luck with alts
    The cost of crafting and upgrading legendary items has been halved. or refund me for the cost of recrafting my "meaningful choice' legendary in 9.0

[Torghast]
    Tower Knowledge gains have been doubled, and their costs for perks in The Box of Many Things has been halved.this is whatever/who cares
    Phantasma gains have been doubled, and their costs for purchases via the Broker NPC have been halved.this is whatever/who cares
    The debuff "The Jailer's Chains" has been removed.this is whatever/who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yes, the things that are obvious memes would never be implemented. But people like you are too concerned with taking everything verbatum. removed.
    You can hardly come into a thread, say all of this happens, disagree when someone says it doesn't, and then deflect blame to them.

Yes, basically all the post is a meme.
    Claiming 90% of it happens and then trying to backtrack on that is just strange though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Don't forget everyone gets a $1,000 Blizzard gift card for any Blizzard gear or services, 50 Activision stocks, and gets every single game/expansion released for free with no cost on subscription.
    That's only for victims.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's like demanding to get a whole king-sized bed to go through your bathroom window.
    I laughed out loud at this. Well done.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Why not just unlock every achievement, mount, pet and mog automatically for everyone without having to play the game?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

This is basically "And then we doubled it".

- Wilson

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Why not just unlock every achievement, mount, pet and mog automatically for everyone without having to play the game?
    Interesting thought experiment. This would very quickly show if the game has any good gameplay loops and you can easily identify what players want. Imagine you log-in and have BiS, all achievements and mounts. If you still want to play then you enjoy the game as is, if you don't then the game isn't as good as you might think it is.

So the OP just suggested to make the game easier since blizz members sexually assaulted women in the workplace! did i get that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Truth is after a decision is render, if Activision Blizzard survives, it is either going to be forgotten or people will cease caring about it
    people will stop "caring" LONG before decision is render, proces like this will drag for years, people will stop caring in week or two, like with blizzchung, forum goers were up in arms to fight against blizz as they support china and opresion of human rights, and two weeks later it was no longer even mentioned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Wrath had more than one daily quest hub. That alone gives it more content than what WoD had.
    well ofc wod was terribly empty, but tbh, except for raids wrath had some daily quests and that was endgame content...
    well and dungeons for first week untill you outgrew them (and then you did one weekly i believe)

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    This is basically "And then we doubled it".

- Wilson

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting thought experiment. This would very quickly show if the game has any good gameplay loops and you can easily identify what players want. Imagine you log-in and have BiS, all achievements and mounts. If you still want to play then you enjoy the game as is, if you don't then the game isn't as good as you might think it is.
    Most games rely on progression...in fact progression is sort of the foundation of games. You beat level 1 to get to level 2 etc etc.
    This idea that it's somehow less valuable to like a game because you like the progression in it is just straight up flawed.

For example, I started a new save on monster hunter. One of my favorite games. Why a new one instead of just playing my original? I don't have the same progression loop. It's fun to succeed and get rewarded for doing so. It's fun to fail and learn from it.

I mean, you can literally use any game and say "take out X and see if you still like it, otherwise its only X you want". Games are a package.
    Remove sound from a movie and most will probably not enjoy it. It is safe to say "you don't like the movie then if sound is required"? Doubt it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is the only thing I disagree with, takin this aside the game would feel pretty much like Mists of Pandaria or Wrath of the Lich King. Well done mate!

But sadly none of this will ever happen, not even 1/3 of it. Not with Ion in charge!
    I think we should at least be capable of choosing the reward of each gameplay type. Since my m+ rewards are practically the highest iLvl by default all my raid rewards are utterly meaningless, since I no longer do the archaic mythic circus. I usually have 1 m+ option and 3 normal/heroic raiding ones, but they are utterly meaningless, even if I'd like to have a piece here or there just to try it or complete a transmog set.

With coins, raid quests, the seperate pvp chest and m+ chest I ended up actually having way more gear and options than I have today, to me the vault is a giant downgrade.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no,its 100% a fact,there was far less to do in wrath than even wod,and thats just accounting for expansion related stuff,not overall past content

atleast wod had good raids
    You speak of "facts", and yet you write falsehoods.

Just counting the dailies you had for the outside world, WoD had one per day. Wrath of the Lich King? Well, WotLK had 3+ dailies in Borean Tundra, 3+ in Wintergrasp (if your faction controlled it), 3+ in Dragonblight, 3+ in Grizzly Hills, 3+ in Howling Fjord, and 7+ in Icecrown. So, low-balling it, that's 22 dailies available per day in Wrath.

That's 2200% more content than WoD.

Not to mention variety. In Wrath we had dailies where you had to pilot vehicles, dailies to kill X mobs, collect Y stuff from the ground... whereas WoD only had "kill mobs until bar is filled."

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    honestly, most players wont give a fuck in a day or two, remember Blizchung and how fast he was forgoten? this will be the same...
    and to be fair, its not such an irational stance to not give a fuck about the company, i play the game bcs i enjoy it, not bcs i like their corporate policies, sure they definitely should get their house in order, but its not like we would even see the difference...
    I have to disagree on this one. A horrible work environment results in horrible work results, thus creating shitty games. This is not rocket science. People are not robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I have to disagree on this one. A horrible work environment results in horrible work results, thus creating shitty games. This is not rocket science. People are not robots.
    hmm, from the articles and stuff it seems its some of the "old guard" (afrasiabi was named, who was in the company since 2004) who were problematic or at least tolerating those who were problematic, so either they were always like that even back when their games were "good" and we didnt see it on the work, or they suddenly had change of personality out of a blue at some point...

ofc there will be some difference in persons work, and even in the teams work as whole, but would it be big enough to be noticeable by us? i seriously doubt that
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-07-28 at 04:01 PM.

well ofc wod was terribly empty, but tbh, except for raids wrath had some daily quests and that was endgame content...
    well and dungeons for first week untill you outgrew them (and then you did one weekly i believe)
    Sadly that is still more than what we had to do during WoD.

hmm, from the articles and stuff it seems its some of the "old guard" (afrasiabi was named, who was in the company since 2004) who were problematic or at least tolerating those who were problematic, so either they were always like that even back when their games were "good" and we didnt see it on the work, or they suddenly had change of personality out of a blue at some point...

ofc there will be some difference in persons work, and even in the teams work as whole, but would it be big enough to be noticeable by us? i seriously doubt that
    It became noticable for me in 2014 with WoD, when the devs became increasingly toxic towards the community. I very much think is noticable, if one pays attention and knows what to look for.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Honestly just give my character the option to punch Sylvanas in the gut as many times as I want while she's awaiting interrogation and I'll be satisfied
    Or do hot sex things with her, and as a bonus that's more of Blizz's style anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    You know, I wondered if they even plan to address the playerbase in any shape or form about this.

The players are young women, girls, too. Also parents. I know it's about the victims most of all. But here we are, looking at them... in disgust.
    Why? PLayerbase is giving them money. They can rot in hell from blizz perspective.

If playerbase want a reaction then it should stop giving them ANY money untill they react. Since this would not happen then playerbase can fuck itself for all blizz care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    The people still paying and playing for this game. Didn’t read the intro of the post, though, I genuinely thought it was aimed at what’s left of the playerbase.
    If they pay then, from blizz pov, they can fuck themselfes and are happy. Because if they were not happy they would not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Since their reputation is spiraling down the proverbial and literal toilet lately, Blizz might as well put out a hotfix to make the game more fun.

I'm not saying that they should, nor suggesting they would, and definitely not implying that such a thing would erase the scandal, but it might placate the playerbase for a short time.

So here goes:
    /snip
    In 13 years of frequenting this forum, there hasn't been one post, that could express all my desires regarding WoW as well as this one.. I'd skip the part with great vault loot, since that way it'd take approximately 3 weeks of playing to get BiS, but otherwise, sign me up!

Some of these are downright terrible ideas. They nerfed heirlooms to make up for how much faster they made leveling overall and to better balance the experience.

Convenience for no effort does not equal good game design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.