Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If you are so good at investigating why Coronavirus was an inside job by Bill Gates and Greta Thunberg to depopulate the planet why can't you investigate how to install a program onto your phone
    It's not that you don't have a point. You do.

But the difference is how the information is provided. The "COVID is a hoax, the vaccine is a threat" misinformation is being thrown at the rabid fanbase by FOX News, elected officials like Greene, and others. "How to install Venmo" etc is not being broadcast on cable "news" or shouted at you from Russian bots on twitter 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I went looking around for a source that didn't just say "this phone is a stupid scam" and...couldn't find much.

Did not find much.

One of the criticisms of the device is that contrary to its makers’ assertions, it’s actually “just running Android.” But this criticism is either misguided or offered in bad faith. It’s true that this device is running a flavor of the Android operating system called LineageOS. Yet that in and of itself doesn’t say anything about whether the device frees you from your Googlian overlords. Yes, Android is owned by Google, but once you grab an open source version—as LineageOS is—and start tinkering, you can build pretty much anything you want and Google doesn’t get to monitor you or collect your data just because your phone is running Android.

So no, the problem with the Freedom Phone isn’t its OS. Rather, the problem is that it exists in an ecosystem where the user’s options for having a useful device without connecting it to services that deprive it of its “freedom” are exceedingly small.

Still, say you decide to buy one. Congratulations, you’re the proud owner of a new Freedom Phone, “free” from Google’s intrusive monitoring and censorship. But it’s also free of most of the reasons you’d bother to own a phone and keep it charged and connected to the internet in the first place. You want email? You want to have your phone guide you to your next insurrection-planning meeting? You want a calendar to put that meeting on? You want a contact list that is shared with your computer? You want to make a handy shopping list (of groceries or, say, materials for protest signs and Molotov cocktails)? You want to do some research on just how bad critical race theory is? The minute you try, you’ll notice that your phone simply isn’t as useful as it would be if it were connected to some of the services Big Tech provides. If you want to do those things, you’ve got to start installing Gmail and Facebook and the other apps that, well, defeat the purpose of having such a device.
    This is, honestly, the best defense of this I've seen yet. And it's still critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is, honestly, the best defense of this I've seen yet. And it's still critical.
    That's my favorite part. They think that the Tik-Tok vids they'll be posting from their Freedom Phones won't be "spied on" by the Chinese government on their FREEDOM PHONES!

It's a bunch of technological luddites.

I think the best part were the comments under the original Twitter post and the guy, supposedly so all about free speech, banning every single person who asked loaded, yet fair questions or pointed out the obvious similarity with the original phone from China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I think the best part were the comments under the original Twitter post and the guy, supposedly so all about free speech, banning every single person who asked loaded, yet fair questions or pointed out the obvious similarity with the original phone from China.
    Hiding replies you don't like? WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FREEZE PEACH ON THIS SENSOR SHIP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So I'm probably retarded but can't you just install your alt-tech social media platform the old fashioned way instead of using the google store

If you are so good at investigating why Coronavirus was an inside job by Bill Gates and Greta Thunberg to depopulate the planet why can't you investigate how to install a program onto your phone
    using google?
    YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!!!
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    A freedumb phone owner?
    na, a radical leftist marxist communist fascist elitist on the Soros payroll

that said, Ive always found this sort of "we'll leave and make something better" hilarious, cause for years wasn't one of the big RW claims were that they were the makers, and the "left" were all takers

yet this dummy brigade seems to range from building crap, to just rebranding crap while trying to rob each other.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

YEP
    This world have enough gullible people to make a good business on this shit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    This world have enough gullible people to make a good business on this shit
    While I'm not even attempting to combat that line, is this really a "world" product? It seems pretty marketed to USA. Or is Parler really that popular worldwide?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not even attempting to combat that line, is this really a "world" product? It seems pretty marketed to USA. Or is Parler really that popular worldwide?
    Well of course it's popular there are many paid troll farms worldwide with an interest in Parler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    YEP
    This world have enough gullible people to make a good business on this shit...
    "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." -- H.L. Mencken
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

I have no idea and honestly i do not care.
    Most of these ballsy claims are just scam or things that you can easily get on any Android phone for fraction of that price.
    Their site is on some kind of break "Freedom Phone is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please come back later." so can't cannot comment on the details.
    It does not matter if it is only US or more (i am form EU) but they will probably get enough money from naive people regardless like most of these 'fantastic innovative products' from Indiegogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    --
    But what you are ignoring is the reasons why people get banned from those sites. Odds are they violated the rules of said website and that is not deplatforming. The issue that needs to be addressed is the double standards when it comes to rule enforcement on sites like Twitter. And Twitter is one of the worst. People are pretty frequently abusive on there and seeing the bullying, harassment, sexism and racism that goes on between various groups or people is absurd. Twitter is pretty good about banning people for hate speech towards ethnic minority and LGBT groups, but why is it OK for them to tolerate disparaging of straight people or white people? Racism is still racism, and bigotry is still bigotry regardless of who does it. That is the real issue with social media, is what is actually tolerated and that an entire protected class has been created where they can skirt the rules without punishment and anyone else gets banned for the same things.

Deplatforming someone has to be arbitrary. Banning people for being dishonest or spreading "misinformation" is arbitrary because it's vague and entirely based on personal opinion and doesn't actually do anything to combat misinformation. It's also inherently biased towards the person creating the rules. Like the whole hydrocloriquine (sp?) thing was labeled misinformation even though hospitals were using it during their treatment of patients with COVID. So no, people shouldn't be getting banned for talking about things that their validity is up for interpretation because that is all completely arbitrary and just reinforces the belief that those people are right when they see like minded people getting banned for speaking their mind.
    Thing is you are old school. You have something called INTEGRITY and Principle. But the current generation of leftist have a principle of their own. It is called Virtuism. Like followers of all religions, Followers of Virtuism are also hypocrates. Do not worry, they pay for it with higher rates of mental illness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Damn my morals and principles that won't allow me to grift people, even idiots, of their money. Reminds of the time when I worked at my first job in an electronics store. One of the other salesman was trying to pitch to everyone else in the department to get in on this "business opportunity" of selling flavored water or get other people to sign up to sell flavored water. When me and another salesmen told him his "business opportunity" was a pyramid scheme he got all defensive and said it isn't illegal. We told him pyramid schemes aren't in essence illegal they just screw over the vast majority of people involved in them. That was years ago and I see his Facebook page through mutual ex coworkers and it seems he was in on the ground floor because he seemed to do real well in that pyramid. I can't say how many people he left out hundreds if not thousands of dollars to climb that pyramid.
    is it really the morals or is it just laziness? That you can not simply be bothered to?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwolf132 View Post
    Thing is you are old school. You have something called INTEGRITY and Principle. But the current generation of leftist have a principle of their own. It is called Virtuism. Like followers of all religions, Followers of Virtuism are also hypocrates. Do not worry, they pay for it with higher rates of mental illness.

- - - Updated - - -

is it really the morals or is it just laziness? That you can not simply be bothered to?
    It's not about integrity, it's about having an open dialogue and letting people express themselves as well as allowing more speech, which combats misinformation. I'm all for not tolerating hate speech and racism, but that is a two way street and social media needs to start enforcing the rules against those who are being bigots regardless of their race and regardless of who it is against. It's time to stop creating echo chambers where certain people are treated as a protected class and can continue to get away with violating rules on social media while others get punished because that just causes more resentment and fuels the alt-right because they see themselves as being persecuted while others get away with the same garbage, then the constant victim cycle continues.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2021-07-28 at 02:58 PM.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ia-isis-502078

Yo, can I get Gettr and follow all my ISIS buds to check on their latest beheading videos on FREEDOM PHONE?

Man, it's almost like nobody has thought through this whole, "NO CENSOR SHIP WITH MY FREEZE PEACH!" nonsense and now have to decide between "standing up for their values" or banning jihadists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Dosnt the Left say "dont like how X company does things, then make your own company/thing" ? And when the " far right" makes their own thing, its also wrong.
    The far right hasn't made its "own thing" since the Third Reich. It takes things others have done, scrapes the logo off, puts their own logo on it, and then sells it for a 1000% mark up. That's Trump-enomics. You can take the previous sentence and apply it to every business Trump has made and it would be true every single time. These people are literally scam artists who have scammed their way into the highest tiers of right wing fan circles.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"