Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Straga21 View Post
    for someone named trollhunter, you really should be hunting your own self.
    Ouch. Burned.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what correlation? where's the causation? just saying these things is not in and of themselves proof of anything...
    And now in the right order:

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There's just been a funny correlation between more and more diversity and worse and worse games, so yeah.
    yeah cuz one character being trans or whatever is the sole reason why WoW sucks.
    Thank you for watching The Gift Shop Sketch!

Oh and there it is ladies and gentleman. I spoke up against forced diversity and now i am a racist sexist piece of shit.
    You're not speaking up against forced diversity lmao you're literally arguing that legit methods to increase diversity and inclusion are bad.

A reactionary is one who opposes liberalization and me being a liberal, i cannot be one. Absolutely encourage you to not use buzzwords incorrectly.
    word salad.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    A brief mention of issues that are prevalent in our society = "hamfisting"

alright if you say so.
    Yes, a brief mention is hamfisted. It comes off as pretentious. Why put it there at all if it is only a brief mention?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    You sure?
    Let's assume that there are two candidates: one fit for the job (white) and one equally fit for the job (POC).
    Based on these new directives, the white guy will likely get thrown down the drain 100% despite having all the same qualifications as his rival because the latter will happen to have the "right" skintone and thus get special treatment.

Thus... it will be hiring based on gender/skin color.
    The moment you put "diversity" as an obligatory quota to fill you automatically shift from equality of opportunity to equality of outcome if you want to ensure that precious "pet zoo of colors" you want to parade to the public.
    Wrong, wrong, WRONG.
    Here's how it actually works.

A job position opens up. The hiring manager/hr decides a timeframe for which applications will be accepted and reviewed. 50 applications come in during that time for which the applicant's merits and job history make them a good fit for the role. Of the 50 applications, let's say 15 of them are from women, including 5 women of color. Of the 35 applications from men, let's say 10 of them are from men of color.

What Bobby Kotick's directive is saying is that hiring managers and resume reviewers will now be held more accountable if they are found to be automatically rejecting the applications of women or people of color whose applications demonstrated sufficient experience or merit.

If they get 50 qualified applicants, then the candidate slate has 50 people in it. None shaved off for being non-white, none shaved off for being female (in form or in presentation), etc.

This is a thing that happens all the time, and it's bullshit, and your complete ignorance on the subject and perpetuation of a misguided perspective on the matter only further complicates the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    And now in the right order:

Thank you for watching The Gift Shop Sketch!
    lol omg you're so cute thinking this is evidence of anything but your own biases going to town. I ask for evidence and all I get is the doubling and tripping down of your own behavior giving your positions on the topic away.

A "walk out" is hardly as effective in an environment like Activision-Blizzard as it is in lets say, a snack factory. The courageous thing to do would be handing in resignation letters en masse. What does a walk out cost Blizzard, a bunch of underperformant sprints? You might not think it, but the market is actually starving for work right now. Software companies are not going to care about a walk out... The hardest thing this organization would have to reconcile with is a mass exodus of talent. There are plenty of companies that are begging for more women to take up leadership and engineering roles.

Yeah well it happened in the company i work at, check my earlier comment around page 30.
    And it's not a "deranged notion about women" I work in a 3 shift workplace but i shift over every week.
    Meaning i work with 3 different teams. All of them are entitled assholes, all blaming the other team for any failures, all thinking they are the best at the job and that it's the other team that sucks. This happens on an individual level as well, almost all of them think they are the most qualified for the job and should get promoted.
    The key difference between the males and females? The males can't sue the company saying that it must be sexism that they weren't promoted. They just have to accept that they weren't and move on.
    So you think EEO protections only apply to women? There are literal cases from the EEOC where men were discriminated against.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes, a brief mention is hamfisted. It comes off as pretentious. Why put it there at all if it is only a brief mention?
    Why not put it there? The fact that you think any mention of such issues is forced and unnatural is a personal problem you have.

Why not put it there? The fact that you think any mention of such issues is forced and unnatural is a personal problem you have.
    I didn't say "any" mention. I see you are building strawmen again. I'm out.

15+ Year Old Account
    word salad.
    Hey, if you don't know the definition of a word, don't use it and then get mad at me. It's ok if you don't know things

I didn't say "any" mention. I see you are building strawmen again. I'm out.
    how is a "brief mention" not equivalent to "any mention"? If even a brief mention is unacceptable to you, wouldn't any mention be unacceptable to you? Are you purposely dense?

You're not speaking up against forced diversity lmao you're literally arguing that legit methods to increase diversity and inclusion are bad.
    "Legit method" is what you call it. Being against that is not racist or sexist in any way. Saying you won't watch a movie cause it only has white people in it in a primary setting where white people lived so it must have a POC in it otherwise you will go on Twitter to sperg out and Cancel it. Therefore there must be a POC in the movie who is mistreated and oppressed is not only a fucked up mentality. It's also racist.
    Saying that literally all female heroes somehow ending up on the same place to pose for a female empowerment scene during a gigantic battle cause a blue haired twitter soymaster wanted it to happen is stupid and detracts from the quality of a movie is not sexist.

Hey, if you don't know the definition of a word, don't use it and then get mad at me. It's ok if you don't know things
    why would I be mad? it's amusing seeing you use words you don't know the meaning of in a jumbled up fashion. like all you've done here is present the most base right wing knee jerk reactions to people who you claim to be "left wing" and then call yourself a liberal. words, what do they mean?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 05:03 PM.

"Legit method" is what you call it. Being against that is not racist or sexist in any way. Saying you won't watch a movie cause it only has white people in it in a primary setting where white people lived so it must have a POC in it otherwise you will go on Twitter to sperg out and Cancel it. Therefore there must be a POC in the movie who is mistreated and oppressed is not only a fucked up mentality. It's also racist.
    Saying that literally all female heroes somehow ending up on the same place to pose for a female empowerment scene during a gigantic battle cause a blue haired twitter soymaster wanted it to happen is stupid and detracts from the quality of a movie is not sexist.
    You're arguing about stuff I don't give a fuck about and never said.

You didn't address my other question. You think discrimination laws only protect females?

how is a "brief mention" not equivalent to "any mention"? If even a brief mention is unacceptable to you, wouldn't any mention be unacceptable to you? Are you purposely dense?
    The word I used was "often"... not "any". Try to keep up. And now we're really done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    The purge is here! Might be the only good thing on the list!
    Not good, since the disease just spreads to another company.

I learned the other day by how much some games idolize others in THEIR games...

https://kotaku.com/blizzard-harasser...rld-1847345457

Sandis, too???

Nice spin on names, too.

Yeah, ex-Blizzard employees bring the disease elsewhere, as the "love" is a CULTure.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz541 View Post
    Wrong, wrong, WRONG.
    Here's how it actually works.

A job position opens up. The hiring manager/hr decides a timeframe for which applications will be accepted and reviewed. 50 applications come in during that time for which the applicant's merits and job history make them a good fit for the role. Of the 50 applications, let's say 15 of them are from women, including 5 women of color. Of the 35 applications from men, let's say 10 of them are from men of color.

What Bobby Kotick's directive is saying is that hiring managers and resume reviewers will now be held more accountable if they are found to be automatically rejecting the applications of women or people of color whose applications demonstrated sufficient experience or merit.

If they get 50 qualified applicants, then the candidate slate has 50 people in it. None shaved off for being non-white, none shaved off for being female (in form or in presentation), etc.

This is a thing that happens all the time, and it's bullshit, and your complete ignorance on the subject and perpetuation of a misguided perspective on the matter only further complicates the issue.
    I don't believe this is what will happen in the slightest. Not one bit.
    You really expect me to believe that those hiring managers at Blizzard won't feel immense pressure in "showing off" the results of their diverse policy by creating a workforce of various skin-colors and thus skewing the hiring process to force that outcome, even if at the expense of merit and denying opportunity to the more "common" skintones?

15+ Year Old Account
    why would I be mad? it's amusing seeing you use words you don't know the meaning of in a jumbled up fashion. like all you've done here is present knee jerk reactions to people who you claim to be "left wing" and then call yourself a liberal. words, what do they mean?
    Yeah, there's a difference between far left activists and left of center liberals. But i mean, state of the western game industry speaks for itself - the far left are bad at making games /shrug

The word I used was "often"... not "any". Try to keep up. And now we're really done.
    Literally lying. You said "Yes, a brief mention is hamfisted." So again, if you're against a brief mention, how would it not follow that you're against any mention?