10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hoeg Law does good really good videos, he's definitely a worthy follow if you are into legal stuff in the tech industry.
    He breaks it down rather nicely, while it gets technical it gives you a better understanding of what they are actually getting sued for, what case they actually have based on the information we got now and so forth, he has been putting out quite a lot.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So reading through the opening arguments, I'm left a bit perplexed. The prosection cites a couple of articles that have literally zero to do with workplace culture to establish their case. It's pretty dubious to use articles that are literally about GamerGate in a case about toxic and abusive workplace cultures because I don't think those two things are all that relatable. Especially since one issue is about consumer backlash and the other is workplace behavior and culture. Unless of course you are naive enough to believe that what people do on their own time in their private lives is in anyway similar to how some people behave at work or run their companies.

Big Bobby B coming in hot with the capitulation to the proles. I guess they were worried the employees were seriously considering unionising so they tossed some bread to the unwashed masses.

Also, so much for the 'unproven allegations' and 'what about innocent until proven guilty' arguments, at this point they've done everything short of directly confirming the truth of the allegations. Given this (depending on the procedural rules in California) I expect blizzard might not even file a response and proceed straight to settlement.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish I had a pirate server of Classic again
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Big Bobby B coming in hot with the capitulation to the proles. I guess they were worried the employees were seriously considering unionising so they tossed some bread to the unwashed masses.

Also, so much for the 'unproven allegations' and 'what about innocent until proven guilty' arguments, at this point they've done everything short of directly confirming the truth of the allegations. Given this (depending on the procedural rules in California) I expect blizzard might not even file a response and proceed straight to settlement.
    Bobby is coming out because the stock price took a dive, he may lose a few millions out of his billions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bobby does not care about the employees at all. Just his money and the investors.

I am not really pro union, but this is a case where I think unionization should be strongly considered for the employees at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Bobby does not care about the employees at all. Just his money and the investors.

I am not really pro union, but this is a case where I think unionization should be strongly considered for the employees at Blizzard.
    He only cares about his billions not the investors since he regularly screws the company using stock manipulation and being one of the most overpaid CEO in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

Which is exactly why the same law firm, Wilmer Hale, that stopped Amazon workers from unionizing is the one Blizzard has called in to deal with this.

https://therevolvingdoorproject.org/...er-at-the-doj/

Also, it's the same law firm Ion Hazzikostas used to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How can people be against unions I have never understood this? And how could this situation not be a picture-perfect example of why a union is good?
    Because you do not have know unions really well. For instance, union in Germany are great, always willing to compromise to negotiate while unions in France are terrible since they do not want to compromise. Unions are not always a good idea.

How can people be against unions I have never understood this? And how could this situation not be a picture-perfect example of why a union is good?
    Because they buy into all the bullshit slander against unions and think that because there are some pretty corrupt unions that all unions are corrupt.

Fuck, man. I used to have long discussions with my conservative grandfather about this topic. He strongly opposed unions...despite spending much of his life working in a federal union and retiring on the pension and benefits of said union (in addition to his wife's smaller pension and some smart investments/frugality). I'd have to constantly remind him of the benefits he enjoyed thanks to the unions. He'd usually kinda stop arguing after admitting that only some unions are bad but that both the idea/history of unions and the majority of unions around now (my father, his son, was also in a union most of his life) he'd drop it for a while.

People just see the bad parts of it because it serves their world view.

That sounds like a problem with practice, not the idea itself. I can overuse soap on my body and make my skin suffer as a result, does that now mean soap is bad? C'mon..
    Oh the idea of unions is great, of course. But I am a practical man. Theory is fine but practice is better. Careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Oh the idea of unions is great, of course. But I am a practical man. Theory is fine but practice is better. Careful what you wish for.
    Everything is bad "practically" - see companies grossly abusing employees like in this very thread. This is kinda a pointless sentiment since it doesn't really take any position and uses pretty lazy "logic" to justify the anti-union stance without extending that same "logic" to employers.

Also, unions are a bit different in different countries. See China, where unions are more like company fan clubs than workers rights organizations. When we're talking about unions in the US/relating to US companies, we're talking about the US brand of unions, not the German, Chinese, or French brand of unions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Everything is bad "practically" - see companies grossly abusing employees like in this very thread. This is kinda a pointless sentiment since it doesn't really take any position and uses pretty lazy "logic" to justify the anti-union stance without extending that same "logic" to employers.

Also, unions are a bit different in different countries. See China, where unions are more like company fan clubs than workers rights organizations. When we're talking about unions in the US/relating to US companies, we're talking about the US brand of unions, not the German, Chinese, or French brand of unions.
    It does not change much in that regard. Unions are meant to defend the employees against the employers. But sometimes, they forget that the employers need the employees as much as the employees need the employers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does not change much in that regard. Unions are meant to defend the employees against the employers. But sometimes, they forget that the employers need the employees as much as the employees need the employers.
    No, the employers need the employees more than the employees need the employers. You thinking otherwise is you disregarding reality as relevant; a company with zero employees produces literally nothing.

Employers often push the lie that they're more valuable than the employees(ex. anytime someone spouts bullshit about wealthy people being "job creators"), you having bought into a lie doesn't make it true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, the employers need the employees more than the employees need the employers. You thinking otherwise is you disregarding reality as relevant; a company with zero employees produces literally nothing.
    And you still need a leader to run a company. Even companies run by employees only need a leadership.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Women were "subjected" to cube crawls? Like the men put a knife to their throats and make them do it? Bullshit. Bet they had fun at the time.

Next complaint: "women in a male dominated industry complain men were being men and didn't change themselves to suit the female minority" they complained men talked about women within earshot of them... oh boo ho.

People came to work hung over. So? You focus in you, if you have good performance and get your pay check who cares? Something doesn't get done blame it on drunkie.

As for the sexual harassment why do we keep hearing how strong women are yet almost never hear of them standing up for themselves and telling the guy to fuck off? It's always 10 years later they gang up and go after the guy when he's already in trouble. Sounds to me they didn't care enough until they can get money out of it.

This shit is going to ruin gaming. Gaming is male dominated. It's just how it is, so of course games are going to be feared toward males and have mostly men making them. If you don't like it, pick another profession. I don't want to have to be playing games from 2000 to 2015 in 2025 because rather than pick the BEST game makers companies have to fill the woman/minority quota and have a "safe sensitive" work place and churn out garbage SJW games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    This whole thing is ridiculous. Women were "subjected" to cube crawls? Like the men put a knife to their throats and make them do it? Bullshit. Bet they had fun at the time.
    Ah yes, because women couldn't be worried about making a fuss and losing their jobs because their sexist managers were allowing this kind of behavior and protecting the abusers.

Next complaint: "women in a male dominated industry complain men were being men and didn't change themselves to suit the female minority" they complained men talked about women within earshot of them... oh boo ho.
    Men "being men" doesn't mean they're sexually harassing and abusing their colleagues. If that's your definition of a "man", that's a fucked up definition that speaks to the abuse these women suffered.

People came to work hung over. So? You focus in you, if you have good performance and get your pay check who cares? Something doesn't get done blame it on drunkie
    If the same privileges aren't extended to women who are hyper-managed while many of the hung over male staffers are allowed to play games all day, that's a problem.

As for the sexual harassment why do we keep hearing how strong women are yet almost never hear of them standing up for themselves and telling the guy to fuck off? It's always 10 years later they gang up and go after the guy when he's already in trouble. Sounds to me they didn't care enough until they can get money out of it.
    Have you ever been in a position where you had no power? Have you ever been forced to suffer abuse because you needed a job?

This shit is going to ruin gaming.
    You're right, sexism and the refusal to acknowledge it will.

Gaming is male dominated.
    https://www.midiaresearch.com/blog/g...l-distribution

This hasn't been true for a while, even if you ignore mobile gaming statistics.

If you don't like it, pick another profession.
    I work in a female dominated profession and thankfully there's no harassment. Should I quit since it's "for girls"?

Should we hang a, "No gross girls with cooties" sign outside of studios and slap that on game boxes?

I don't want to have to be playing games from 2000 to 2015 in 2025 because rather than pick the BEST game makers companies have to fill the woman/minority quota and have a "safe sensitive" work place and churn out garbage SJW games.
    Cool, then games aren't for you anymore. Now you know how the women you're saying shouldn't work in games feel just a bit. Not great, eh?

Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    And you still need a leader to run a company. Even companies run by employees only need a leadership.
    This is flatly not the case. Partnerships work fine. As can democratically-run corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is flatly not the case. Partnerships work fine. As can democratically-run corporations.
    And there is still a leadership on all that, even in a partnership. Someone has to make the call at some point.