Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that was pretty obvious a while ago. because it's so scary an idea to treat everyone who works for you with dignity and respect. you can be use, abuse and throw away all the talent that comes to work for you and nerds will still gobble your stuff up like candy.
    There's still plenty of talent, in japan. Resident evil 2 remake was maga excellent.whereas i quit shadowlands after mythic slg because it's terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    A sugar-coated lie remains a lie nonetheless, buddy.
    "Equity" has been tried before in history and equal access to opportunities was the first thing to be removed.
    You can't have equal outcome and equal opportunity together. They're mutually exclusive.
    they're not and I see all the evidence you have to make this case. I'm left wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    I dare thee to quote a single post that contains an explicit 'offense against the victims of abuse', from anyone in this thread. Nay, from anyone anyhow relevant to this entire topic. I dare you to find such a quote. A SINGLE ONE. Otherwise leave this place and never return.
    You see, the problem is that if you don't put blame on the customers then you are automatically defending abuse. I know it's hard logic to follow but this is what you get when someone is on a moral crusade. They argue from emotions rather than rationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There's still plenty of talent, in japan. Resident evil 2 remake was maga excellent.whereas i quit shadowlands after mythic slg because it's terrible
    I already know you don't care about the plight of Japanese devs beyond the ridiculously racist idea that a certain group of people are just predisposed to make better content for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Unless they’re Japanese
    No, actually. If a black guy worked on xenoblade 2 and a japanese guy worked on some shit mobile game, i want that black guy hired asap

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I don't think it's creativity that's dying though, as with more diversity you do get more ideas, it's that those ideas all get hamstrung for pushing boundaries and for possibly being offensive, so everything gets boiled down to only the most basic, simple, non-groundbreaking, non-boundary pushing, non-offensive things which get released which pleases no one.

South Park covered this years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no8RJpC0nn4
    It depends on the focus of the movie/tv_serie.

I’m actually having the perception that nowadays everything is permeated with lgbt stuff for no particular reason besides “having” to include this stuff even if it takes no added value.

The gay couple in Modern Family is just fantastic, the bisexual agent in SWAT gives me the impression of “hey you see we do care about diversity”, but since the focus in SWAT is not the personal stories of the agents (or at least for me it isn’t in the slightest, like it wasn’t in Criminal Minds for example) I don’t really see any added value, she could brave been mono and the result would have been just the same to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I am not misrepresenting anyone. I am call9ing out those that have continuously misrepresented what Alex said in his tweet and refuse to comdemn those who are going after victims of abuse because they don't do their jobs. Their refusal to do so usually means they don''t have a problem with it.
    No, you're misrepresenting it.

And Alex can get stuffed. A senior developer (who more than likely knew before all this), whose first response to this whole situation is to shame paying customers on Twitter while it's his colleagues sexually harassing other employees.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You see, the problem is that if you don't put blame on the customers then you are automatically defending abuse. I know it's hard logic to follow but this is what you get when someone is on a moral crusade. They argue from emotions rather than rationality.
    Stahp. My belly aches from the intensive laughter.

I already know you don't care about the plight of Japanese devs beyond the ridiculously racist idea that a certain group of people are just predisposed to make better content for you.
    I mean... if you have a culture that fosters hard-work and crunch times to an extreme like Japanese do and another that fosters sitting on your fat landwhale ass while posting on Twitter all day (hello California)... can you really blame him for that conclusion?

As always the realist of our world is the racist of the far-left.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, i used to love western games during gen 4, 5 and 6 because they just hired people who wanted to make games and not screech on twitter all day. It's not my fault japan still does that and shows in their work
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-07-28 at 06:53 PM.

I am not misrepresenting anyone. I am call9ing out those that have continuously misrepresented what Alex said in his tweet and refuse to comdemn those who are going after victims of abuse because they don't do their jobs. Their refusal to do so usually means they don''t have a problem with it.
    Who's going after the victims specifically though? People are going after Blizzard, the company, not the individual developers or the victims of this. People are angry with, and at, Blizzard and rightfully so.

They fucked up, both as an employer and as a service provider. Them being called out for it isn't "going after the victims" it's going after the company.

No, actually. If a black guy worked on xenoblade 2 and a japanese guy worked on some shit mobile game, i want that black guy hired asap
    no no you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. whose to say that black guy wasn't a diversity hire?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nimin View Post
    I mean... if you have a culture that fosters hard-work and crunch times to an extreme like Japanese do and another that fosters sitting on your fat landwhale ass while posting on Twitter all day (hello California)... can you really blame him for that conclusion?

As always the realist of our world is the racist of the far-left.
    uh huh, because the culture of working yourself to death or jumping off a building is the sort of ideal we should be striving for....

race realism is by definition racist so thanks for outing yourself lmao.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-07-28 at 06:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    But didn’t you say that the Japanese make superior games and are therefore better? You’re contradicting yourself here.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i used to love western games during gen 4, 5 and 6 because they just hired people who wanted to make games and not screech on twitter all day. It's not my fault japan still does that and shows in their work
    Why wouldn’t you want to hire someone like yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to call it emotions; it's an impudent workculture that stimulates that kind of behaviour by impudent, comfortably careless staff. Complete impudence with no sense of self and responsibility. The moment an issue arises or is made public, they flock to make the most baseless and wild comments possible, trying to win a medal for fake outrage and fake sympathy, by blaming the people that actively support the company they work in.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-28 at 06:58 PM.

you wanted drones who do what they are told and when they become expendable they should see themselves out the door without any protest.

15+ Year Old Account
    no no you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. whose to say that black guy wasn't a diversity hire?

- - - Updated - - -

uh huh, because the culture of working yourself to death or jumping off a building is the sort of ideal we should be striving for....
    Because of his resume, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zellas View Post
    I dare thee to quote a single post that contains an explicit 'offense against the victims of abuse', from anyone in this thread. Nay, from anyone anyhow relevant to this entire topic. I dare you to find such a quote. A SINGLE ONE. Otherwise leave this place and never return.
    Actually there's been multiple comments about how whenever someone makes accusations such as these they should be doubted and questioned. Which is extremely offensive and one of the most harmful things you can do to victims of sexual abuse. I cba shuffling through this pile of garbage again to find them tho, sorry.

Time to clean house from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It depends on the focus of the movie/tv_serie.

I’m actually having the perception that nowadays everything is permeated with lgbt stuff for no particular reason besides “having” to include this stuff even if it takes no added value.

The gay couple in Modern Family is just fantastic, the bisexual agent in SWAT gives me the impression of “hey you see we do care about diversity”, but since the focus in SWAT is not the personal stories of the agents (or at least for me it isn’t in the slightest, like it wasn’t in Criminal Minds for example) I don’t really see any added value, she could brave been mono and the result would have been just the same to my eyes.
    The point is more that instead of focusing on what should or shouldn't be included because it might be offensive or whatever is just tell a good story, make a good game, make compelling characters, just....do a good job. Trying to focus on pleasing everyone (or not pissing off anyone) ends up with you pleasing no one (not literally, but you get the point).

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, they are not hiding behind employees. What they are doing is pointing out that players are indeed attacking developers and game workers. You continue to lie and falsely accuse them of things they are not doing instead of condemning those that are going after victims of abuse and screaming at them to do their jobs. Talk about being hard to take seriously.
    The hill you've opted to die on is a silly one. I explicitly said that people attacking Blizzard employees are in the wrong. The inference that should be drawn from that is an acknowledgement that some players are attacking individuals at the company and that I, strangely, consider it to be wrong. Weird how someone can acknowledge that there is some subset of players doing something wrong and simultaneously point at senior Blizzard staff (who likely knew about ongoing sexual misconduct but didn't give a shit until it became public) like Klontzas and say the comment about customers being part of the problem (which, for the record, was never about harassment of employees on social media) is stupid, especially when the relationship between Blizzard and its customers is purely transactional (i.e.: customers are paying Blizzard for ongoing development in a live service game). Again, because you seem to just constantly overlook it, the only problem that should exist is between Blizzard and its customers and it's on Blizzard to rectify the situation.

Regarding not hiding behind their employees, really? Did you not read the statement Frances Townsend who called the lawsuit lies and tried to dismiss the allegations? Or the official statement supplied to Polygon that tried to use the suicide of an employee as a shield? Really?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief