Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I did, just uploaded it to my Imgur account, since you can't post tweets as Image Imgs on MMO Champ forum i tried that. Didn't work.

Edited in the OP now.
    Last edited by Izzyfurious; 2021-07-28 at 08:15 PM. Reason: From a Request in the Thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are correct, however the accusations against Cosby were well known among many circles within the entertainment sphere since the 90s, it wasn't even really a secret. But, like I said, you are correct that it was later on that the media finally started reporting on it and the law actually got involved.

More damning than that though is the conversation tied with the pics - no one is wearing a silly sweater, no mention of the sweater, but plenty of chatter about sex and females.
    This. Just like Weinstein, Cosby's actions were the worst-kept secret in Hollywood, but there was still a media lockout thanks to Cosby's public image as everyone's uncle/grandpa.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

wasnt this before the cosby stuff was really popping off? just curious as it does change the context

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty damning. I would expect to see a lot of exits from the company by Friday among the group that's still with Blizzard.

Apologies won't cut it. They should be fired today, by Friday at the latest.

It simply does not pass the smell test that Morhaime, Kaplan, Metzen and others had no idea this was going on.

Fire them all.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-28 at 08:22 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The claim was it was named after how awful his sweaters were.
    Somewhat believable considering this was before the accusations against Cosby really took off, but still not the best look at all with hindsight
    Yeah, I seem to recall that in 2013 the public didn't know what Cosby was, it happened a couple years afterwards if memory serves. But still, the pics put to rest the notion that people like Ghostcrawler had no idea, and Blizz firing Afriasabi for sexual harassments also trashes any notion that the brass didn't know how bad things were. They just got rid of what was likely the worst offender and moved on.

On a sidenote, I had no idea the McCree Overwatch character was directly named after a Blizzard employee.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    wasnt this before the cosby stuff was really popping off? just curious as it does change the context
    Was wondering the same but the allegations against him became public in 2014, about a month before Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Was wondering the same but the allegations against him became public in 2014, about a month before Blizzcon.
    yeah but just from inference, it seems like the "cosby" suite was a thing even before that pic in 2013 and an on going joke. The tweet from GC back then reinforces this notion. so its very plausible the context is very different from what people are assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Greg was working on Riot's MMO...oof...tomorrow's workday is gonna be awkward.
    Riot was sued for the same stuff as Bliz 2 years ago and settled for $10M. No protests or complaining was had.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    GC posted a response defending himself from that Q&A video that was being passed around...i think yesterday?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ses-to-Lawsuit

big oof
    He even ended his tweet with "GC out"

GC "out" indeed
    Yeah he was part of the problem.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...86868547977216
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...88704214503425

Of all the men in that picture, I think Cosby himself has the best chance of having a career in the gaming industry after this...

Here's an Actual Women from Blizz that also Supported this crap!

https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/sta...50521373433856

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Fuck. I thought the "Cosby suite" was some sort of unofficial name for Afriasabi's office or something, not something he and his mates actually made up and were proud of.

Every new information about this makes the situation seem even worse.
    Note that this is from 2013. Allegations were made against Cosby in Nov 2014 and lawsuits in 2015.

While Hollywood execs, actors, actresses and comedians supposedly all knew for decades (where are the protests for them?) it seems odd that random Bliz employees would be running in those circles.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Metta World Peace View Post
    I am gonna add that second pic to the OP, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Here's an Actual Women from Blizz that also Supported this crap!

https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/sta...50521373433856
    I wonder how she thinks she fairs in a situation like that...

Creepy and gringey shit. But (and I know some idiots will jump on this), if women were having only consensual sex with them then I don't see the big problem beyond it being gringey. Ofc the company will see it as a PR nightmare, which isn't surprising.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Ah yes, it must be referring to pudding pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. Just like Weinstein, Cosby's actions were the worst-kept secret in Hollywood, but there was still a media lockout thanks to Cosby's public image as everyone's uncle/grandpa.
    Now use those brain cells.

Cosby was America's Uncle/Grandpa... so the Cosby Suite at Blizzard was for the uncle/grandpa types, right? Basically "dad bod" jokes before "dad bod" jokes were a thing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already unfollowed GC, unacceptable.

Honestly seeing how many people are caught up in this at this point, the problems are systemic and absolute. Management at Blizz needs to be burned to the ground, and sadly that probably will mean total absorption by Activision.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I wonder how she thinks she fairs in a situation like that...
    She likes being part of disgusting ''Bro Culture'' or other shi*.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Creepy and gringey shit. But (and I know some idiots will jump on this), if women were having only consensual sex with them then I don't see the big problem beyond it being gringey. Ofc the company will see it as a PR nightmare, which isn't surprising.
    Not to mention that this is a private chat. If you connect it to whats happening rn it's bad ofc. But that doesn't mean Dave and Jesse actually did anything that bad. A lot of people are talking about sex and fucking in private chats, it's nothing new.