Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, I seem to recall that in 2013 the public didn't know what Cosby was, it happened a couple years afterwards if memory serves. But still, the pics put to rest the notion that people like Ghostcrawler had no idea, and Blizz firing Afriasabi for sexual harassments also trashes any notion that the brass didn't know how bad things were. They just got rid of what was likely the worst offender and moved on.

On a sidenote, I had no idea the McCree Overwatch character was directly named after a Blizzard employee.
    From the Kotaku article:
    By 2013 there were already multiple allegations of sexual assault against Cosby, even if a conviction, which was later overturned on a technicality, wouldn’t come until 2018. According to one source with knowledge of the hotel room, the “Cosby Suite” name was a play on the comedian’s iconic ugly sweaters, and didn’t have any sexual connotation—at least, not when the joke began. Instead, they suggest, the running joke was that the rooms in question looked dated, like the sweater.
    The fact is the rooms look like any standard hotel room. It's all bullshit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Creepy and gringey shit. But (and I know some idiots will jump on this), if women were having only consensual sex with them then I don't see the big problem beyond it being gringey. Ofc the company will see it as a PR nightmare, which isn't surprising.
    Random women, sure. Women that work under you? Beyond inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Here's an Actual Women from Blizz that also Supported this crap!

https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/sta...50521373433856
    There's always going to be women that support it. It's as if people think women can't be swayed by power, money, and fame and are all innocent fragile creatures. I always thought it was strange when people got into an uproar when Trump said women let him do whatever he wants. Some absolutely do. People are shocked and appalled but nobody bats at an eye at groupies trying to blow a musician.

That's not to say this shit isn't disgusting, and harassment is harassment. Let's just not pretend women don't go after it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess Activision will be cutting the Blizz name from their marketing now. Looks like a lot of heads need to roll. I was wondering if people like Kaplan had jumped before they were pushed, timing seems right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    There's always going to be women that support it. It's as if people think women can't be swayed by power, money, and fame and are all innocent fragile creatures. I always thought it was strange when people got into an uproar when Trump said women let him do whatever he wants. Some absolutely do. People are shocked and appalled but nobody bats at an eye at groupies trying to blow a musician.

That's not to say this shit isn't disgusting, and harassment is harassment. Let's just not pretend women don't go after it too.
    Few do support it, some get dragged into it and get stuck there because they want a career. Same as any abusive relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    As some of us have been saying all along: THEY ALL KNEW.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Note that this is from 2013. Allegations were made against Cosby in Nov 2014 and lawsuits in 2015.

While Hollywood execs, actors, actresses and comedians supposedly all knew for decades (where are the protests for them?) it seems odd that random Bliz employees would be running in those circles.
    https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=446798

This one is from 2006...but no idea...i dont live in America to know if this was taken seriously at the time or not

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well I guess Activision will be cutting the Blizz name from their marketing now. Looks like a lot of heads need to roll. I was wondering if people like Kaplan had jumped before they were pushed, timing seems right.

- - - Updated - - -

Few do support it, some get dragged into it and get stuck there because they want a career. Same as any abusive relationship.
    I wouldn't disagree with you on that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yeah this one goes all the way to the top. You don't get in a position of power on that team and not know the shit that's going down, especially as widespread as it was.

You were either aware and kept quiet, or a participant.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They did! and now we have actual ********** evidence.

Holy shi* i am with words today after seeing this actually becoming real as real can be.

Yeah Metzen and Morheim totally knew nothing. This is clearly the work of a stealthy, organised group operating in the shadows.

At fucking Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Random women, sure. Women that work under you? Beyond inappropriate
    Inappropriate for the company.
    Personally I don't give a rats ass what kind of sexual deviants some people are if it's consensual (which isn't clear in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Creepy and gringey shit. But (and I know some idiots will jump on this), if women were having only consensual sex with them then I don't see the big problem beyond it being gringey. Ofc the company will see it as a PR nightmare, which isn't surprising.
    the consent gets more questionable considering the heavy alcohol seemingly involved and the fact that they were high ups in the company the women were employees or fans of

it's also creating an extremely toxic work environment having this being promoted inside the company. I can't imagine how disgusting it would feel to work with people who openly show pride in this kind of behaviour, it was bad enough going to school with people like that and even most of those teens were more mature then these guys seem to be/have been

this is going to take a lot of damage control for Activision/Blizzard and this is just the publicly available stuff. I'd imagine some internal communications would also come out in the lawsuit which are likely to be even worse

wow. that's just disgusting and outrageous. and it's practically all of the 2nd generation WoW dev squad, and some who were pretty well regarded before all this broke. It's just crazy, a real whirlwind of emotions.

She likes being part of disgusting ''Bro Culture'' or other shi*.
    Back up and go read her responses before accusing her. She was invited up to a party (like other Blizzard staff at Blizzcon) and had to deal with unwanted attention whilst there. She didn't know of the Cosby allegations at the time.

Let's not turn being in a party hotel room at a convention into proof of being a bad person. Reading her tweets, she had to deal with the toxic nature of Blizzard as a Female employee just like many others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=446798

This one is from 2006...but no idea...i dont live in America to know if this was taken seriously at the time or not
    There’s still many cultures in workplaces of ‘protecting the reputation’, which obviously goes tits up and destroys everyone when the secret is out. But as long as people’s jobs are on the line, and in cases like these where people are making a *lot* of money out of it, then it seems very easy to convince people to do the wrong thing out of self interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually thought GC is a nice guy, i had high respect for him as human being
    was cosby exposed back then and they were taking him as example or he was still known as black american father figure?
    i think in 2013 he was still very respected figure right? right? don't turn even GC to a piece of shit....
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Sad to see Ghost being there. Oh well I unsubbed myself and kids from WoW this week and deleted Battle Net from all computers. We're done with Blizzard.

Only way to come back to WoW is if it's sold off to a whole other PC Gaming company
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-07-28 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

It was because of the ugly sweaters and colors he wore. The old Blizzard building they worked at also had terrible color schemes and reminded them of Bill Cosby. This was well before the Bill Cosby sexual allegations were brought to light. All these photos and texts show is that they were whoring around, which is, not sexual misconduct in the work place. Did this type of shit spillover into work? Probably. But, these girls weren't being groomed and were consenting adults. Keep your focus on what happened at work, as is that's the problem.
    Also, it's extremely easy to be judgmental of these people and what's going on right now while you hide behind your keyboard, safely anonymous. But just don't be too hypocritical as most men and women text their friends the same exact way in private.