Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't think you can fairly make that connection from these photos. Posing with a pic of Bill Cosby like that was dumb but one shouldn't infer from it that GC is guilty of sexual harassment in the workplace.
    He denied knowledge, as have others in the picture and subsequent tweets which show they knew all about it and certainly didn’t act to stop it.

Again. The timeline was initially denial by Blizz in its entirety. They then moved to ‘well okay maybe it happened and it’s bad but *I* didn’t know’. Now we can see they did know, and are possibly even implicated.

I mean, they started out lying, they covered it up for years. Why in hell does anyone still trust them?!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You need to update your hindsight. Check the CNN link I posted above from Cosby's deposition on rape charges allegations in 2005-2006.
    There were also allegations against him from the year 2000.
    Yet those allegations were not taken seriously by anyone. Cosby was still an American Idol at the time this conversation took place. Evident by the fact that there was a giant image of him in a hilton hotel suite. Like, could you imagine any big hotel chain having a framed picture of a celebrity in one of their suites if said celebrity was even a bit shady?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, and I'm pointing out how 'boys will be boys' has nothing to do with why this is particularly damning for the people involved.
    Yes, it's damning because there's a corporation involved. Beoynd that it's a normal day between "dudebro's", assuming there wasn't sexual harassment involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    What?! You mean guys talking to each other about wanting to bang their hot co workers?! SAY IT ISN'T SO! My god, I'm so offended, could you imagine if girls talked about their hot male co workers to their friends? Fucking outrage, outrage and madness I say!

FFS, grow a pair all of you. Tits or testicles your choice and get over it.
    there's a huge difference between discussing such things in private and doing so in deliberate hearing of the people being discussed. one is a mild discourtesy that does no harm while the other is blatant sexual harassment. if you don't know the difference then I'd advise being very, very careful whenever interacting with people because you might also discover that it's no longer considered acceptable to grope people without their consent, peek under womens skirts or any of the other behaviour these people are accused of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yet those allegations were not taken seriously by anyone. Cosby was still an American Idol at the time this conversation took place. Evident by the fact that there was a giant image of him in a hilton hotel suite. Like, could you imagine any big hotel chain having a framed picture of a celebrity in one of their suites if said celebrity was even a bit shady?
    People were making *millions* out his name, he was very well protected. That kind of thing is quite the incentive to make these kinds of things stay quiet and go away.

It’s called abuse of power. And it happens a lot.

As some of us have been saying all along: THEY ALL KNEW.
    There was perhaps some shred of plausible deniability before, but not anymore. Not after the pics we've seen. If you were at Blizzard and didn't know this nonsense was going on you were comatose.

And as you said upthread, the idea that they named the suite after Cosby's sweater is obviously bullshit as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    That this whole "bro" thing even exists is one of the core problems. Have you even read any of the articles?!

Imagine being Game Director and the only thing you care about before Blizzcon is where the women are at and what kind of liquor is ready. This is really, really bad.
    I see you've literally never held a high ranking job in any industry. This is exactly what conventions are for and why they're mostly held in Vegas. Partying is the goal.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can fairly make that connection from these photos. Posing with a pic of Bill Cosby like that was dumb but one shouldn't infer from it that GC is guilty of sexual harassment in the workplace.
    For fuck's sake: He's on the line of texts that discuss bringing girls up to the suite, Afrasiabi saying he could marry multiples of them because he was from the Middle East and McCree telling Afrasiabi he misspelled 'fuck' (presumably joking about 'marriage'. You're going to argue that GC was too dumb to not know or understand what was going on?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who genuinely believes the 'Cosby suite' was named as an intentional reference to sexual assault...

I've got some beachfront property in Colorado to sell you.

Also:

https://www.vulture.com/2014/09/time...nst-cosby.html

Insensitive at worst.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    there's a huge difference between discussing such things in private and doing so in deliberate hearing of the people being discussed. one is a mild discourtesy that does no harm while the other is blatant sexual harassment. if you don't know the difference then I'd advise being very, very careful whenever interacting with people because you might also discover that it's no longer considered acceptable to grope people without their consent, peek under womens skirts or any of the other behaviour these people are accused of
    this isn't evidence that you can use beyond pointing out this attitude was wide reaching at Blizzard, which does them absolutely no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    It means that they all knew and decided to protect their "bro crew".
    I don't see anything in these pictures that means Ghostcrawler knew that women were being sexually harassed in the office. Of course he almost certainly did know, but to me this photo isn't really evidence of anything except they went out partying one night, just like millions of other people do every weekend.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's more about them saying they didn't know shit.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    What?! You mean guys talking to each other about wanting to bang their hot co workers?! SAY IT ISN'T SO! My god, I'm so offended, could you imagine if girls talked about their hot male co workers to their friends? Fucking outrage, outrage and madness I say!

FFS, grow a pair all of you. Tits or testicles your choice and get over it.
    How about guys just stop doing that to women they work with. Can men control themselves?

I love the classic blizzard shill's response of "it's normal to sexually harass it happens all the time so it's ok!!!!!!". And to all the zoomers that think that no one knew about Cosby's alligations back then, you need a reality check. It was a public secret since before 2013 go ask your parents/grandparents.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything in these pictures that means Ghostcrawler knew that women were being sexually harassed in the office. Of course he almost certainly did know, but to me this photo isn't really evidence of anything except they went out partying one night, just like millions of other people do every weekend.
    I mean the texts are the exact definition of "locker room talk" that usually gets swept under the rug as "boys being boys" in these situations.

At best GC knew these guys were up to shit and did nothing, at worst he was actively part of the problem circle.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    The left pic is a private group chat.

It just keeps getting worse. Absolutely fuck Blizzard.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it's concrete evidence.

People are looking for any reason to target the big fish, because they're easily recognizable. The sad truth is, the ground-floor guys are the ones perpetrating most of the sexual harassment day-in-day-out, by sheer force of numbers.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

For fuck's sake: He's on the line of texts that discuss bringing girls up to the suite, Afrasiabi saying he could marry multiples of them because he was from the Middle East and McCree telling Afrasiabi he misspelled 'fuck' (presumably joking about 'marriage'. You're going to argue that GC was too dumb to not know or understand what was going on?
    Why are you conflating bringing women to a hotel room and sexual harassment in the workplace? Of course GC almost certainly knew what was happening in the office, I'm not excusing him of anything. I'm just saying these particular images don't prove anything except he once posed with a pic of Bill Cosby and got drunk with the guys at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I thought this was in a group chat and not in a conference with all of them present, my bad. oh fucking wait.

Also with all these sexual harassment accusations you'd think that in the age of smartphones there'd be at least a shred of evidence. Sorry, I don't buy allegations without evidence anymore, there's too many false accusations out there. Show me something concrete other than "penis havers bad! Believe the vagina havers!"
    Afrasiabi was literally sacked for it. Yet the rest somehow knew nothing about it.

Yet here they are…