Page 60 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    there is nothing wrong with partying after work. so your whole post is meaningless.
    Mate, I'm a lawyer, I've worked in corporate law. We invented partying after work (and massively problematic levels of drinking during work).

I don't care how much coke and champagne the SAs throw around as a 'gift' from the partners on friday, you do stupid shit like get hansy with the legal secretary your ass is in the hotseat with hr on Monday.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Who cares about policy? When people are in a party mood they wipe their asses with it. THIS HAPPENS EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.
    You're saying that's OK. That's not a question.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You're saying that's OK. That's not a question.
    I wasn't saying it's ok. I was just stating a fact. It happens, whether we like it or not.

All they had to do was read an article published in People Magazine in 2006. I wasn't trying to say he was cancelled. What I was saying is that this didn't just appear out of whole cloth after the 2013 Blizzcon and that the participants in the "Cosby Room" were very likely well aware of all of this.

Here, read the fucking story for yourself: https://people.com/crime/bill-cosby-...-abuse-claims/
    and again, reality is, not many really listened or were attentive to what was going on prior to the blow up, it wouldnt have been such massive news if everyone in the world already knew. thats very revisionist of you. i mean, the HOTEL had a giant picture of Cosby in the room, that should say enough about how no one knew(or they were ignorant of, or they ignored, or they didnt care or believe).

this is just a pointless argument though, i cannot prove what % of people actually knew vs didnt know, and you cannot either. But evidence points to most people not knowing or not paying attention prior to 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Mate, I'm a lawyer, I've worked in corporate law. We invented partying after work (and massively problematic levels of drinking during work).

I don't care how much coke and champagne the SAs throw around as a 'gift' from the partners on friday, you do stupid shit like get hansy with the legal secretary your ass is in the hotseat with hr on Monday.
    id hope so. again i never said doing anything illegal is okay, harassing/sexual assault is not okay. getting fucked up with co workers after work? that IS okay.

Uh oh?

Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces an investigation of potential securities claims on behalf of shareholders of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) resulting from allegations that Activision Blizzard may have issued materially misleading business information to the investing public.

SO WHAT: If you purchased Activision Blizzard securities you may be entitled to compensation without payment of any out of pocket fees or costs through a contingency fee arrangement. The Rosen Law Firm is preparing a class action seeking recovery of investor losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is just a pointless argument though, i cannot prove what % of people actually knew vs didnt know, and you cannot either. But evidence points to most people not knowing or not paying attention prior to 2014.
    The only people that matter here are Blizzard management. Some of their associates say this was exactly what the Cosby Suite was about. I think we can stop this now since I don't respond well to goalpost moving. I'm sure we'll find out more in the coming days.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

This whole lawsuit and drama… I don’t get it.

You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.

And now I see the SJWs stepping in promoting the diverse card and the feminist agenda.
    Well blizzard I hope you can resist it and keep them out. Because go woke you go broke.

The only people that matter here are Blizzard management. Some of their associates say this was exactly what the Cosby Suite was about. I think we can stop this now since I don't respond well to goalpost moving. I'm sure we'll find out more in the coming days.
    and some of their associates say the cosby suite had nothing to do with that. The fact is, the cosby suite was a hotel room with a giant picture of bill cosby in it. So i guess the hotel was in on it too. The cosby situation did not blow up into the mainstream circus until 2014 well after this. And if you think people are posting on twitter with a picture of cosby because they knew he was a rapist and idolized it back in 2013, id bet you are very delusional about a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

You know what I do when I dislike my workspace and feel like it’s toxic? I quit and move on…
    All of this feels like crybabies not being able to act like adults and face facts or speak up to others when you find somebody an a hole or that a co employers crosses the line.
    Come on, man. You know it's not always as simple as that.

And now I see the SJWs stepping in promoting the diverse card and the feminist agenda.
    Well blizzard I hope you can resist it and keep them out. Because go woke you go broke.
    I hope the dopamine rush to your head after posting that was worth it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

id hope so. again i never said doing anything illegal is okay, harassing/sexual assault is not okay. getting fucked up with co workers after work? that IS okay.
    You're missing the point, it doesn't have to be illegal for HR to nail your balls to the chair if you do something dumb while 'getting fucked up with co workers after work' at a work event just against policy.

Like for example picking something at random, like pissing in the potplants and vases at the NSW law society ball or two female SAs having a bare-knuckle brawl in the foyer

Well unless you work for blizzard, then evidently its ok if you're far enough up the chain.

Dude, you're three days late for the 'huh? *vaguely right-wing ramble about applying personal responses to systematic issues*' argument. We're being presented with direct material evidence of wrongdoing now.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Ghostcrawler has responded to the Evidence that he was part of.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...420736/photo/1

- - - Updated - - -

Group Chat Respond.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...11905886531585

''Re: the group chat. Dave was talking about his own wife and a friend. It was a joke, not intended for a broad audience. But the chat is gross and I completely understand how it looks. I should have said something.''

'I should have said-'

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    'I should have said-'

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
    My thoughts exactly too. Absolutely shameful he didn't act in the end!

Sadly not all private firms are like this.
    I've known your exact example to happen at mine at our xmas party. Coke included. And nada. Depends who owns the firm I guess. And how small I guess, ours was like 12 strong.
    I will give it to you guys tho and your ability to drink lol.

Our one lawyer friend would stay over sometimes and I kid you not, next morning he'd be drinking beers working on his caseload for the next day on our couch, having never slept from the night before. His clients never knew that morning at court what he'd been up to the night before. Coke included. I should add he was a partner but still lol. They were all fucked like him at mine. There is a "drive" they have on another level lol.

I didn't know anything
    I never saw anything
    I would have stopped it if I did
    How directly do these guys need to be tied to the garbage fire before they learn to (or PR tells them too) shut up?

Greg already made a 'we have to be better response' that now makes him out to be a complete tool in the light of these pictures, if anything else comes out after he's made this second response he's going to have shot himself in the foot.

How directly do these guys need to be tied to the garbage fire before they learn to (or PR tells them too) shut up?
    Seriously. Greg needs to treat this like it's a legal matter and "shut the fuck up" like Ion has done so far. There's no digging out of this, and even if there's in-joke context that makes the leaked chat less bad (I can believe there's context we don't get as outsiders to a point), just shut the fuck up because folks aren't gonna believe you and will believe what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Sadly not all private firms are like this.
    I've known your exact example to happen at mine at our xmas party. Coke included. And nada. Depends who owns the firm I guess. And how small I guess, ours was like 12 strong.
    I will give it to you guys tho and your ability to drink lol.

Our one lawyer friend would stay over sometimes and I kid you not, next morning he'd be drinking beers working on his caseload for the next day on our couch, having never slept from the night before. His clients never knew that morning at court what he'd been up to the night before. Coke included. I should add he was a partner but still lol. They were all fucked like him at mine. There is a "drive" they have on another level lol.
    I've probably been lucky to an extent although given women have been the majority of legal graduates for decades frat boy culture is increasingly untenable when most new hires are women. That said law was and largely still can be a 'boys' club although it's probably more correct to call it a type-A personality club. Anyone willing to kill themselves to push billables and suck up to the partners is seen to be 'man enough' for the job (regardless of gender). 'Pussies' who don't want to sleep at their desk or work from 9-2 for two weeks straight get run out really quickly.

As for the drinking thing, it's a problem that needs to actually be addressed beyond lip service to work-life balance. Second-hand trauma is a real thing and generally speaking lawyers mostly deal with people at their worst (one way or another).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Blizzard is alt right lol? I thought they've always pushed their woke leftist agenda on us
    They were NEVER "Leftist" when we saw all the "White power" crap in WoW.

Worse THIS occurred in their offices showing brainwashing was happening there -- and possibly what that woman dev experienced too before committing suicide...

I don't care what politics you believe in, but in the end abuse THIS ugly it doesn't matter what "brand" it is, it simply needs to go.

Gamergate and their minions never left gaming and we're seeing the pockets where they still exist and rear their ugly heads. They are NOT about "good gaming" if THAT is their CULTure anyway.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-07-29 at 01:10 AM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    They were NEVER "Leftist" when we saw all the "White power" crap in WoW.
    What white power crap?