Page 62 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What else would the room be referring to? Getting drunk and watching Ghost Dad?
    it was referring to the giant picture that was in the room. blizzard didnt bring it, it was already there as part of the decor and they meme'd it the cosby room.

@Bovinity Divinity, here’s a timeline. Seems women were accusing him prior to 2014.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=47799458
    but it was not blown up until 2014. he was still doing shows in 2013, making appearances, and was not cancelled in the slightest. the huge event that made everyone aware was in 2014.

i certainly had no idea in 2012 and 2013 and id bet good money MOST people didnt.

It “blowing up” later on doesn’t mean people weren’t already aware of his predatory behaviors.
    of course not, some people were aware. but many more were not, or it wouldnt have blown up later, it would have blown up then.

im just saying i certainly didnt know shit about it. i didnt follow anything with bill cosby. i bet lots of others are the same and didnt start hearing about it until the big events of 2014 onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Knew by who?

Yes, the allegations that came out later talked about events that happened far before 2013. But no one was talking about them before 2014 at least.

Find me these people that "all knew he was a rapist" in the mainstream before then, and I'll agree with you. But unless these Blizzard people were privy to some additional information that wasn't really widely known, or they were some kind of Cosby rapist cult that he shared his secrets with, the timeline just doesn't add up.
    It's on the front page. Facts don't care if you agree with them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's on the front page. Facts don't care if you agree with them or not.
    if everyone in the world already knew, it wouldnt have became such massive news in 2014. just because a few were aware of what was starting to transpire, does not mean most average people did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    of course not, some people were aware. but many more were not, or it wouldnt have blown up later, it would have blown up then.

im just saying i certainly didnt know shit about it. i didnt follow anything with bill cosby. i bet lots of others are the same and didnt start hearing about it until the big events of 2014 onward.
    I'd think it's entirely plausible that Blizzard bigwigs were aware of the Cosby situation, simply because it was not a well-kept secret in the Entertainment industry, and they would definitely be hobnobbing it with the entertainment blue bloods.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

What facts?

Seriously, demonstrate to me how I'm wrong here, and the Cosby accusations were in the mainstream prior to the 2014 outing that went viral and brought out all the other accusers. You can still find nothing but broadly positive coverage of Cosby in news archives all the way up to 2014.

You can't, because it didn't happen. This doesn't add up to the "omg rape suite" thing that people want it to.
    It actually does. It's also right there in the lawsuit. Bless your heart.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people probably didn't. Unless you're one of those people who read tabloid magazines and delve into the depths of twitters for ages, how would you?

It's super easy in hindsight to say "OF COURSE!". Considering the hotel had that giant picture of him up and until 2013 at the very latest (in Anaheim of all places) it's apparently not as wide spread as people in this thread are making it out to be. Harvey Weinstein went around for how long doing ungodly amount of things and all the big celebrities kept calm and carried on with that too, until enough people came forward causing it to snowball into something that couldn't be stopped.

Just because Cosby had shit come up on him prior to 2013 doesn't mean it's wide spread knowledge. Not everybody makes it their life duty to be educated on every single person in the world.

It's certainly possible they were making references to rape and shit with Bill Cosby which should be looked into. However, is it impossible that a bunch of a nerdy fucks saw a giant picture of Bill Cosby outside or inside the suite (wherever it was) and fucking memed on it hard? No, it's not at all and I think it's pretty disingenuous to believe that's not a take some or all of them took.

I hope people realize that the Cosby Suite at the Hilton and statements from female employees detailing Alex getting way too friendly could be two separate events. It's entirely possible both of those things happened, the first being a giant a fucking meme, and the second a nickname that (as per the legal documents) awarded to Afrasabi's lair.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'd think it's entirely plausible that Blizzard bigwigs were aware of the Cosby situation, simply because it was not a well-kept secret in the Entertainment industry, and they would definitely be hobnobbing it with the entertainment blue bloods.
    i mean thats basically conspiracy theory stuff though, its entirely and even more plausible that they had no clue, like most other people, until the 2014 blowup.

add in the fact that it was the HOTELS picture, its even less plausible.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like simple math can't be this difficult for people can it? jeez bro. It was known for like a decade before he was charged that he was a rapist.
    I mean I didn't know about it til his court case. Not trying to defend anyone here but claiming that everyone had knowledge of it is false.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So in other words, you have nothing to say. Got it.
    I can't fix your poor reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Most people probably didn't. Unless you're one of those people who read tabloid magazines and delve into the depths of twitters for ages, how would you?

It's super easy in hindsight to say "OF COURSE!". Considering the hotel had that giant picture of him up and until 2013 at the very latest (in Anaheim of all places) it's apparently not as wide spread as people in this thread are making it out to be. Harvey Weinstein went around for how long doing ungodly amount of things and all the big celebrities kept calm and carried on with that too, until enough people came forward causing it to snowball into something that couldn't be stopped.

Just because Cosby had shit come up on him prior to 2013 doesn't mean it's wide spread knowledge. Not everybody makes it their life duty to be educated on every single person in the world.

It's certainly possible they were making references to rape and shit with Bill Cosby which should be looked into it. However, is it impossible that a bunch of a nerdy fucks saw a giant picture of Bill Cosby outside or inside the suite (wherever it was) and fucking memed on it hard? No, it's not at all and I think it's pretty disingenuous to believe that's not a take some or all of them took.
    yeah this is basically my take as well. this really shouldn't be getting the attention it is, as any critical thinking puts the Cosby suite to rest. There are real problems within the company that need looked at, memeing a picture in a room is not one of them and is only relevant for revisionists of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I mean I didn't know about it til his court case. Not trying to defend anyone here but claiming that everyone had knowledge of it is false.
    I never said everyone had knowledge. I said it was known. And it was known to these people as stated in the lawsuit.

i mean thats basically conspiracy theory stuff though, its entirely and even more plausible that they had no clue, like most other people, until the 2014 blowup.
    Based on what, your feelings?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

add in the fact that it was the HOTELS picture, its even less plausible.
    How do you know it was the Hotels picture?
    GC called it, and i quote "an old flea market portrait" on his recent reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Greg HAD to know.

Even at the 2012 Blizzcon -- on the forums -- people were talking about the Horde vs Alliance division AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT of players at the con!

Right there on the forums in plain sight!

Then Palehoof and his wife's banger post on the forums about him using his forum MVP "status" to get the underaged girls to send him underwear and more.

They all knew and just tried to treat it AS "boys will be boys" until more and more women spoke up and it could no longer be ignored.

I kept stating then, leadership comes from Top/Down. Blizzard had NO leadership on protecting workers (and Activision, too). Bobby Kotick settled a sexual harassment suit against him, in 2010. So this whole company REEKS of ABUSE.
    Holy shi* dude i completely forgot that a long time ago, your so right!

GC is a pos and and is trying to give non answers now, he deserves to not work at any company anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Based on what, your feelings?
    As opposed to... everyone else's feelings and suppositions regarding what they thought/knew at the time they had "the cosby" suite? That's rather the point, right? It's entirely plausible they didn't know.

I never said everyone had knowledge. I said it was known. And it was known to these people as stated in the lawsuit.
    that is certainly not stated in the lawsuit, you are just making things up now to suit your own agenda.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you quote it for me. Were they admitting they knew or was it a second hand claim they knew?

Again not defending anyone here some clearly bad shit happened.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Can you quote it for me. Were they admitting they knew or was it a second hand claim they knew?

Again not defending anyone here some clearly bad shit happened.
    Yeah bro, they were just watching ghost dad. You say you are not defending them, yet your defending them.