Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Voted for Bernie for what? Unless they happen to all be expats from Vermont, then it's most likely they didn't vote for Bernie for anything.
    ^^ THIS.

I'm from the South. We knew who we'd vote for and didn't need any "suggestions". I voted for Biden. Finally we had enough campaign signs to KNOW who was voting for who, too (my neighbor she covered her lawn with local/state/national campaign signs!).

I couldn't vote for Bernie. He has no relation to the South. We were just celebrating in Georgia. We KNEW who'd we'd vote for, but national didn't. SC vote was a snapshot of our thinking then.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    this is beginning to sound less like a fight against workplace abuse and more like a communist manifesto
    Now go see how much power employees in pro sports leagues wield. Now granted game studio employees will never hold that sort of power but they are much better off to go on the high end in demands in the hope of compromising to get the things they really want in the future. Honestly I think a lot of posters here are just scared how all of this will impact the release of new wow content and are making the employees out as the bad guys because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I’m specifically referring to your Colin reference. It’s wrong. I don’t give two shits about the Dixie chicks. You are using Colin to preach a narrative, and you are wrong. I don’t believe that either side is without blame (unlike you clearly). You however have some axe to grind on an example that is wrong. It’s as simple as that. I can’t dumb it down any more that.

- - - Updated - - -

So because a person disagrees with you, and doesn’t clearly react to the same situation as you means that their experience wasn’t real or credible. Slippery slope of hypocrisy this judgement.
    They haven't just been disagreeing. They have been actively victim blaming and trivializing the entire lawsuit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Oh man this shit-storm just keeps on getting bigger. Cosby also wasn’t accused until 2014, and that picture is apparently from 2013, so that raises some eyebrows.
    There have been accusations going back farther than 2014...it just didn't become big news till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    There have been accusations going back farther than 2014...it just didn't become big news till then.
    Also one of the people made a comment about adding a Cosby Suite to Garrisons in 2014.

Can we please not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Protesting in and out of game - is great, but all the people demanding the end of WoW or promoting the end of WoW because of this - they need to remember that the vast vast majority of WoW creators are victims or innocent, and throwing them under the bus along with the perpetrators - not good.

PS: Same applies where D3 and the other stuff made are being targeted.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They haven't just been disagreeing. They have been actively victim blaming and trivializing the entire lawsuit.
    I have read his posts. You see it as trivializing and I see it as being polar reactionary. Could that other poster have more tact? For sure. That doesn’t make him wrong. A lot of his/her points are valid. Too many people here want to skip the trial and the jury, and go straight to execution. His total scope (from what I see) is to make sure that people stay grounded and work within the process of prosecution/defense and not subscribe to “muh feels” and completely ignore truths or other inalienable rights.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Protesting in and out of game - is great, but all the people demanding the end of WoW or promoting the end of WoW because of this - they need to remember that the vast vast majority of WoW creators are victims or innocent, and throwing them under the bus along with the perpetrators - not good.

There is nothing good to be gained by keeping Blizzard on life support.

Even if we're somehow to handwave the apparent harassment and abuse, there's still the garbage tier wages that force people to take multiple jobs and the crunch culture. To want to stay with Blizzard at this point is Stockholm Syndrome. Rip off the bandaid and find a better place.

Like clockwork. "Our corporate structure is being attacked for its actual malfeasance. Quick, send out the critical idiots to change the focus of the conversation towards a totally unrelated narrative that makes people forget what they were angry about in the first place".

The capitalists have this shit down to a fucking science at this point.

This is how you take an opportunity to make meaningful change and by trying to tack on various union-style demands blow the whole thing.

None of the 30 or so people discussing this on here have anywhere near that power regardless. Let's be somewhat realistic here. Ultimately this is almost entirely in Bliz's hands in terms of how they react and repair their workplace and image as well as the games/wow content they produce in the future. They need to right the ship in all of these areas to return to anywhere close to where they were 6 months ago though in terms of profitability. It's all on Bliz. Not on mmo champ posters.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Like clockwork. "Our corporate structure is being attacked for its actual malfeasance. Quick, send out the critical idiots to change the focus of the conversation towards a totally unrelated narrative that makes people forget what they were angry about in the first place".

The capitalists have this shit down to a fucking science at this point.
    i truly don't understand why there have been randoms posting about "this is capitalist," "this is communist." it sounds like a bunch of paid shill talk to stir up shit

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    This is how you take an opportunity to make meaningful change and by trying to tack on various union-style demands blow the whole thing.
    Take a totally reasonable and agreeable stance ("employees should not be able to sexually and verbally harass each other, and those that did should be shitcanned.") and use it to trojan horse a lot of contentious ideological bullshit that had nothing to do with the original situation into the mix.

Many such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I have read his posts. You see it as trivializing and I see it as being polar reactionary. Could that other poster have more tact? For sure. That doesn’t make him wrong. A lot of his/her points are valid. Too many people here want to skip the trial and the jury, and go straight to execution. His total scope (from what I see) is to make sure that people stay grounded and work within the process of prosecution/defense and not subscribe to “muh feels” and completely ignore truths or other inalienable rights.
    The trial is purely to determine how badly Blizzard is getting sued and how much they'll be forced to change. There might be criminal cases after but this isn't about determining whether or not they are guilty. Because they've already proved to be guilty. And the poster you speak of doesn't have a single valid point. They've been doing everything they can to trivialize the entire lawsuit and pretty much saying people should just deal with it or leave.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosivo View Post
    i truly don't understand why there have been randoms posting about "this is capitalist," "this is communist." it sounds like a bunch of paid shill talk to stir up shit
    Idk, I think they’re probably just idiots. Most people don’t tend to comprehend capitalism or communism all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There is nothing good to be gained by keeping Blizzard on life support.
    They've not been on life support ... and I'd say having a lot of people lose their jobs because of a few nasty people is not good.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

They've not been on life support ... and I'd say having a lot of people lose their jobs because of a few nasty people is not good.
    Lose their jobs? Again, I reiterate: the same jobs where they got

Grossly underpaid ("pay for your ambitions")
    Were worked to utter physical and mental exhaustion
    Were allegedly free game for sexual harassment and verbal abuse
    Were allegedly passed up for promotion because they didn't belong to the clique

That job? This is why I say "rip off the bandaid." You and others think that these employees need Blizzard, and to those ends, should stick around to reform it, when in reality they should hightail it out of there and find their way into studios that treat them at least marginally more like dignified human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The trial is purely to determine how badly Blizzard is getting sued and how much they'll be forced to change. There might be criminal cases after but this isn't about determining whether or not they are guilty. Because they've already proved to be guilty. And the poster you speak of doesn't have a single valid point. They've been doing everything they can to trivialize the entire lawsuit and pretty much saying people should just deal with it or leave.
    I disagree. What I get out of the posts is to point out hypocrisy in many posters in this thread. You aren’t even completely absolved yourself. You infer that because that poster doesn’t act like you, that means that they weren’t assaulted while telling him that assault should be taken seriously and not ignored or trivialized. That’s EXACTLY what you are doing. You are trivializing their claim to assault because that person doesn’t act like you.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Employee Response to Bobby Kotick's Statement
    The Verge has posted an employee response to Bobby Kotick's letter.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    On the evening before our employee walkout, Activision Blizzard leadership released a statement apologizing for their harmful responses to last week’s DFEH lawsuit. While we are pleased to see that our collective voices — including an open letter with thousands of signatures from current employees — have convinced leadership to change the tone of their communications, this response fails to address critical elements at the heart of employee concerns.

Activision Blizzard’s response did not address the following:

• The end of forced arbitration for all employees.
    • Worker participation in oversight of hiring and promotion policies.
    • The need for greater pay transparency to ensure equality.
    • Employee selection of a third party to audit HR and other company processes.

Today’s walkout will demonstrate that this is not a one-time event that our leaders can ignore. We will not return to silence; we will not be placated by the same processes that led us to this point.

This is the beginning of an enduring movement in favor of better labor conditions for all employees, especially women, in particular women of color and transgender women, nonbinary people, and other marginalized groups.

We expect a prompt response and a commitment to action from leadership on the points enumerated above, and look forward to maintaining a constructive dialogue on how to build a better Activision Blizzard for all employees.

Today, we stand up for change. Tomorrow and beyond, we will be the change.

Additional Information on Cosby Suite
    Kotaku published some additional information about the Cosby Suite. It also confirms that Afrasiabi was terminated for his misconduct in 2020.

Reddit users have also posted about related tweets that aren't in the article.

Isnt it wnough to say "all employees"? Thanks for caring less about white women and men in general.

get help for your addiction