Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Backlash opening new doors?

So, by now everyone and their dog has seen the clusterfuck that has been brewing in blizzard and finally spilled over onto our side of the fence for all to see. And it is generating all kinds of movement, whether it's good or bad in the long run is something we'll just have to see. Between this scandal and blizzard and a general hatred for shadowlands a quick trip through /wow on reddit will show plenty of people just saying "Screw this, I'm out."

As you can expect certain blue's are sweating about sub numbers. My point being is that short of a jaw dropping 10.0 trailer(which is a year away at the absolute best) WoW is going to be on the decline, so blizz in my opinion will likely try adding certain hooks that they would normally not consider or simply not bother with that will keep the game numbers afloat until they can try again with the next expansion.

New non standard model races?(Centaurs, trolls, Vorkai, Naga)
    Faction changes?
    Class/race restrictions?
    long demanded customization options?

What do you think is a possible Hail Mary from Blizzard to keep people interested?

Current thread warnings:
    This is starting to derail into a "WoW is Dying/Dead" thread, so let's pivot back to the notion of things that could revitalize the game as opposed to dwelling on/celebrating its death (or going completely off-topic into unrelated real world issues).
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-07-29 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Added Thread Warnings

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt if they can add any of those things. I largely expect they will go with their plan because their development process doesn't allow them all that much flexibility.

If you are somehow believing that WoW is dead or dying, it isn't and the thread is liable to be closed because of it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't believe it's dying I believe it isn't going to be as profitable as they want it to be and will take actions they normally would write off as to much of a bother to boost it.

player housing and tinkerer class ...... that will be the hook.

^ sarcasm
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I don't believe it's dying I believe it isn't going to be as profitable as they want it to be and will take actions they normally would write off as to much of a bother to boost it.
    losing profits is as good as dead to investors. that will probably be the key factor.

edit: to be on topic, i don't think anything short of scrapping all the current systems will bring players back. people were already leaving cause the game sucks. i doubt most of them will comeback because of a new minor feature if the game still sucks.

1+ Year Old Account
    True player housing would be pretty cool. I don’t even think people would be mad if it was kinda buggy. I’ve used world building tools on the private servers long ago and it’s a lot easier to let players slap something stupid together than footnotes would lead on. I think it would be more of a matter of making sure there wasn’t any abusable bugs in the mix, and garrisons prove that they can pretty much allocate any world space for this with relative ease. It’s a dream of mine to be able to decorate a prefabbed home on retail and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    losing profits is as good as dead to investors. that will probably be the key factor.

edit: to be on topic, i don't think anything short of scrapping all the current systems will bring players back. people were already leaving cause the game sucks. i doubt most of them will comeback because of a new minor feature if the game still sucks.
    I can't disagree with you the game is in a state that is more than a little infuriating. That's why I believe we won't see any 'huge' changes that involve major systems or player power until 10.0. But I do think some gimmic or hook would keep at least some interest going until they manage to shove that out.

My personal theory is on the races. Mechagnomes. Cursed creatures that they are, are incapable of showing half their armor slots. It could easily open the door for similarly challenged races.

10+ Year Old Account

Investors will decide the "fate" of Blizzard.

Just how many teacher pension funds will keep feeding off of other women in the work place will be interesting to see. They sure did cut the line during the CoVID-19 vaccinations even ahead of the most vulnerable people NEEDING it.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

i dont undrestand why people think these devs have the mental fortitude to improve the game in ways players want as an insentive to bring people back,they wont

they will just replace some male npc's with black female ones and make a statement about how ''blizzard is about inclusion and everyone has a voice *as long as it doesnt go against our chinese overlords* ''

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i dont undrestand why people think these devs have the mental fortitude to improve the game in ways players want as an insentive to bring people back,they wont

they will just replace some male npc's with black female ones and make a statement about how ''blizzard is about inclusion and everyone has a voice *as long as it doesnt go against our chinese overlords* ''
    i never said the current devs would. all i said was i don't think anything short of gutting all the systems out of the game would bring people back. please don't put words into my mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    they can do things like:
    allow copy from retail to classic
    from classic to retail
    add ALL removed items in the bmah

I think they're working on wow 2
    I think retail wow at one point in the future will get less profitable than classic and its expansions
    but godamn someone in blizzard please connect all classic era realms into one...they're shooting themselves in the foot so hard, it makes 0 sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    they can do things like:
    allow copy from retail to classic
    from classic to retail
    add ALL removed items in the bmah

I think they're working on wow 2
    I think retail wow at one point in the future will get less profitable than classic and its expansions
    but godamn someone in blizzard please connect all classic era realms into one...they're shooting themselves in the foot so hard, it makes 0 sense
    the people who spent milions of gold on the removed transmogs would literaly re-enact the capitol siege but on blizzard hq

I think a good chunk of this forum thinks this crappy lawsuit is finally the death sentence of this game they were waiting for thus will create the utopia MMO in their head

then be sad and disappointed when it brings nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the people who spent milions of gold on the removed transmogs would literaly re-enact the capitol siege but on blizzard hq
    yeah...but they're like 0.1% of the playerbase or less

It's very hard to produce something good in a short amount of time. These development pipelines often operate YEARS in advance, you can't just turn on a dime and go "let's add all this amazing stuff in the next two months". The faster you put something in, the worse its quality tends to be.

That being said, they COULD whip up a preview of something amazing to tide people over and wet their appetites for things to come - provided they have something lined up for a not-too-distant future (rather than, say, something like the Elder Scrolls VI trailer).

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I think a good chunk of this forum thinks this crappy lawsuit is finally the death sentence of this game they were waiting for thus will create the utopia MMO in their head

then be sad and disappointed when it brings nothing.
    any delay in bobby's acquisition of his next yacht is a victory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's very hard to produce something good in a short amount of time. These development pipelines often operate YEARS in advance, you can't just turn on a dime and go "let's add all this amazing stuff in the next two months". The faster you put something in, the worse its quality tends to be.

That being said, they COULD whip up a preview of something amazing to tide people over and wet their appetites for things to come - provided they have something lined up for a not-too-distant future (rather than, say, something like the Elder Scrolls VI trailer).
    actualy they could remove the systems and give players free acces to pick any covenants ability in a day

If they used this as an opportunity to totally strip things back and rething the direction of the game, I would be happy with that. Obviously there are bigger things happening for the staff involved, im purely saying from a gameplay perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You heard it HERE first fam: WoW’s going free to play aaaaahhhhhhahahhahhaakakakakkakkkkkkkkkk

Man I love these forums

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    You heard it HERE first fam: WoW’s going free to play aaaaahhhhhhahahhahhaakakakakkakkkkkkkkkk

Man I love these forums
    wow is f2p,you can download the game for free,and play it forever,no sub no expansion no money spent,ofc you wont get passed lvl 10 is it now?idk

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It's not mental fortitude, the devs are not interested in improving the game for the players, period. They are only making the game they want to play that also hooks enough whales, and if any players have fun in the process that's only a happy coincidence.
    i find it amusing and cute that you think any dev plays this game lol,if they made the game they wanted to play,it would atleast have SOME redeeming qualities,i mean myythic raiding is pretty good,but we all know for a fact there is literaly no1 at blizz that can actualy do that content