Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Lose their jobs? Again, I reiterate: the same jobs where they got

Grossly underpaid ("pay for your ambitions")
    Were worked to utter physical and mental exhaustion
    Were allegedly free game for sexual harassment and verbal abuse
    Were allegedly passed up for promotion because they didn't belong to the clique

That job? This is why I say "rip off the bandaid." You and others think that these employees need Blizzard, and to those ends, should stick around to reform it, when in reality they should hightail it out of there and find their way into studios that treat them at least marginally more like dignified human beings.

Much more so today given how many new studios have popped up in the last couple of years. All of these employees are capable of finding jobs where they'd be happier at other companies. Bliz is still a really long ways off from closing down shop though.

Can we please get more statements on diversity and inclusivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Can we please get more statements on diversity and inclusivity?
    Has literally nothing to do with any of this

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Has literally nothing to do with any of this
    it is when your brain is the equivalent of a broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I disagree. What I get out of the posts is to point out hypocrisy in many posters in this thread. You aren’t even completely absolved yourself. You infer that because that poster doesn’t act like you, that means that they weren’t assaulted while telling him that assault should be taken seriously and not ignored or trivialized. That’s EXACTLY what you are doing. You are trivializing their claim to assault because that person doesn’t act like you.
    No. I'm calling out a person who is BLATANTLY lying based on their blatant disregard for the problems the employees of Blizzard have experienced. But if you want to believe an obvious liar, that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    get help for your addiction
    I don't find having a concern for the wellbeing of others an 'addiction' ... and if it is, I don't plan on getting help for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lose their jobs? Again, I reiterate: the same jobs where they got
    Yes... so what should be happening is those issue get addressed, and support from the customer base should be behind getting them treated fairly.

If every company that screws up like this just gets thrown under the carpet, then these employees just move to another company with the same issues.

MAKING Blizzard fix this problem should be priority - not just ignoring the problem

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. I'm calling out a person who is BLATANTLY lying based on their blatant disregard for the problems the employees of Blizzard have experienced. But if you want to believe an obvious liar, that's on you.
    Prove he is a liar. Prove that he wasn’t assaulted. Better yet, prove that you were. You can’t prove either. You have to take both seriously right? How in one hand can you be so passionate about sticking up for the assaulted, but then relentlessly degrade a person who claimed to be assaulted. That is the definition of double standard and hypocrisy.

They're screwing this up by trying to steer it towards a vocal minority... PoC, Trans, non binary. The typical SJW bullshit.

No. This shit should affect EVERYONE at Blizzard who has been a victim of this monstrous shit for years. No matter what their skin colour, orientation or identification is.

They're making a huge mistake trying to steer this into a far leftist issue. You mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Amagh View Post
    They're screwing this up by trying to steer it towards a vocal minority... PoC, Trans, non binary. The typical SJW bullshit.

No. This shit should affect EVERYONE at Blizzard who has been a victim of this monstrous shit for years. No matter what their skin colour, orientation or identification is.

They're making a huge mistake trying to steer this into a far leftist issue. You mark my words.
    yeah because if we had it your guys' way there wouldn't be any talk about this stuff. ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trial is purely to determine how badly Blizzard is getting sued and how much they'll be forced to change. There might be criminal cases after but this isn't about determining whether or not they are guilty. Because they've already proved to be guilty. And the poster you speak of doesn't have a single valid point. They've been doing everything they can to trivialize the entire lawsuit and pretty much saying people should just deal with it or leave.
    Sadly there are people defending them by saying this...pretty awful to tell someone that they should leave their job if they don't like being harassed. No one should be harassed at ANY job, and it's a pretty awful thing to say that someone should accept harassment or leave their job.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Prove he is a liar. Prove that he wasn’t assaulted. Better yet, prove that you were. You can’t prove either. You have to take both seriously right? How in one hand can you be so passionate about sticking up for the assaulted, but then relentlessly degrade a person who claimed to be assaulted. That is the definition of double standard and hypocrisy.
    He has literally been spending this entire thread calling this lawsuit a sham and how they shouldn't get sued for "mean comments". Once again, if you want to believe an obvious liar then that's on you. But I'm not going to humor this with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Sadly there are people defending them by saying this...pretty awful to tell someone that they should leave their job if they don't like being harassed. No one should be harassed at ANY job, and it's a pretty awful thing to say that someone should accept harassment or leave their job.
    because it comes from a place of privilege, the privilege of never having to deal with that crap, or being the ones perpetrating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amagh View Post

can you link the part where they said "only PoC and trans, non-binary"
    go on, i'll wait. because i can give you two times they said "everyone" or "all," but not a single time they say "only"
    Last edited by Explosivo; 2021-07-29 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. But a lot of people on these forums think it's so easy to just leave and find another job. They also are condemning the people who were harassed for coming forward. Textbook victim blaming.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't find having a concern for the wellbeing of others an 'addiction' ... and if it is, I don't plan on getting help for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... so what should be happening is those issue get addressed, and support from the customer base should be behind getting them treated fairly.

If every company that screws up like this just gets thrown under the carpet, then these employees just move to another company with the same issues.

MAKING Blizzard fix this problem should be priority - not just ignoring the problem
    But there are better places. There is no reason (other than stockholm syndrome and sunk cost fallacy) to stick with Blizzard and try to salvage it. Blizzard needs its employees, not the other way around. Blizzard should sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's no need to lock into a "If you don't like then quit" stance. That's frankly dumb, unprofessional, and in a consensus environment like Blizzard's unworkable. The path to diversity isn't instant and contrary to what people are saying it doesn't necessarily involve quotas. It's about expanding opportunity for interns, recruiting in places where you may not be recruiting now, being careful about a culture in which I suspect a lot of people get their opportunities because they know someone. Since the someone's to know are primarily white men then you end up where they are.
    Those points aren't being said.

NO ONE who's worked for a company for any length of time vying for a promotion, likes a new hire taking that job (usually there's more than 2 people also looking to get that promotion, too).

The long standing grief employees have had over the decade (Glassdoor has been an interesting read about Activision-Blizzard over the years, especially the harassment CULTure) is mid-management and how exes move in "new talent".

Sometimes companies are too competitive that they hurt their own company morale. They seem to like Mike the most, but mid-managers and the workplace environment the reviews looked bad (even when Blizzard was hiring, not just firing).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

7+ Year Old Account
    I wholeheartedly agree. But a lot of people on these forums think it's so easy to just leave and find another job. They also are condemning the people who were harassed for coming forward. Textbook victim blaming.
    Yeah, it has been a little disheartening seeing people pretend as though an investigation has not already occurred, advocate for disbelieving and shaming the victims, and some even going so far as to almost make "great replacement" claims regarding pursuing a more diverse staff at Blizzard. It's disgusting.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

But there are better places.
    So you are ok with punishing victims of the crime, well that's just not how I work.

What's worse - is many people are using this crime as an excuse to dish out more hatred for something they've already made up their mind on.

Using the suffering of others to advance their own trivial dislike of WoW.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Yeah, it has been a little disheartening seeing people pretend as though an investigation has not already occurred, advocate for disbelieving and shaming the victims, and some even going so far as to almost make "great replacement" claims regarding pursuing a more diverse staff at Blizzard. It's disgusting.
    I'm willing to bet it's because it's actions they partake in themselves so if this is brought to light then they might be next as things start changing for the better. Abusers will always try to protect abusers to make sure there's no chance they'll be next.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So you are ok with punishing victims of the crime, well that's just not how I work.

What's worse - is many people are using this crime as an excuse to dish out more hatred for something they've already made up their mind on.

Using the suffering of others to advance their own trivial dislike of WoW.
    Punishing the victims.. by not having them stick around with the supposed noble goal of having to rebuild the place that victimized them and instead allowing them to find a place that does respect them a bit more..

I think it's you who might be too attached to WoW, tbh.