Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You do realise that it’s not hard when you’re in and around the entertainment industry to know things way before the ‘public’ does, right? Or maybe you do. Oh well. Adding you to my ignore list. No time to argue with people who label everything ‘woke’ as a dismissal for their inability to negotiate basics in their head.
    kekw

it's like saying that policeman should know whats happening in firefighter's life

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    kekw

it's like saying that policeman should know whats happening in firefighter's life
    It’s really not. The entertainment industry is tightly wound together. I’d worked in the film industry for almost a decade and the music dudes knew the film dudes knew the VFX dudes knew the gaming dudes. And word about ‘scandalous’ stuff got around fast.

I absolutely hate the ''Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll'' usage in this case. Groupies are a real thing and they chased those bands and musicians. This is a bunch of weird, awkward dorks who thought they finally made it, going after women who had little to no interest them, not understanding what NO means and doing it repeatedly, over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I absolutely hate the ''Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll'' usage in this case. Groupies are a real thing and they chased those bands and musicians. This is a bunch of weird, awkward dorks who thought they finally made it, going after women who had little to no interest them, not understanding what NO means and doing it repeatedly, over and over again.
    The assumption made when using that term is it’s a…wish fulfilment fantasy version of that phrase.

that's cool and all but they have dropped all charges against Bill Cosby and the court overturned his sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Disxx View Post
    As BellularGaming said, the Gaming industry more and more looks like "Sex, Drugs, RocknRoll" Even looking at old Blizzard photos from their first game making. Those were geeks, possibly socially aquitard persons. They got famous, a lot of money, and their mental problems just grew. And looks like none controlled them and this was just fostering till last week's explosion.
    This shit is beyond PG to what rock stars did. Hilariously PG. Hell, it’s hilariously PG compared to what goes on in college towns and bars in America.

I’m on the side of the accusers, but people are going wayyyyyyyyy too far with this.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-29 at 07:38 AM.

The only thing that's going to happen in the long term is that Bobby K is going to go get his bat and beat Blizzard to death. They will be deemed a business liability and the various freedoms enjoyed by Blizzard will surely be stripped away either shortly after this or in a subtle, prolonged manner. Expect massive restructuring and dilution of Blizzard teams. Activision will use this opportunity to put their people into leading positions.

Bobby K will go Negan on them. He's not Mike Morhaime.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-29 at 07:31 AM.

It’s really not. The entertainment industry is tightly wound together. I’d worked in the film industry for almost a decade and the music dudes knew the film dudes knew the VFX dudes knew the gaming dudes. And word about ‘scandalous’ stuff got around fast.
    game dev is not an entertainment industry, especially in 00's

but why then you are crying like 15 years old? if you have 1000 people in office do you expect metzen or morheim to talk to every person? KEKW
    You realise Metzen worked directly with Afrasiabi the one person whose harassment of women was so prevalent he is the only person now named in the lawsuit? Afrasiabi, the man who was directly let go by blizzard because blizzard had found he had acted inappropriately in another as yet undisclosed matter.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    This shit is beyond PG to what rock stars did. Hilariously PG. Hell, it’s hilariously PG compared to what goes on in college towns and bars in America.

I’m on the side of the accusers, but people are going too far with this.
    Few things, since I’ll humour you briefly.

1. When there’s this much chaos surrounding a situation, it’s naive to assume people are going to just drown out noise. Especially news agencies. It is part their mandate to get the word out so to speak, but also part their mandate to sell the word and drive revenue through that. It’s why it’s worthwhile taking anything they say with a pinch of salt.

2. However, here’s the 2nd thing. As far as the court docs go and even the chatter about the ‘Cosby suite’ is concerned, the name persisted for years later too. So if the people involved were so concerned about not being associated with Cosby post 2014, they sure didn’t show it.

3. Regardless of the first two points, a lot of heinous shit has clearly happened. So I’m sure the entire case isn’t driven by the naming of a hotel room after a creep. It goes far far deeper. This is just the ‘juicy story’ element of it all.

So how ‘far’ it goes is irrelevant. Because what’s key here is not indicting Afrasiabi or any ‘co conspirators’. It’s about driven structural and fundamental change at Blizzard. That’s what the employees want and what the DFEH is suing for. It’s a civil case not a criminal one.

‘Kekwwwww mrrrnnngg’. Yeah it is. By the 2000s, people were cross pollinating socially and professionally. And regardless, the naming of the suite isn’t even the issue. So if you’re living in some dream world where you think the Cherry is the Cake, it’s not. Grow up. There’s more to the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ridiculous. Just due to voice-acting alone it has always been a part of the entertainment industry. Never mind art, animation and music which also share DNA and personnel with movies and television. The industry in Hollywood is much smaller than people realize. Word gets around. I don't know where you even start to get this. Adult actress Ginger Lynn (now Ginger Lynn Allen) was a major character in the Wing Commander series of games. This was in the 1990s. So was Mark Hamill in Wing Commander III and IV (also 1990s). It's never stopped since then.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-29 at 07:38 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Software developers are not nearly the same thing as Hollywood.

One is an office worker doing a job. The other is actually in the entertainment business.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's ridiculous. Just due to voice-acting alone it has always been a part of the entertainment industry. Never mind art, animation and music which also share DNA and personnel with movies and television. The industry in Hollywood is much smaller than people realize. Word gets around. I don't know where you even start to get this. Adult actress Ginger Lynn (now Ginger Lynn Allen) was a major character in the Wing Commander series of games. This was in the 1990s. So was Mark Hamill in Wing Commander III and IV (also 1990s). It's never stopped since then.
    I’m sure his response will be something intelligent and well thought out like ‘kekw’.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post

One is an office worker doing a job. The other is actually in the entertainment business.
    Again, you do realise that WORD gets around fast as fuck. But yeah explaining this is clearly hard.

No one is implying the devs or higher ups at Blizzard were at pool parties with Tom Cruise. But if you think even ‘office’ workers in VFX or Sound etc don’t hear about Hollywood scandals before the public does, you’re living on cloud 9.

The people who make the software and the people that handle the actors probably never interact, so it's not entirely honest to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you do realise that WORD gets around fast as fuck. But yeah explaining this is clearly hard.
    I understand that, but I say it's dishonest to expect employees of a software developer to be that in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post

Given at one point Metzen was doing enough coke in the office to make Don Henly and Stevie Nicks blush they might be a bit closer than you think.

Besides your argument makes no sesnse. Do Hollywood lawyers and Hollywood accountants not work in the entertainment industry because they work in an office?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

It’s still a reach to think people who were overlapping were openly gossiping about Cosby, of all things, when it wasn’t relevant at all until 2014.

This is also pre-Me too, where this stuff got dismissed more easily.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for them to have heard whispers, but it’s 100% plausible, even very likely, they didn’t know what we know now.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-07-29 at 07:57 AM.

It's not and at the same time, it is. Games are entertainment and you need the same mindset as any other entertainment type. Otherwise, you will have games which will be boring. But at the same time, for the gaming industry, you need countless people to make those games. You need coders, designers, IT support, HR, Story tellers, etc... Pretty much what you need for a regular IT company. The problem here most likely is that management failed miserably, and management for Blizzard looks like consisted only of those who were from Blizzard's first days, guys who were looked at and most likely felt like Rock Stars, They needed people from the corporate world to co overlook Blizzard and cool these guys off. You need from both worlds to make great games. You can't have hot-headed guys run the company in the same manner as they were running it from the first days when they only had like 15 guys in the group. Gaming is/used to be like Rock Band, just with additional 1000s employees.

This is just the ‘juicy story’ element of it all.
    That's the thing tho. It's just an online angry mob circlejerking over every little thing they can, often including a lot of assumptions made with little to no thought, only to jugde people they know nothing about to get high on outrage and feel morally superior.

Can I definitely say that what their thoughts and knowledge regarding Cosby and what their joke was really about? Of course not. But similarly enough I can't say the other way either. It just doesn't seem the most likely explanation that they were all basically a proud rapist-worshipping cult that wasn't afraid to out themselves to friends and family on Facebook.

Ok, but do you actually know of any contacts people at Blizzard had in Hollywood at the time? And were those contacts aware of it, or are you assuming absolutely everyone even remotely involved in Hollywood knew?

Is it possible they knew? Sure. But it's silly to assume they definitely knew. Do be aware that you are discrediting one of the alleged victims by insisting everyone definitely knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    That's the thing tho. It's just an online angry mob circlejerking over every little thing they can, often including a lot of assumptions made with little to no thought, only to jugde people they know nothing about to get high on outrage and feel morally superior.

Can I definitely say that what their thoughts and knowledge regarding Cosby and what their joke was really about? Of course not. But similarly enough I can't say the other way either. It just doesn't seem the most likely explanation that they were all basically a proud rapist-worshipping cult that wasn't afraid to out themselves to friends and family on Facebook.

Ok, but do you actually know of any contacts people at Blizzard had in Hollywood at the time? And were those contacts aware of it, or are you assuming absolutely everyone even remotely involved in Hollywood knew?

Is it possible they knew? Sure. But it's silly to assume they definitely knew. Do be aware that you are discrediting one of the alleged victims by insisting they definitely knew.
    Firstly, if you read my post I said it’s irrelevant as to what the intent of the name of the suite was. I was humouring the discussion. Because Afrasiabi is not the only culprit. He’s the only named culprit. So even if he called this room, ‘the Blizzard Den of Sodomy’, it wouldn’t be the be all end all.

Secondly, I couldn’t give a fuck about what mob is doing what. They’re also irrelevant. What’s vital is two things - structural change at Blizzard and supporting the victims. That’s it. The rest is just faff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    It just doesn't seem the most likely explanation that they were all basically a proud rapist-worshipping cult that wasn't afraid to out themselves to friends and family on Facebook.
    Based on what's come out, it clearly does seem that way. And it's not too surprising either. There's a lot of people like that in the world.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.