Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Do you think born-women talk about dicks? Like that's EVERYTHING in the world to them TO talk about when together?

HINT: We don't. Frankly, we'd careless.
    You don’t speak for all, or any women sunshine. You speak for yourself. You have done it all over this thread, stop it. It’s embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Errm..sorry but you compared 2 totally different field of work, company and basically everything? Wow...Guess what..I earn more money with 40 hours physical work than a junior school teacher with 50 hours....what now?
    You're not understanding the context of the conversation. The OP made a throwaway comment of 'men work more on weekends than women do so men = better'. Which is really not true. I gave him personal evidence of how I work less than my wife does. It was a purposeful generalisation, since he did the same. Because the point is, that it's really easy to just say 'hey here's a bit of information that can be manipulated to my heart's desire'.

Do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    do you expect me to read 3 pages if maybe you answered?))))

maybe they heard) maybe the don't)

you just trying to tell me that mythical sound workers who should be in b. office somehow was wondering around hollywood because reason just to spread rumors

and then you are implying they went to devs and spread rumors and then horny dev said "ok, it's funny I'll name our boy club after sexual predator"

or maybe everything was simple someone liked cosby and the name started)))

if you hear hooves think horses not zebras you know
    So basically you're just chatting shit. At least that bit is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    3. The notion of overtime is actually irrelevant. Because if I to work overtime, I wouldn't get paid more either.
    Move to another country. What kind of a 3rd world shithole is that?

You're not understanding the context of the conversation. The OP made a throwaway comment of 'men work more on weekends than women do so men = better'. Which is really not true. I gave him personal evidence of how I work less than my wife does. It was a purposeful generalisation, since he did the same. Because the point is, that it's really easy to just say 'hey here's a bit of information that can be manipulated to my heart's desire'.

Do you get it?

So basically you're just chatting shit. At least that bit is confirmed.
    Hold on, the person you quoted never said men were better. If you want to quote someone, quote them. Don’t paraphrase and twist so that your anecdotal evidence fits your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    You don’t speak for all, or any women sunshine. You speak for yourself. You have done it all over this thread, stop it. It’s embarrassing.
    For starters, the person Kevyne-Shandris was responding to made a generalisation saying 'men talk about tits/ass, women talk about dicks'.

So if you want to say 'you don't speak for all men/women' go to the OP. If you don't, you're just being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Can I ask what country you live in? Just out of curiosity.

And again, the fact that you think that everyone who works extra hours gets paid overtime is laughable. Like properly laughable.

Hold on, the person you quoted never said men were better. If you want to quote someone, quote them. Don’t paraphrase and twist so that your anecdotal evidence fits your agenda.
    You should read their entire posting history, and their entire agenda is to imply that men are better than women.

*snip *
    I have seen one twitter user accusing Morhaime of ignoring her request for help and potentially being involved with the retaliation that was later taken against her, but no further evidence or articles on it.

Josh Allen's tweet personally I think can both be because he knew Mike knew, or because he (like nearly everyone else on twitter) is assuming he must have known.

What is the firm evidence? I've only seen the lawsuit document and allegations on twitter.

That's all he does I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I have seen one twitter user accusing Morhaime of ignoring her request for help, but no further evidence or articles on it.

Josh Allen's tweet personally I think can both be because he knew Mike knew, or because he (like nearly everyone else on twitter) is assuming he must have known.

What is the firm evidence? I've only seen the lawsuit document and allegations on twitter.
    He knew Mike knew. There's multiple people corroborating that Mike was CC'd into complaints and did nothing.

RE: firm evidence on Afrasiabi, Blizzard said they conducted their own investigation and fired him off the back of it.

That's all he does I'm afraid.
    It's laughable coming from the guy who said 'I can be a creep as long as no one says anything about it'.

Red Flag 101.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because decent human beings want other human beings to not have to deal with harassment and shitty behaviour in the workplace. It's not hard to fucking understand.

But no, as soon as anyone want things to be better, they get labelled 'woke'. As soon as somebody thinks a company is doing something shitty and won't support them, it's 'cancel culture'.
    I certainly don't want to deal with shitty environment in the workplace, and I find this lawsuit fully justified considering the amount of damning reports showing there was a whole culture of being a predatory asshole in the company.

But then I see the line about "especially women of color, trangender, nonbinary" and so on, and it certainly feels like the initial problem has been hijacked for political points toward something that has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I certainly don't want to deal with shitty environment in the workplace, and I find this lawsuit fully justified considering the amount of damning reports showing there was a whole culture of being a predatory asshole in the company.

But then I see the line about "especially women of color, trangender, nonbinary" and so on, and it certainly feels like the initial problem has been hijacked for political points toward something that has nothing to do with it.
    It's a stretch to say it's been hijacked, but you have to understand there will be a certain amount of optics behind this case as well.

It's the State of California vs Activision Blizzard. It's a huge fish. Is that right? No. Does it happen all the time? Yes. That's the legal world.

Look at Fran Townsend's response. It was a shitshow of denial, because that's how the game is played.

He knew Mike knew. There's multiple people corroborating that Mike was CC'd into complaints and did nothing.

RE: firm evidence on Afrasiabi, Blizzard said they conducted their own investigation and fired him off the back of it.
    So then was the problem Blizzard or Mike?

Doesn't that corroborate the idea that possibly other cases were just not conclusive or there was not enough evidence to be able to act on it?

And again, the fact that you think that everyone who works extra hours gets paid overtime is laughable. Like properly laughable.
    I live in Finland.

1. In here the employee must agree to overtime, everytime it comes up. No one can force them.
    2. The only way we're not getting paid for overtime is, again, that we agree to no pay for those hours. No one can force it upon us.

Don't sign a contract if you're not happy with it?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-07-29 at 08:56 AM.

For starters, the person Kevyne-Shandris was responding to made a generalisation saying 'men talk about tits/ass, women talk about dicks'.

So if you want to say 'you don't speak for all men/women' go to the OP. If you don't, you're just being a hypocrite.

You should read their entire posting history, and their entire agenda is to imply that men are better than women.

Just replying to my sections.

I don’t care what others have done, the person I quoted does not speak for anyone. The exact same way I don’t speak for men. The exact same way your anecdotal evidence does not speak for everyone. You see how that works?

How you interpret something is your problem, what you quoted did not say men were better. If you saw that, that’s your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    So then was the problem Blizzard or Mike?

Doesn't that corroborate the idea that possibly other cases were just not conclusive or there was not enough evidence to be able to act on it?
    It was a structural/cultural problem at Blizzard. Mike was just part of the issue. It doesn't corroborate the idea that there was flaws in the cases or lack of evidence. It corroborates the idea that Blizzard like many other companies, had a cultural issue, where they found it difficult to actually act on such cases. Because it would mean throwing the apple cart over, and weeding out the bad apples. Sometimes these bad apples can be profitable elements of a company and/or part of their clique. So then it's perceived as hard to then do a cleanup. TLDR, it's a fucked up scenario.

No one on a salary gets paid overtime unless it is so extreme that payment is required by law. That's literally the point of a salary, it's fixed restitution regardless of hours worked compensated by a higher base value (still to the company's favour).

Employers know it's cheaper to hire an accountant at 70k salary than it would be to hire them at a 50k wage when they know they'd be paying through the nose for overtime come tax season. Why do you think no one gets paid a wage in white-collar jobs?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

I live in Finland.

1. In here the employee must agree to overtime, everytime it comes up. No one can force them.
    2. The only way we're not getting paid for overtime is, again, that we agree to no pay for those hours. No one can force it upon us.

Don't sign a contract if you're not happy with it?
    You can live on Mars, and I'll tell you straight up, there's nowhere in the universe that every industry applies this principle.

There's always wiggle room. Always.

Just replying to my sections.

I don’t care what others have done, the person I quoted does not speak for anyone. The exact same way I don’t speak for men. The exact same way your anecdotal evidence does not speak for everyone. You see how that works?

How you interpret something is your problem, what you quoted did not say men were better. If you saw that, that’s your problem.
    Well based on your logic that the person you quoted doesn't speak for anyone, I can easily just ignore what you're saying.

Your principle of 'only go on what people say and not what they apply' only works for you and no one else. Since you don't speak for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    No one on a salary gets paid overtime unless it is so extreme that payment is required by law. That's literally the point of a salary, it's fixed restitution regardless of hours worked compensated by a higher base value (still to the company's favour).

Employers know it's cheaper to hire an accountant at 70k salary than it would be to hire them at a 50k wage when they know they'd be paying through the nose for overtime come tax season. Why do you think no one gets paid a wage in white-collar jobs?
    I'm telling you, man. This dude is like 12 and thinks that you get a fair day's wage for a fair day's work and such cliches.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-07-29 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooshie View Post
    Yeah well my chat with my gf is filled with dirty pics and comments like I'd like to eat your ass with a whipped cream but that's two consensual adults doing their thing. Group chats are completely different.
    Of course, my point is that a casual group chat is not evidence in itself. Even the most heinous things could really be just jokes. It takes a lot of context to know which part is joke and which part isn't. There are a lot of jokes in my guild's Discord. Some of them make me laugh, some make me cringe.
    It's a stretch to say it's been hijacked, but you have to understand there will be a certain amount of optics behind this case as well.
    The initial problem is clearly about sexual harassment and possibly pressure from the high-up to keep people in line, or at the very least lack of support.
    I really wonder what "black, transgender and nonbinary" have to do with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I don't care what face you put out to the public, I'm talking about your private conversations.
    And I'm telling you that I have nothing to hide. Believe what you like.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Of course, my point is that a casual group chat is not evidence in itself. Even the most heinous things could really be just jokes. It takes a lot of context to know which part is joke and which part isn't. There are a lot of jokes in my guild's Discord. Some of them make me laugh, some make me cringe.

The initial problem is clearly about sexual harassment and possibly pressure from the high-up to keep people in line, or at the very least lack of support.
    I really wonder what "black, transgender and nonbinary" have to do with that.
    It's possible that there were instances of pay discrimination and/or gender/racial discrimination.

You can live on Mars, and I'll tell you straight up, there's nowhere in the universe that every industry applies this principle.

There's always wiggle room. Always.
    We have this on the books. It's not a principle, it's law, across the board.

Boss asks me to do overtime - I ask do I get paid for it - He says no - I say nah, Imma head home.
    The same thing when signing a contract. If i don't like it, I won't sign it. I can't bitch afterward if I did.