Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What else would the room be referring to? Getting drunk and watching Ghost Dad?
    Are they stupid and bold enough to call their "handsy rapey room" after an alleged rapist? Could be, I somehow doubt it, but it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I don't understand - isn't Ghostcrawler contradicting himself? In his riot post, he says the cosby suite was called that based on a fleamarket portrait. Then in his other tweet, he says it was based off of a rug??

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am not sure why people think blizzard is "woke" from Blizzchung to how Bobby is a big GOP donor and the fact that a lot of the executives are made up of former republican administration employee including the Bush torture lady. It's pretty obvious that most of what Blizzard does is virtue signaling they never do anything concrete on the issues, it's been that way since forever.
    Blizzard wouldn't let them call people the N word so they are obviously woke.

Oh and put a British lesbian on the cover of a game.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Are they stupid and bold enough to call their "handsy rapey room" after an alleged rapist? Could be, I somehow doubt it, but it could be.
    Yes, and why not? They were correct in assuming there'd be no consequences then, and for another 7 years.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Enough with the 'bad faith' bullshit. You're just flaming here. No-one is doing what you are suggesting.
    Who's arguing in bad faith? I'm not arguing in bad faith, I never said anyone was arguing in bad faith. Literally, no one in this thread is arguing in bad faith.

EDIT
    Look I'm not saying nobody argues in bad faith, I think those few bad apples should be singled out and punished. I'm just saying I've not seen any damning evidence of a culture of bad faith argumentation.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-07-29 at 02:09 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Yeah, that picture with the Bill Cosby poster says enough.

That said, I don’t get all the fuss regarding the message “I’m going to gather hot chicks” or whatever. So many pretentious saints answering that tweet, it’s ridiculous. I guess those saints have never been to Ibiza, Mallorca, Gili Islands, etc. You know, the places people go to gather hot chicks/dudes and have LOADS of sex whilst intoxicated to the gills.

Now, I’m not defending these dirty farts because from what I understand, it wasn’t consensual in most cases. That said, I have experience plenty of office-parties in my youth that went semi-orgy and believe it or not, these orgies were usually started by one or two female colleagues.

Anyway, I was looking forward to playing Diablo 4, but now I don’t really want to support this shit company.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand - isn't Ghostcrawler contradicting himself? In his riot post, he says the cosby suite was called that based on a fleamarket portrait. Then in his other tweet, he says it was based off of a rug??
    The way I understand is that it wasn't the first Cosby suite, so they had some previous Cosby suite (possibly with a rug) and thought it so funny that they bought a cheap portrait of Cosby. That also means that even if it might have been named for the rug at some point in time I don't see why they named the new suite Cosby suite based on the rug in the previous suite (although in-joke might be weird); there must have been something else happening in the Cosby suite.

I'm not confident that this was exactly what happened; but at least that story would make sense.

Having a vague recollection after that time makes sense, it's a lot weirder with the ones that say 'Oh during that drunken night about a decade ago I meant exactly this with my tweet, but I don't recall anything untoward against women during my entire time at Blizzard'.
    At least he didn't say that it was based on https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al...l-cosby-suite/ (the music is bad; IMO).

Now you might say that this naming is irrelevant compared to the law-suit (that to a large extend deals with pay discrimination - not sexual assaults).
    However, having Cosby suites at multiple conferences indicates a pattern - and not just one single bad instance; that makes it worse; and also make it clearer that management let it slide. There was also the claim that the previous conference was GDC - which seems more like an industry event with less fans attending (and more job applicants than pure fans).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-07-29 at 02:22 PM.

Don't mind me, just tossing more stuff on the pile.

https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1420581827698302980
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

I hope someone is looking through all those videos to see if there's something more.
    Note that this predates Alex work at the company.

The start is only shirt-less guys, games that aren't as good as sex.

It certainly sets the non-professional frat-boy tone of only hiring gamers, and it even says it was a work environment that was thankfully more like a frat house than a business (6.00-6.10); so that part has long roots.

BTW: reason #9 to work at blizzard, "they don't care if you are married to your sister", #2 "the men of blizzard calendar" (ewww).
    Last edited by Forogil; 2021-07-30 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I hope someone is looking through all those videos to see if there's something more.
    Note that this predates Alex work at the company.

The start is only shirt-less guys, games that aren't as good as sex.

It certainly sets the non-professional frat-boy tone of only hiring gamers, and it even says it was a work environment that was thankfully more like a frat house than a business (6.00-6.10); so that part has long roots.
    It's not news that start up game studios were staffed by mostly men of a certain age back in the 80s and 90s or even 00s. That's just how it was. It's not unique to Blizzard. And it's also not unexpected that young, geeky, awkward Men will have done some frankly weird and strange things over the years in pursuit of office or outside of office entertainment. Again that's just part of the industry at that time.

Now of course, sexual intimidation, discrimination and abuse is a whole different matter and there is never an excuse for that. At all. But I think we need to be careful we don't start throwing 10-20 years of an entire industry onto a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    It's not news that start up game studios were staffed by mostly men of a certain age back in the 80s and 90s or even 00s. That's just how it was. It's not unique to Blizzard. And it's also not unexpected that young, geeky, awkward Men will have done some frankly weird and strange things over the years in pursuit of office or outside of office entertainment. Again that's just part of the industry at that time.

Now of course, sexual intimidation, discrimination and abuse is a whole different matter and there is never an excuse for that. At all. But I think we need to be careful we don't start throwing 10-20 years of an entire industry onto a fire.
    A long time ago, Molly Ivins was describing an argument she had had with someone over the events around Haditha, and she realized they had gotten to an insane part of the argument where they were both saying, "You don't understand, that's what happens in war!"

In this case, it's: That's just the culture. What many of us are trying to say is that there is a direct line between the two--in other words, "the sexual intimidation, discrimination, and abuse" is inextricably bound to the culture, and very much NOT "a whole different matter."
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    It's not news that start up game studios were staffed by mostly men of a certain age back in the 80s and 90s or even 00s. That's just how it was.
    True, but the video suggests that it was still very much their spirit after 10 years, in 2001 (right?), when they made it.

And the law-suit suggest that they still kept that spirit at least until 2013; and that also seems consistent with their recruitment messages - but they have changed their messaging the last couple of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    A long time ago, Molly Ivins was describing an argument she had had with someone over the events around Haditha, and she realized they had gotten to an insane part of the argument where they were both saying, "You don't understand, that's what happens in war!"

In this case, it's: That's just the culture. What many of us are trying to say is that there is a direct line between the two--in other words, "the sexual intimidation, discrimination, and abuse" is inextricably bound to the culture, and very much NOT "a whole different matter."
    Also, the implication that it's much the same at other studios of the time.

Yeah, and? That means they were all filled with misogynistic fuckwits, too, who should be facing similar scrutiny.

The conclusion you should be drawing from those kinds of arguments is that they're all bad and should be facing legal penalties accordingly, not that this is some norm that should be accepted as just normal work conduct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post

It tells that culture is the problem when GC is himself saying he should have spotted it and called it out. It was, and it seems still is, so pervasive in the culture that it doesn’t stand out as abhorrent, and people aren’t comfortable calling it out and reporting it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Eh I can pass on the shirtless guy (maybe I just don't know the context) but those other two are.... not good. ESPECIALLY the one about "girls will be seen with you even if you aren't holding a dollar."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    What's the point of arguing about something so mundane and irrelevant then? How and why they nicknamed the room after Cosby is just a distraction from all of the sexual harassment they covered up for almost a decade.
    Speaking for myself

Thats not even what I am arguing. I'm just not willing to say everyone is at fault without some proof they knew/approved/did it. Obviously something happened. Lets have the info come out and see who is to blame and who isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well, maybe then state a fact not a myth.
    That's because in reality, moss can grow just about anywhere. Although it is most likely to grow on the north side of trees, rocks and other surfaces, it doesn't grow there exclusively, according to Michigan State University Extension.

https://www.reconnectwithnature.org/...row-north-side

notice I don't say only.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

man idk it all sounds as if their hiring process is a couch casting as the first step.

Blizzard has 4700+ employees. Are they all in two camps? Shitlords and victims?

Was the first thing in the morning a weener to your face as a greeting for all these years?

I don't see why I should demonize the whole company. Some socially inept man children who used to be good developers, promoted themselves to higher positions and turned out to be human turds. Sure, it sucks that many of them were/are in leadership positions, but honestly it's not them who make Blizzard who they are. It's the mass of regular employees. The UX Designers, the Visual Artists, the Developers, etc.

So I don't get the hate against "Blizzard". Focus on the perpetrators, fire and replace them, move on.

So Ghostcrawler feigned ignorance and never chimed in about the details regarding the Cosby Suite until images of him talking about it surfaced on reddit? Then he was like "oh yes I knew it existed". Nice! Oh and then he tries to tell us he knew nothing about sexual harassment.....

UH HUH
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    man idk it all sounds as if their hiring process is a couch casting as the first step.

Blizzard has 4700+ employees. Are they all in two camps? Shitlords and victims?

Was the first thing in the morning a weener to your face as a greeting for all these years?

I don't see why I should demonize the whole company. Some socially inept man children who used to be good developers, promoted themselves to higher positions and turned out to be human turds. Sure, it sucks that many of them were/are in leadership positions, but honestly it's not them who make Blizzard who they are. It's the mass of regular employees. The UX Designers, the Visual Artists, the Developers, etc.

So I don't get the hate against "Blizzard". Focus on the perpetrators, fire and replace them, move on.
    At the end of the day, if Blizzard was sold off, the employees wouldn't get the money, upper management and shareholders would.

If that same upper management was aware of all of this horrible shit and tried to hide it from the public and their shareholders to continue to make money and save face, then you blame the company.

You don't tie the employees, who have absolutely no power and no real stake in a company, around the main campus building as a shield and cry "don't shoot! Think of the employeeeeees!" when they are the ones being abused in the first place.