Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    You realize there is ample opportunity in a film to have "scenes of pointless improv" without ever seeing a hint of it in the trailer, right?
    At least you can't tell by the trailer that the movie will be shit this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it could be interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

After seeing this, I am pretty interested. The ghosts in this look pretty spooky and we have some returns of some familiar monsters... And its good to see one that doesn't have neon splooge over it like Ghostbusters (2016) had. :P

also looking back at my old title when this movie was subbed to be released in 2020... man what a long two years since the teaser its been lol
    Sounds a lot better then the ladies flop, that i didn't even bottered watching.

So sad the guy that portraited Egon passed away, they could have done a real sequel.

Oh yeah my bad. I forgot we're all supposed to hate that all-female trash movie and applaud the move to completely ignore its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Sounds a lot better then the ladies flop, that i didn't even bottered watching.

So sad the guy that portraited Egon passed away, they could have done a real sequel.
    Technically, the video game is the third sequel.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually looking forward to Afterlife. 2016 was poor because it attempted to recreate a kind of magic that is very difficult to replicate. This actually is more representative of what I'd like to see in reboots of films. It's a drama rather than a comedy and pays respects to the original films by even referencing characters.

Kids using the Ghostbusters gear.... please Hollywood, stop ruining classic movies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Kids using the Ghostbusters gear.... please Hollywood, stop ruining classic movies.
    If it was up to me, i'd get dave chappelle, bill burr, ricky gervais, tim dillon, tina fey n amy phoeler

This franchise needs funny people, i don't dislike ant man but the funniest guy there was michael pena...

But maybe this kids stuff would work..not what i'd choose..

Looks like movie got pushed back a week..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    How does this film in any way take away from the original? It isn't as if the original isn't going to exist anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to Afterlife. 2016 was poor because it attempted to recreate a kind of magic that is very difficult to replicate. This actually is more representative of what I'd like to see in reboots of films. It's a drama rather than a comedy and pays respects to the original films by even referencing characters.
    I thought Ghostbuster 2016 was damn good, I think it has problems that stemmed from the fact people waited sooooo long for another ghostbusters and were disappointed with the realities to the fact it was never going to be the original cast anyways for a variety of reasons.

My problem with it is that the 2016 kind of strayed away from formula of the first 2, which was a comedy but a little more drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    If it was up to me, i'd get dave chappelle, bill burr, ricky gervais, tim dillon, tina fey n amy phoeler

This franchise needs funny people, i don't dislike ant man but the funniest guy there was michael pena...

But maybe this kids stuff would work..not what i'd choose..

Looks like movie got pushed back a week..
    They went with kids for the same reason they went with all females last time. "Marketing" they have to rely on banking younger audiences that might be their later on. People old enough to have seen the Original in theaters not so much.

Star Trek, Star Wars etc it's not going to be for audience that has already seen it as much as it will be for those they can get back later.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Sound sick, but i think they will spoil everyting with casting

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I thought Ghostbuster 2016 was damn good, I think it has problems that stemmed from the fact people waited sooooo long for another ghostbusters and were disappointed with the realities to the fact it was never going to be the original cast anyways for a variety of reasons.

My problem with it is that the 2016 kind of strayed away from formula of the first 2, which was a comedy but a little more drama.
    My problem with GB 2016 was that instead of going for a light horror movie with some dry with humour, they went with full on slapstick comedy, with about 75% of the humour (and plot progression) being "someone says/does something dumb" and the rest being people falling over, being slimed or awkwardly dragging out something.

It could easily have been a straight to DVD Scooby doo movie. Having the cast be female had nothing to do with the terrible writing or tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    My problem with GB 2016 was that instead of going for a light horror movie with some dry with humour, they went with full on slapstick comedy, with about 75% of the humour (and plot progression) being "someone says/does something dumb" and the rest being people falling over, being slimed or awkwardly dragging out something.

It could easily have been a straight to DVD Scooby doo movie. Having the cast be female had nothing to do with the terrible writing or tone.
    It was a 100% studio driven movie with no soul or artistic intent behind it. The all female cast was purely done to appeal to certain demographics and hopefully sell more tickets, which is honestly kind of an insult to the actresses to begin with. So while the writing wasn't bad because of the cast, both the writing and the cast were made with the same mindset.

I think it's important that people voice their dislike for these sort of stunts, so that the old farts who think they're outsmarting the audience may someday at least think twice about it. But it's also very important to specify what is wrong with the movie, and not fall into "there are women, so it's a bad movie" arguments.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It was a 100% studio driven movie with no soul or artistic intent behind it. The all female cast was purely done to appeal to certain demographics and hopefully sell more tickets, which is honestly kind of an insult to the actresses to begin with. So while the writing wasn't bad because of the cast, both the writing and the cast were made with the same mindset.

I think it's important that people voice their dislike for these sort of stunts, so that the old farts who think they're outsmarting the audience may someday at least think twice about it. But it's also very important to specify what is wrong with the movie, and not fall into "there are women, so it's a bad movie" arguments.
    I mean if you look at the cast of the 2016 movie they are all really talented and funny... but yeah for whatever reason it just didn't work in that setting. even the best actors/actresses can't make gold out of a turd

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That's honestly the thing I hate most about it. The actors did their best with the garbage they were given. The only character who actually seemed well written was Kate McKinnon's character. the rest were just lazy tropes. "Sassy black woman" "Neurotic university teacher" "Dumb handsome blonde"

But "It was bad because women" is what gets thrown around :/

ghostbusters with female cast - didnt work
    ghostbusters with kids aint gonna work - are they trying to tag on to Stranger Things, themes ?
    it was good, now it aint, they just desperate to reboot the franchise

5+ Year Old Account
    I just thought of something, chappelle as the ghost of rick james!

10+ Year Old Account

This video brings up a good discussion. The first movie really was lightening in a bottle that has failed to be recreated at every turn. They need to lean more into the horror. That library scene in the first movie as mentioned in the video is what stayed with me when I was a kid. That moment haunted me into adulthood and still today is just terrifying.

I was thinking of choices for recreating a direction for the franchise to recreate that magic.

James Wan would be an awesome choice. Try having the atmosphere and the imagery of The Conjuring movies (the first two), with sprinkles of that Ghostbusters improvised comedy. It could work. But you might need a second direction to bring in that comedy element. Maybe a Rami or something who tends to lean into that awkwardness.

But I am not sure if I wanna see Ghostbuster constantly experimented on like an autopsy on how to recreate the magic of the first one, with every sequel they do. Just leave the franchise alone I say. Instead come up with another movie franchise that tries to recreate that sense of comedy and horror.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-09-20 at 09:55 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Little girl...operating an unlicensed nuclear accelerator...nothing wrong there.