Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People see what they want to see. As much as possible it's not a bad thing to keep a grasp on reality and remind others that they may not be receiving the whole picture through the filters in their echo chambers. That applies up and down the political spectrum and is one reason why centrists are despised by both sides.
    Bingo, it’s why when some dude was like, ‘surely you’ll be happy when stuff you hate gets cancelled’. I’m like no, not if it’s without reason! Then it’s just hiding from shit that’s uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Your signature should be the only explanation the person you're responding to needs.
    Everyone in this thread needs a healthy dose of that.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Oh yeah rug were lookin like sweater of billcoz. What a silly explanation rofl XD My dear Greg would be better to not explain anythin.
    It's less silly then people thinking it was a reference to a lawsuit that wouldn't become public for MONTHS

I hope victims get justice and huge financial compensation (that will hit Bobby) but quitting WoW or boycotting other games because of current situation makes no sense. I don't see people stop using Amazon, Apple and other way worst companies or throwing away all their tech because the chipsets were made in the Foxconn City, and what's happening in that place makes ActiBli$$ looks like Hello Kitty's Garden Party. Quitting WoW is an equivalent of protesting against animal testing and later going to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lol, they'll all be fine.

Twatter's reaction to anything isn't very indicative of what actually goes down in the real world once the dust settles.

Let the mob mob themselves into exhaustion, same as with the Hong Kong debacle. Then things continue as usual, although hopefully with the company making good on promises to their employees.
    i trully hope so

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    J needs to resign and they need to promote or hire a woman into the position who can clean up their act, and it would probably be great for WoW and their other games as well.
    I find it very interesting how people think you can solve sexism with more sexism. Same goes for racism. Only solvable with more racism..

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Depends on the company, depends on the message.

If you're talking about appealing to social justice overall, then I agree. But overall, these companies still choose what they wish to support, and do not have to be shy about it. Look at Chick-fil-A. Despite all the negativity surrounding their choice to promote right wing politics (donations to anti-gay charities) it's still the 3rd largest fast food chain in the US.

And yes, Chick-fil-A has changed their stance, but the point being that all the criticism and negativite press they garnered didn't actually hurt their business all that much

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/5...obia-dan-cathy
    "Boycotts and negative press haven’t exactly been bad for business, but the company is still changing its giving approach."
    Certainly depends on company, chick is very special cause its not even publicly traded which gives them a lot more freedom to act out of norm. That said i think all the big corps fall under the yoke because they all publicly traded and benefit immensely from a higher rating so they cant justify going against it to investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    I find it very interesting how people think you can solve sexism with more sexism. Same goes for racism. Only solvable with more racism..
    The person with the worst response from Blizzard is ironically the new woman executive that dismissed everything. Just putting someone with a vagina in charge doesn't change anything. It's honestly sad people are so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People see what they want to see. As much as possible it's not a bad thing to keep a grasp on reality and remind others that they may not be receiving the whole picture through the filters in their echo chambers. That applies up and down the political spectrum and is one reason why centrists are despised by both sides.
    Centrists are despised by both sides? Is this a US perspective? Understandable if so. From a European point of view, far less so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Centrists are despised by both sides? Is this a US perspective? Understandable if so. From a European point of view, far less so.
    Yeah. Even on this site, I've been called alt right/nazi despite me being a left of center liberal. It's pretty funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, U.S. here. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah. Even on this site, I've been called alt right/nazi despite me being a left of center liberal. It's pretty funny
    The further to one side someone goes, the further left/right the center looks. People abandon rationality and discourse in favor of belonging to the 'correct' group.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The person with the worst response from Blizzard is ironically the new woman executive that dismissed everything. Just putting someone with a vagina in charge doesn't change anything. It's honestly sad people are so naive.
    Without making a judgement on political spectrum values, Ms. Townsend was a member of the Trump Administration, was in line at one point to be FBI director if I'm not mistaken. Kotick hired her after the election. I see her original letter not in terms of gender but more in terms of the standard D.C. response to problems. It affects both Dems and Republicans. It was tone deaf in the extreme as it showed not the slightest knowledge of gamers or the history of gaming and gamers over the last few years. Quite frankly, if Kotick had hired a male to be in that position who had just come out of D.C. it wouldn't have been all that different.

That's one reason why Kotick needs to have people that have worked with and in the gaming industry itself. He's not a very good ambassador to his customers so he needs to have staff that know the (t)ropes and understand what has gone on, how the industry as a whole has been and all the rest.

But I'm fairly convinced that Ms. Townsend dashed off a reflexive response that more reflects her time in D.C. than anything useful. Tone-deaf: indeed.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-07-29 at 06:27 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Sorry, we'll do better, and apologies are just empty words with no value with regards to this.

If GC, or the others want to REALLY appear sincere in their apology.... they'll turn state witness against the others, and give the state the missing bits of evidence. If they aren't willing to testify against one another... then their words are literally as worthless as a mafia boss "i don't recall" when talking to the feds.

Apologies are cheap.... testimonies and turning witness? That's REAL contrition with actual value
    Picture is trash. Who confuses an elbow with a head and a foot and leg with a hand and knife?

I would say it extends beyond politics. Nearly any topic nowadays gets broken into 2 sides and turned into a false dillema, and if you're not in either side you are disliked by both.

Don't know if it's more prevalent in US vs Europeans, but you can see it online every day in things as meaningless as discussions about the state of the game here, where you're either defending or attacking Blizzard, and if you disagree with anyone in either of those positions they immediately assume you are from the "other team" and that you fully defend everything that "side" defends.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-07-29 at 06:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's less silly then people thinking it was a reference to a lawsuit that wouldn't become public for MONTHS
    So you assume its not a referance to this lawsuit ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No they absolutely would not have. They just wouldn't say anything because they weren't allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Using being abused as an excuse to be a jerk to others is the definition of toxic. Furthermore, I've dealt with plenty of people like that guy in the past. They are victim blamers and will lie to try and prove that their comments can't be countered because "Yeah that happened to me too."
    He didn't use it as an excuse, you claimed you were and then he said he was too. That's called a conversation. People react differently to things that happened to them.
    There are also people who claim X happened them in order to feel connected to what ever big topic is going or because they empathize with the victims or what ever and figure having more "victims" come forward will help get justice for the real victims. Then theres also the people that lie to try and get cash or what ever out of major events. All those people end up hurting people in the long run even if one of the types might have good intentions.

If you wanna take the moral highroad then there can't be any exceptions. Don't deny their possible truths. Call out their other bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    The further to one side someone goes, the further left/right the center looks. People abandon rationality and discourse in favor of belonging to the 'correct' group.
    I try not to pay too much attention to the dichotomy because everybody wants to act stupid these days

Quote Originally Posted by Crazozourus View Post
    I hope victims get justice and huge financial compensation (that will hit Bobby) but quitting WoW or boycotting other games because of current situation makes no sense. I don't see people stop using Amazon, Apple and other way worst companies or throwing away all their tech because the chipsets were made in the Foxconn City, and what's happening in that place makes ActiBli$$ looks like Hello Kitty's Garden Party. Quitting WoW is an equivalent of protesting against animal testing and later going to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger.
    I feel most people that quit WoW are just sick and tired of everything they have become. I agree that quitting over this is kind of shortsighted but a lot of people and a surprising amount of streamers are just sick of the direction it is headed, myself included, first BFA and now Shadowlands. I think now it's a "okay, this is just too much at this point, I'm done".

This is going to go on and on for years and years as it works through the system.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day