10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I'm thinking more of a German tank used during WW2.
    Panzerino? If that thing snorts fire I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Come at me, Hasbro!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Panzerino? If that thing snorts fire I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Come at me, Hasbro!
    Well, that is already taken. It is an italian empanada. https://panzerino.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is already taken. It is an italian empanada. https://panzerino.com/
    ...oh...I am equally intrigued and disappointed. Intrapointed?

I'll go with Uber Rino. Ultra Rino sounds like a form for a Transformer.
    Somewhat shockingly, there's a Rhino and a Rhinox, but no Ultra Rhino (or any other superlative).
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-07-29 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I think Land Raider is the next step up.
    *Laughs in Spartan Assault Tank*

I'll go with Uber Rino. Ultra Rino sounds like a form for a Transformer.
    Sounds like a really big taxicab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue-Eyes White Ultimate RINO?
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Blue-Eyes White Ultimate RINO?
    Was that...intentionally Nazi-esque?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I mean, if they think Covid isn’t dangerous, why would they think they’d need insurance coverage for it?
    It certainly would be interesting to see how conservative lawmakers would justify voting no on such a bill, then, wouldn't it?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Yup. If he told his MAGAts to wear masks, social distance, and take the vaccine when it was available
    This will forever remain a mystery to me. Trump took credit for the vaccine repeatedly. Why didn't his followers take it? They did everything else he asked, even storm the Capitol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that...intentionally Nazi-esque?
    And each head would parrot: "Screw the rules, I have money!"
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It certainly would be interesting to see how conservative lawmakers would justify voting no on such a bill, then, wouldn't it?
    "I was voting how my constituents wanted."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

This will forever remain a mystery to me. Trump took credit for the vaccine repeatedly. Why didn't his followers take it? They did everything else he asked, even storm the Capitol.
    cause Obama put 5G in it when trump wasn't looking!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

That is what the 'Deep State' is for. So they can still hate on the government despite the fact that their party was running the government.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's inner circle is appparently worried that Trump is losing his draw. No, it's not because of the various lawsuits, investigations, and of course the murderous insurrection. It's because he lost that last election, the defeat of Trump cultists Wright in Texas.

Trump and his advisers are trying to figure out what Wright’s defeat means for them — and how to contain any damage. Her loss Tuesday night sent shockwaves through the former president’s inner circle. Many privately concede the pressure is on them to win another special election next week in Ohio, where a Trump-backed candidate is locked in a close primary.

Advisers worry that a second embarrassing loss would raise questions about the power of Trump’s endorsement — his most prized political commodity, which candidates from Ohio to Wyoming are scrambling to earn before next year’s midterms. More broadly, losses could undermine his standing in the Republican Party, where his popularity and influence has protected Trump’s relevance even as a former president barred from his social media megaphones.
    One loss does not a pattern make, but they're right to be concerned. The Republican Party has become the Party of Trump. Their 2020 platform says so. If Trump can't bring in a candidate (this was a GOP vs Party of Trump runoff) what happens in the future? Also, what kind of meltdown is Trump having behind the scenes? He hasn't tweeted in...oh. Right. Forgot.

Some in the former president’s orbit worry that he’s been too prolific in endorsing candidates running in contested primaries, potentially diminishing their overall power. Trump — who as president frequently bragged about his near-perfect record in endorsing in Republican primaries — rarely endorsed during 2020 nomination contests, and he occasionally got burned when he did, lashing out at those who urged him to back a losing candidate in a North Carolina primary. This time, Trump is getting involved early in an array of primaries, including those for Alabama and North Carolina Senate.

Trump advisers say they first became alarmed about their prospects in Texas around a week ago, when they quietly commissioned a survey through the former president’s leadership political action committee showing Republican Jake Ellzey with a 15-point lead over Wright. The Trump team mobilized, with a pair of Trump-aligned groups, Make America Great Again Action and Citizens United Political Victory Fund, purchasing last-minute airtime. Other Trump allies sent word through the former president’s network that Wright could be in trouble.

But allies of Wright — the widow of the late Rep. Ron Wright, whose death in February from complications related to Covid-19 left his seat vacant — pushed back on that idea and reassured the former president’s team that she was in solid shape, pointing to another survey showing her ahead.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, an Ellzey backer who served as energy secretary in the Trump cabinet, attacked the Club for Growth on Wednesday, saying it had “fed” the former president “a bill of goods” by encouraging him to get behind Wright.

Some Republicans, however, pin partial blame for Wright’s loss on Trump. While the former president sent out statements reiterating his support for Wright and hosted a late tele-rally for her, he did little to help her build her campaign war chest — something he could have done using his vast small donor network. Recently released finance reports showed Ellzey significantly outraising Wright.

“This result shows Trump must be all-in in endorsements. He didn’t raise money or show up in district,” said Texas-based Republican strategist Matt Mackowiak, who also faulted Wright for waging a flawed campaign.
    Trump can't both endorse everyone, and also only pick winners. But it is encouraging to see the former Republican Party, now the Party of Trump, starting to wonder if they made a mistake. The upcoming Ohio race is also Trump cultist vs. classic Republican. Let's keep a buckeye on that one.

Trump's inner circle is appparently worried that Trump is losing his draw. No, it's not because of the various lawsuits, investigations, and of course the murderous insurrection. It's because he lost that last election, the defeat of Trump cultists Wright in Texas.

One loss does not a pattern make, but they're right to be concerned. The Republican Party has become the Party of Trump. Their 2020 platform says so. If Trump can't bring in a candidate (this was a GOP vs Party of Trump runoff) what happens in the future? Also, what kind of meltdown is Trump having behind the scenes? He hasn't tweeted in...oh. Right. Forgot.

Trump can't both endorse everyone, and also only pick winners. But it is encouraging to see the former Republican Party, now the Party of Trump, starting to wonder if they made a mistake. The upcoming Ohio race is also Trump cultist vs. classic Republican. Let's keep a buckeye on that one.
    They are wonder if they made a mistake because their losing, not because they realise fully threw themselves behind an utterly despicable person.

I wouldn't call that encouraging.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

I'm sure the GOP at large is eager to drop Trump to get back to their much more standard, banal, enrich-the-wealthy, do-nothing brand of evil.

And seeing as Trump is all of those things WITH the added addition of anti-education, ignorance is strength, fascist overtones who actively encourages violence both in attitude and in rhetoric, removing him is... progress, I guess?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the GOP at large is eager to drop Trump to get back to their much more standard, banal, enrich-the-wealthy, do-nothing brand of evil.
    Maybe they want to, but they can't. It's the same with the gun nuts and the religious right. Without them, they can't get close enough to 50%.

They had their chance in 2016 but blew it. Now it's all conspiracy theories, anti-vaxxers, and outright lies for good. They chose this. If it keeps working they'll keep doing it. If it doesn't, maybe we'll see them stumble as they tear each other apart for an election or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they want to, but they can't. It's the same with the gun nuts and the religious right. Without them, they can't get close enough to 50%.

They had their chance in 2016 but blew it. Now it's all conspiracy theories, anti-vaxxers, and outright lies for good. They chose this. If it keeps working they'll keep doing it. If it doesn't, maybe we'll see them stumble as they tear each other apart for an election or two.
    That’s what I’m saying. If they see the importance of trumps support faltering, they’ll drop him like a rotten pumpkin because the GOP establishment likely wants him out of their hair.

Which like I said I’ll interpret as “progress.” There’s a lot of cleaning up after the GOP to do, but at least getting the shit-flinging orangutan out of the room is a good first step.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which like I said I’ll interpret as “progress.”
    Agreed. I hope they realize how much they lost by embracing a madman. Honestly, I'll be happy to see the classic Republican party back. I didn't agree with most of their platform, but they at least made sense.