Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ill be doing that too because in 8 kills we haven't seen a single one :^)
    We had a DST on our first kill on week one, gave it to a rogue who had helped gear our main tank. 2nd one dropped last week in our alt/pug run, it went to our guilds Warrior tank because the only other main in the raid was the rogue who already had it. I mean based on my actual TBC luck that's a lot better already, and I've seen some guilds with multiple hunters/warriors/rogues running DST but It's a cursed item and I wouldn't be surprised if I never loot it, for a 2nd time.

In the original TBC I remember the trinkets never dropping, whether it be DST, Tsunami Talisman or Madness. I didn't even see a DST drop and only one Tsunami/Madness. So I used Hourglass of the Unraveller + Shard of Contempt in Sunwell. I remember not liking on-use trinkets back then, these days I'd have used Bloodlust Brooch.

But this BIS within a tier thing just wasn't a thing back then, at least not before T6, largely because it was a ladder you climbed and you probably had a bunch of T4 stuff equipped while progressing T6, I definitely did.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I mean, if they had t5 at launch it shoul dhave been the t5 that was in tbc at launch, 30-45m trash respawns, insane consumables, Vashj and Kael being massive clusterfucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    We had a DST on our first kill on week one, gave it to a rogue who had helped gear our main tank. 2nd one dropped last week in our alt/pug run, it went to our guilds Warrior tank because the only other main in the raid was the rogue who already had it. I mean based on my actual TBC luck that's a lot better already, and I've seen some guilds with multiple hunters/warriors/rogues running DST but It's a cursed item and I wouldn't be surprised if I never loot it, for a 2nd time.

In the original TBC I remember the trinkets never dropping, whether it be DST, Tsunami Talisman or Madness. I didn't even see a DST drop and only one Tsunami/Madness. So I used Hourglass of the Unraveller + Shard of Contempt in Sunwell. I remember not liking on-use trinkets back then, these days I'd have used Bloodlust Brooch.

But this BIS within a tier thing just wasn't a thing back then, at least not before T6, largely because it was a ladder you climbed and you probably had a bunch of T4 stuff equipped while progressing T6, I definitely did.
    Back then i had a berserkers call and shard going into sunwell, but i was arms. I don't expect to ever see a dst honestly, but even if i do we'd probably give it to our hunters first so I'm like 4 or 5th on the list.

Funny story, we had 1 tsunami drop and i got it over our surv hunter and he quit the game after the raid was over lol.

I thought the tiered releases were rather successful for the first round of Classic? Granted, there's less leveling in TBC so I suppose more people reach max level faster and thus consume endgame content faster...

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Try retail on any side, it's completely dead, lol.
    I'll take, "Incessant lies repeated ad nauseam for 400 lol", Alex!

Unless ya'll talking exclusicely about NA servers in which case, I wouldn't be surprised.

The truth is that Classic is Retail.

Same sub, same retail bnet client, same playerbase mentality

The moment you signed up for a sub you became a retail player

It is good that they did not release t5 on day one but it is also true that t4 is a godamned joke. t5 will also be a joke, dont get me wrong, but it is nice we werent pressured to get to t5 levels within a month. As far as being BiS.. man the shit comes down to luck. did your gear drop, did you win it. have only seen one dagger from prince, no belt or hands from gruul or mag. and ya know what.. its probably like 50 dps increase.. minimal as fuck
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I mean, if they had t5 at launch it shoul dhave been the t5 that was in tbc at launch, 30-45m trash respawns, insane consumables, Vashj and Kael being massive clusterfucks.
    Remember when max prophet Hakkar couldn't be defeated in Vanilla as it was deemed "impossible" by the best players at the time, and then it fell like a sack of potatoes to players in half the gear in Classic?

Yea, I think if bosses were intentionally released in their "overtuned" states then it would still be cleared the first 2 days, but within the first reset for sure.

There is literally nothing you can argue against this, we had a whole Classic release where this happened, TBC first raids were cleared in a day as well WITH leveling.

Do people really believe their whole core raid needs to be full P1 BiS before stepping foot into T5 content? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the only remotely difficult part about these 2 raids is Kael/Vashj and they'll both be dead within 2 hours of the patch going live (not for the casual guilds but the bosses will die immediately for serious guilds).

You can very easily do 5/6 4/5 in a mix of T4/pre-bis. Kael/Vashj will simply go down with time. You're also obviously not forced to rush straight into T5 when it releases if you're not ready. Kara and Gruul aren't going anywhere and you'll likely farm them for months to come anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    And then neglecting to mention that it took the best progressive guilds in the game months to clear the content. It obviously wasn't intended to be cleared by most players easily and on day 1 (and wouldn't have been able to now either). Most guilds are still filling out gear slots from Kara. We were in Kara week 1 and still need plenty of gear for our core 25. And everyone knows that the tryhards just want to power through content ASAP and then sit here and bitch about having nothing to do for a year.

If you want all TBC content out in the first 12 months, by all means encourage 2.5 month phases. If you actually want to enjoy the game and don't have 12 hours/day to play, maybe pace yourselves. I promise you that, if you're already fully decked in t4/BiS, are sitting on honor cap, have all season 1 pieces, maxed professions, etc. that you are in the very small minority of players.
    That's what we want though, we want to have that feeling of progressing through content, we don't want to be complete BIS from Kara/Gruul/Mag to make TK/SSC 1 hour raids, a lot of the fun will come with progressing through those raids while still "needing" kara and gruul. We are completely out of content in just over 2 hours as it stands with little to no challenge. Even if the fights other than Kael and Vashj are relatively easy it still makes up another raid night and will be a lot more enjoyable than burning kara and 25 mans in roughly 2 hours and being done for the week with not much to do.

We still have Mount Hyjal, Zul'Aman, Black temple and Sunwell. The games been out for 2 months, it's more than enough time for SSC/TK to release and whether you like it or not the fact SSC/TK were in the game at original launch is an extremely valid point for it being faster than what you might expect a phase between T5 and T6 for example.

The game seriously need TK and SSC in the game ASAP. (People can still progress at the pace they wish to do so)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Are they changing those fights from the way we did them back then for our vials?
    Like is the macro pass still needed for vashj etc?
    I mean before the tuning where everyone got in.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezwalker View Post
    Sorry but you are the minority this time
    server are dying
    hard to join a H grp as dps
    and 3 25 man boss raid only is a freaking joke. 30 min of 25 man raiding per week is Unhealthy for the game
    Karazhan is not a raid its a 10 man normal donjon loot piniata
    It's not hard to join a heroic group as DPS lol. And servers are only "dying" because people have realized that world PvP is shit so they're transferring away from it.

I mean I know you do this professionally and all, but logging in to retail shows that isn't the case. I don't like SL, I haven't played retail since January, but if I login right now the towns are packed with people. People from my server no less.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Not even close to true. I am on a mid pop server and every major hub is full of people. Korthia is packed. I can post a weekly 15 key and it gets spammed with hundreds of apps in minutes at any hour of the day.

Just the same ol' Doomers that have been claiming WoW is dying for the last 12 years jumping at the opportunity to scream even louder now with all of the drama going on around Blizzard right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ill be doing that too because in 8 kills we haven't seen a single one :^)
    We run two 25's a week and haven't seen one either.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    You think Alliance is dead on retail? Move off Area52. I did, and now I see Alliance all over the place. Not to say there's not an imbalance overall, but it's far from "dead" if you're not playing on select servers.
    It's amazing when people play on a server dominated by one faction, and use that as their evidence that the other faction is dead.

Sorry, did I say amazing? I meant retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    bro you think clASSic is dead, try retail on Alliance side

On Topic: I think they did TBC well imo, but I understand that they want everything to be the exact same way it was back in the day - its just not possible. We'd have to go back in time with shit computers and realllly bad internet to mimic the real days haha
    not releasing t5 on launch makes it be more in line with how it was back then

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    You think Alliance is dead on retail? Move off Area52. I did, and now I see Alliance all over the place. Not to say there's not an imbalance overall, but it's far from "dead" if you're not playing on select servers.
    A52 is one of the WORST choices for alliance. You see Sharded alliance all the time because there so few actual allies on A52 but GL finding a decent guild. A52 is 1% ally... I say that as A52 Horde

- - - Updated - - -

Yea... no. Retail is alive and kicking. Top 2 retail servers have more plaers active than all of the classic servers combined.... and then we have like 60 more retail servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    A52 is one of the WORST choices for alliance. You see Sharded alliance all the time because there so few actual allies on A52 but GL finding a decent guild. A52 is 1% ally... I say that as A52 Horde.
    This is my point exactly. I hardly ever saw fellow Alliance members outside of cities. It’s easy to believe the 1% figure. If you want to play somewhere that doesn’t feel like Alliance is dead, A52 is definitely not the place.

15+ Year Old Account
    That absolutely has not been my experience at all. Any time of day, I'm seeing Korthia and my Covenant hub packed with people. Every time a rare spawns it's swarmed. Even in the Maw, there are enough people doing the quests in Perdition Hold and Desmotaeron that I don't need to look for groups to get help killing the elite minibosses, which wasn't even the case in 9.0. When I was farming Fallen Charger, multiple 40 man raids would fill up in seconds.

Maybe you're not into it, and maybe it won't last as the patch drags on, but it's honestly super active right now. I think they pretty much nailed the gameplay loop in Korthia and the updated Maw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    And then neglecting to mention that it took the best progressive guilds in the game months to clear the content. It obviously wasn't intended to be cleared by most players easily and on day 1 (and wouldn't have been able to now either). Most guilds are still filling out gear slots from Kara. We were in Kara week 1 and still need plenty of gear for our core 25. And everyone knows that the tryhards just want to power through content ASAP and then sit here and bitch about having nothing to do for a year.

If you want all TBC content out in the first 12 months, by all means encourage 2.5 month phases. If you actually want to enjoy the game and don't have 12 hours/day to play, maybe pace yourselves. I promise you that, if you're already fully decked in t4/BiS, are sitting on honor cap, have all season 1 pieces, maxed professions, etc. that you are in the very small minority of players.
    Intent aside, cause Classic is not how things was in the past, there is no neglecting that people used alot of time on raid progression in the past. Yes, it happen, but it is beside the point.

The point of "tier 5 at launch" is that TBC was cool, because the initial progression and attunement, allowed for ALOT of work to be done in the first phase. It is amazing to work on so much at the start, even without doing much raiding. It allowed to progress on a number of raids at the same time, creating a very unique raiding experience, that never happened again. Instead of focusing on 1 raid, you took a few bosses from each and progressed from there.

That is the experience being advocated for, simple as that. This is not about "elites" vs "casuals" or "people with time" vs "people with life", its about creating 2 different player experiences, one where you get things in small bites vs one where you get a huge cake, that is nearly impossible to take in one bite, so you can eat it in a varied amount of ways.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Tier 5 was in at launch. It was also broken. Morogrim was impossible and many of the SSC fights went through major changes before the place was completely revamped. Tk, too -- launch Al'ar required a 40-man raid with 15 out of instance warlocks putting up soul stones. The only guild that got more than one Vashj kill had to use this trick on Vashj. Solarian's health total was too high and I think there were 3 bombs at a time instead of one. Kael'thas was recording threat totals from the beginning and would kill all of your healers before targeting the tank. Hell, Hyjal was understood to be in the game at launch, too,though no one ever accessed it before the Tier 6 patch since Kael was impossible.

Personally, I would've loved to see them bring it back in those forms... but when you're playing an expansion with tuning from the final patch, you can't really expect the original experience, now can you?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu