Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Actually men and women are quite different in this regard. Sure, woman look to get laid too but not even close to men numbers. Look it up on the Internet, you'll find plenty of studies in that regard.
    Try to get laid =/= get laid. Women can be just as horny as men, the only difference is they can get results faster so they don't need to be constanly searching.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Actually men and women are quite different in this regard. Sure, woman look to get laid too but not even close to men numbers. Look it up on the Internet, you'll find plenty of studies in that regard.
    If you gotta look at studies to learn about women, you might be one of the people im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzet View Post
    Yeah? A picture taking 2013, 1 YEAR before Cosby became a worldwide known Rapist. And that they brought women to that room, yeah? Is that in any way illegal? No.
    And again, one of the victims themself litterly said on twitter that she thinks Greg is very nice guy but then you also have to remember that these guys were all friends. Do you go around thinking if any of your friend is a rapist or even a murderer? I highly doubt you do because we see people we have known for years and count as friends in a different light and can become blindsided.
    '
    I am not defend any of the accused but Greg isn't being accused but he is taking so much hate right now for just knowing Alex, you don't think that's overkill? He even admits his fault and tries.
    Cosby was accused before 2014, it just wasn’t as mainstream before then.
    I’ve also said in another thread that I’m the type of person who believes things can be taken out of context and that the entire Cosby suite thing could have been an off the cuff joke that just kept getting bigger and bigger. The issue is that the benefit of the doubt thing grows smaller as every person asked gives a different excuse for how it started.
    These guys posted a picture of them holding a framed picture of Cosby, called the room the Cosby suite, and Cosby had accusations against him before 2014.
    As far as being a nice guy, that doesn’t mean that he knew nothing about what was going on. Plenty of people have been described as nice guys while being complete shits.
    As I stated, I’m not saying Greg participated in anything, or even knew; but, there is evidence to suggest he possibly could have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    is there something wrong with dudes wanting to meet and bring chicks to hangout with? lmfao. thats not even remotely problematic and the cosby suite was well before cosby raping women was main stream news to most people.
    But as I posted to another person, Cosby had been accused before that. Not being mainstream doesn’t mean completely unknown. Questioned employees also gave different reasons as to why it was called the Cosby suite, and some of those reasons come across as a complete lie (stating ugly walls that looked like his sweater when the walls were white).
    The issue is that the photo shows Greg was obviously in on the joke, and depending on the reason it was actually called the Cosby suite could be pretty damning to him.
    As I’ve stated multiple times, I’m not saying Greg had any idea of what was going on, but with the things we know now, such as the photo, being part of group texts, allegations of coworkers pulling Afrasiabi away from women, it’s hard to say he 100% had no idea what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Cosby was accused before 2014, it just wasn’t as mainstream before then.
    I’ve also said in another thread that I’m the type of person who believes things can be taken out of context and that the entire Cosby suite thing could have been an off the cuff joke that just kept getting bigger and bigger. The issue is that the benefit of the doubt thing grows smaller as every person asked gives a different excuse for how it started.
    These guys posted a picture of them holding a framed picture of Cosby, called the room the Cosby suite, and Cosby had accusations against him before 2014.
    As far as being a nice guy, that doesn’t mean that he knew nothing about what was going on. Plenty of people have been described as nice guys while being complete shits.
    As I stated, I’m not saying Greg participated in anything, or even knew; but, there is evidence to suggest he possibly could have.
    Look there's a lot of conflicting things out there about the story, and some of them come from the press. And that doesn't help.
    For example it isn't clear where the picture came from. Some say it came with the room. Some say these guys brought it with them.
    If it came with the room, it's easy to see how they would make some harmless but dumb inside joke about it.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2021-07-30 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I do but you and many other like you want to completely ignore it and act like you are far above the rest of the world since you have yet again entered the era of witch hunting.
    It's not "witch hunting" when you're constantly finding witches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I mean, it's more witch appearances at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Look there's a lot of conflicting things out there about the story, and some of them come from the press. And that doesn't help.
    For example it isn't clear where the picture came from. Some say it came with the room. Some say these guys brought it with them.
    I read that story. It was one of the first ones that came out and when discussing it a guild member brought up an interesting point: what hotel puts a photo of a celebrity on the wall? Did they put a photo up of Cosby next to Sandusky?
    I’ve tried using Google to find something to counter that point, and I haven’t found anything. If you find something, please let me know because all I can find is celebrities posing at hotels. Nothing with their pictures being in an actual room.

I read that story. It was one of the first ones that came out and when discussing it a guild member brought up an interesting point: what hotel puts a photo of a celebrity on the wall? Did they put a photo up of Cosby next to Sandusky?
    I’ve tried using Google to find something to counter that point, and I haven’t found anything. If you find something, please let me know because all I can find is celebrities posing at hotels. Nothing with their pictures being in an actual room.
    I had one with a picture of Bill Murray lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Throw a bucket of shit on a crowd of 1000 people and it’s going to stick to at least some of them.
    I see both points, and I don’t think witch hunting is the proper term for this instance. It would have been more accurate if the state of CA went into ActiBlizz with no inkling of what to look for and just looking for anything. They’d be bound to find something on some employees out of how big of a company it is.
    That didn’t happen in this case. They were following up on specific allegations. So no witch hunt happened here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Which hotel? Proof? Was this a special room? How long ago was this? Anything not anecdotal that can be proven?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Cosby is more famous, the word would get out far easier than something about Alex. Even internally.
    Possibly, but I somewhat doubt that.

For what it's worth, even with the fact that I'm saying word gets around, I'm finding it hard to entirely rationalise the idea that it was named after Cosby because Alex was some kind of creep. Because that would literally indict every single person who ever went to that party as knowing Alex was a creep.
    I agree that the name is just odd, and we don't really have a good explanation.

Quick search came up with this: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...t_England.html
    I'm sure there's more. Maybe a bit unusual practise but that doesn't make it non-existant.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Junior employees taking part in sex acts at the behest of senior employees, while those senior employees are present, at a company event is such a fraught issue I can scarce believe it needs to be explained.
    Where exactly have you seen the information that the women in question were junior employees, and that they were doing that at the behest of senior employees, though?

Also, not sure if a party in a hotel room after blizzcon is over for the day can be considered a "company event", especially depending on when exactly it happened for which we have no information (might have happened after the party even). Employees are allowed to be friends outside of work, and a group of employees having a party together after blizzcon does not automatically make it a company event in my eyes.

I agree on the potential power inbalance potential issues (although that shouldn't be assumed), and even if they were total strangers not even remotely related to the industry it would still look bad and be pretty questionable. And of course it only looks/sounds worse given the lawsuit.

All I'm saying is that if you look beyond how it looks/sounds like in retrospective, the few alleged facts we know don't really paint a picture that something inherently or purposefully wrong happened there. Is it possible that was the case? Sure. But based on the information I've seen there's really no way to tell without making big assumptions.

People are seeing what they want to see.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-07-30 at 01:08 PM.

If you gotta look at studies to learn about women, you might be one of the people im talking about.
    *grin*

This and other threads about this is quite revealing indeed.

I don't doubt that, hotels often have some odd things on the wall.

So, it would in theory be possible that the hotel room had a picture of Bill Cosby on the wall, but people generally don't seem to suggest that it was the origin of the name and the hotel would likely had nailed down the picture more since they don't want their decoration moving around like in the photo.
    And the idea that they had the idea to name it the 'Cosby suite' for another reason, and then found a Cosby picture at the hotel just stretches the imagination - and especially that no-one mentioned it.
    It also seems that someone else would have confirmed that the specific hotel had a Cosby painting at that time by now.

Now you ask - why does it matter?

Well, this suggest that someone brought a Cosby picture to the hotel suite, and the "Cosby suite" was discussed before hand - indicating that there had been a previous Cosby suite (some have also indicated that was the case). That indicates that someone needs to dig deeper.

Throw a bucket of shit on a crowd of 1000 people and it’s going to stick to at least some of them.
    I see both points, and I don’t think witch hunting is the proper term for this instance. It would have been more accurate if the state of CA went into ActiBlizz with no inkling of what to look for and just looking for anything. They’d be bound to find something on some employees out of how big of a company it is.
    That didn’t happen in this case. They were following up on specific allegations. So no witch hunt happened here.

- - - Updated - - -

Which hotel? Proof? Was this a special room? How long ago was this? Anything not anecdotal that can be proven?
    One sec, I typed up the thesis but its still being peer reviewed

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Possibly, but I somewhat doubt that.

I agree that the name is just odd, and we don't really have a good explanation.
    Honestly for me I don't even care, because what happened still happened.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Quick search came up with this: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Location...t_England.html
    I'm sure there's more. Maybe a bit unusual practise but that doesn't make it non-existant.
    So you found 1 hotel where that’s the entire theme?
    I can find a hotel with Godzilla’s face in the room in Japan, but are we going to pretend that’s the norm?

Honestly for me I don't even care, because what happened still happened.
    Ofc you don't. It's easier to throw everyone under the bus than look at the little details and maybe, just maybe admit there's a possibility not everyone knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    *grin*

This and other threads about this is quite revealing indeed.
    For real lol. My wife has obviously toned it down since getting married and pregnant, but I wish people could've seen how her and her single friends are when they get together. Would put most of the boys to shame.

So you found 1 hotel where that’s the entire theme?
    I can find a hotel with Godzilla’s face in the room in Japan, but are we going to pretend that’s the norm?
    Did I say it was the norm? I believe the word I used was 'unusual'.
    I can't be arsed to look for more. i just don't find it super unbelieavable that a hotel room would have a picture of a celebrity.