Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If Jessie McCree is implicated in the sexual harassment that took place, there's a huge influence on WoW that would also need to be checked. TBC introduced the Draenei and their home planet Argus. Quests in Bloodmyst introduce "Jessera of Mac'Aree" and establishes Mac'aree as the capitol of Argus which is utilized heavily in 7.3. I don't know how all of that could be addressed now. I'd really like to assume that the real life Jessie McCree isn't guilty of gross misconduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Nothing fixes the workers' conditions and well being like removing and renaming pixels. Activision Blizzard doing God's work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    In response to the blue tweet will Mccree be renamed to something else? I hope he isn't deleted. He's one of the fan favorites!!
    Until the person in question has been part of the main case, I doubt he'll be renamed, and he won't be deleted, as that would be way too much of a waste of resources and fanbase.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt it changing random npcs in WoW that nobody thinks about or remembers is not equivalent to changing a major character with established lore and tons of merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I really doubt it changing random npcs in WoW that nobody thinks about or remembers is not equivalent to changing a major character with established lore and tons of merchandise.
    Exactly this. While changing character in-game name is not that big deal, in this case it's kinda problematic because of merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Rename him after Matt Mercer
    I'm down for McMercer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Exactly this. While changing character in-game name is not that big deal, in this case it's kinda problematic because of merchandise.
    They renamed the Redskins and many other teams and characters. They can do the same for McCree
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, it's a much bigger undertaking (hours of dialogue would need to be rerecorded, comics, books, etc.) and the character has taken on a life of its own. And it's not like the character was based on him or made by him, they just thought his name sounded cool for a cowboy.

If they were to make a change, it would make sense to just have him start using an alias in OW2. Most OW characters already use codenames. Just have him change his identity because he's a fugitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They renamed the Redskins and many other teams and characters. They can do the same for McCree
    Jesse McCree is a proper name, not a slur being used as a name. You're comparing apples to racist oranges here.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-07-30 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The internet has never been a cool place.
    The internet was great in the 90s when accessibility kept most of the trash off of it.

We still don't really know what all happened at the Crosby Suite. Some women have said they had a good time and weren't aware of the attitude in the group chat. The group chat might have been referring to people they find at the bar and then they also happened to invite some female employees as well. We don't really know the full story and who at the suite was harassed and by whom.

Hopefully not... it's a good name for him.
    + they have to redo voice lines and such if they give him a new name.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Nothing fixes the workers' conditions and well being like removing and renaming pixels. Activision Blizzard doing God's work.
    Did you intentionally miss the point? Or do you just default to strawman arguments?

No one claimed removing or renaming the character would fix conditions or well-being, did they? No. They didn't even imply it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Jesse McCree is a proper name, not a slur being used as a name. You're comparing apples to racist oranges here.
    Except... in the community, that name will forever be associated with sexual harassment and sexual assault, regardless of the outcome of any legal cases. That's how internet justice works.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    while it disgusts me what happened behind the scene, the character itself has nothing in common with it. And even if they rename him. Like what Pewpewbeamzors?
    He is literaly named after him
    jesse mccree
    jesse mccree

they can rename him to literally anything. Matt mercer his voice actor would be an amazing name.
    or even Mathew Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    We still don't really know what all happened at the Crosby Suite. Some women have said they had a good time and weren't aware of the attitude in the group chat. The group chat might have been referring to people they find at the bar and then they also happened to invite some female employees as well. We don't really know the full story and who at the suite was harassed and by whom.
    There aren't enough people that give a damn about the full story. All that's needed is hearsay and conjecture and the subject is deemed guilty.

?? why the cosby thing was shown to be mostly benign, it was just a party room totally unrelated to bill cosbys allegations which didnt come out til years later.
    given that, mcree shouldnt trigger anyone, and honestly a character in a game even if jesse was problematic( which he WASNT) still shouldnt trigger people enough to rename an iconic character

Why? McCree is a real name regardless of association to a dev. Hell, I didn't even know of said dev, so most players probably won't either but they'd sure as hell take issue with the sudden name change of a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The internet was great in the 90s when accessibility kept most of the trash off of it.
    Calling people that couldn't afford it trash, not cool...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-07-30 at 08:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leave him alone. Practised my hitscannig using him.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Why? McCree is a real name regardless of association to a dev. Hell, I didn't even know of said dev, so most players probably won't either but they'd sure as hell take issue with the sudden name change of a fan favorite.

Calling people that couldn't afford it trash, not cool...
    If that's what you get out of that, it says more about you than your assumptions about me. It the early days of the internet, it was generally far more accessible around large learning institutions. So yeah, I guess you can get upset if I make a connection between lack of education and generally poor behavior, but that has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Did you intentionally miss the point? Or do you just default to strawman arguments?

No one claimed removing or renaming the character would fix conditions or well-being, did they? No. They didn't even imply it.
    If it's an empty gesture, I outta ask you: Did you intentionally miss the point of my reply?

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    I like this yellow styling of the overwatch pages on the website, looks so much better than the others.

Imagine being offended by a imaginary character’s name, so odd to me. Blizzard will probably cave though.
    It wouldn't really be about anyone being that offended. It would be about Bliz wanting to not honor someone who may have a strong connection to abuse issues in their workplace with a character named after that person in their game which is kind of a high honor for a game dev. I would think they wouldn't do that though without further proof of him being involved in actual harassment before making that decision. If it's just him having been at the suite they should leave it alone because afaik no women have even come forward saying there was anything bad that went on there outside of partying(which isn't bad).