Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    We all knew this was coming, and we all knew some diehard fanbois would and will defend EVERYTHING Blizzard do. This is beyond idiotic, I am genuinely embarrassed to have any kind of connection to this game and company right now.
    How are you embarrassed because an emote is gone? This thread just shows how people are willing to hate a company over anything. And anyone who doesn't agree with their hate train is a "fan boy".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

People will just use /me spits on %t or something like that
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Any freedom of expression is significant. Any sort of censorship is significant. And blizzard teaching morales and social manners at the moment is laughable.
    "MUH CENSORSHIP!!!! MUH FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

it's a videogame

a videogame in which you signed a TOS outlining things you can and cannot do

Stop being trolled ... /spit did NOT get removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    Well, this thread is a lie. I Just went and spat on an old sport that was around. Proof: https://pasteboard.co/KdBRFF1.png
    The PTR or Retail? Because the WoWhead article states it was removed from the PTR.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Stop being trolled ... /spit did NOT get removed.
    Next patch.

Since I am over 12 years old, I never used that particular emote against players. Zero issue with it remaining or staying.

Removing emotes however won't accomplish shit, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    Blizzard, considering they knew this was happening for years and didnt do anything until word got out to the public

Well done bizztard. You removed spit. You did it, sexual assault is solved.
    It's being removed because people spit on boost mounts.

its cuz i /spit on deluxe buyers => they feel bad, quit or dont buy anymore => /spit has to be removed

personally i'm sad, /spit is the only thing you can do after being stunlocked to death as a holy priest (spirit healer enables you to /spit on those fucking rogues)
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I S T H I S A J O K E ?
    It's been in the game since since 2004. Let's get a grip. What is next? "they killed my character while I was questing, that's harassment"?
    You are extremely weak human being if getting /spit on bothers you. That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Next patch.
    What next patch? Where? Works on the ptr right now.

How didnt they ban the goldshire E-RPing yet? What happens there is very sexist and I need a safe space to RP.

Good. No reason to keep tools used for harassment in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    How didnt they ban the goldshire E-RPing yet? What happens there is very sexist and I need a safe space to RP.
    Cause it's being done by consenting adults.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

In my experience the spit macro has only been used by horde players who after ganking you 5v1 in Korthia will all spit on you and then run away.

They can't be bothered to develop meaningful content but they can remove a stupid emote from the game? Lmao actiblizz is a joke.

To all of yall clutching your pearls and complaining about the sky falling, can you chill? Maybe it was a mistake, its only gone on the PTR. Still works on live Classic and Retail. Find something more important to whine about.

Seems like the real snowflakes are the people complaining about it in this thread.

guess we can still /fart on people

Blizzard has got to protect those cash cows any way they can.

Classic was supposed to be Classic in all its glory and failings, until monetization and several other quality of life changes. People who still claim to play Classic are just fooling themselves at this point. If you do something that goes against the whole idea of the Classic spirit then you do deserve to get shunned or punished for it. Just like how strict they are on RPG servers.

What if I type "/me spits on you" or "/me spits on [player]". Do I get banned then? How long until you can no longer use /fart /slap /burp and other emotes against players?