Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope this comes to retail too if it hasn't already. I fucking hate that emote.

Seriously there's no bigger emote that radiates douchebaggery than that one. I really don't see why it ever even existed in the first place, spitting on people is really disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I hope this comes to retail too if it hasn't already. I fucking hate that emote.

Seriously there's no bigger emote that radiates douchebaggery than that one. I really don't see why it ever even existed in the first place, spitting on people is really disgusting.
    So is chopping off their heads, beating their bodies with hammers, setting people on fire, drowning people, genocide, mass murder - all those things exist in game, in fact it's literally based on those things.

Save your fake outrage for something worth while, this isn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe they just code it so you can no longer use it on players so at least we can keep it ?
    also cant you just make a macro for it anyway ?
    or maybe they try to lower the age rating with it too which would be lots of work so its rather unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    What if I type "/me spits on you" or "/me spits on [player]". Do I get banned then? How long until you can no longer use /fart /slap /burp and other emotes against players?
    I hope "/me has reported you for being AFK, type /AFK to remove the flag." will never be bannable.

Too little and wayyyyyyyyyyy tooooo damn late.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Good riddance. The "lets spit on store mount buyers on TBC classic realms"-movement was disgusting as hell.
    Oh no! You poor thing, are you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Oh no! You poor thing, are you ok?
    Not sure hes poor if hes buying store mounts LMAO

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard pandering to snowflakes as usual.

I get the removal of all references to Afrasiabi, which was frankly too-little-too-late. This on the other hand is one of the most boneheaded removal decisions Blizzard have ever made.

Because it takes a particular type of person to think that the /spit emote is problematic... In a game called World of WarCraft, featuring themes in the game's lore such as torture, murder, assassination, genocide, capital punishment, racism, tonnes of brutal combat, etc.

Not to mention how Blizz have been hypocritically tooting their horn about being inclusive whilst simultaneously allowing sexual harassment to happen and giving absolutely zero fucks about rampant player toxicity in their games. Maybe sort those things out before you start removing emotes, because that's not even a band-aid fix.

Pathetic if true. Surely it's just a bug though, I'll wait for confirmation.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

From my experience, the kind of people playing Retail have far worse problems than spamming that emote.

The sheer volume of toxic behaviour I've seen in WoW has been harrowing.

To all the people thinking this is 'Good' congrats you will get spammed with a different 'offensive' emote now. But hey let's keep removing things from a 17 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    To all of yall clutching your pearls and complaining about the sky falling, can you chill? Maybe it was a mistake, its only gone on the PTR. Still works on live Classic and Retail. Find something more important to whine about.
    its not even gone on the PTR lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I hope "/me has reported you for being AFK, type /AFK to remove the flag." will never be bannable.
    I'm pretty sure that has always been a suspension-worthy offense, though I may be mistaken.

On the topic of the /spit emote: I think it is completely fine if it is to be removed, or at least not be targeted at other players. It was an emote that is practically designed to be used for harassment, the emote existing is more or less a tacit approval of harassing people with the emote on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-07-30 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So is chopping off their heads, beating their bodies with hammers, setting people on fire, drowning people, genocide, mass murder - all those things exist in game, in fact it's literally based on those things.

Save your fake outrage for something worth while, this isn't it.
    "Fake outrage"? No, I just think it's gross and not really good as an emote. If there was a /shit emote where you took a dump on someone, I wouldn't dislike it because it's rude, I'd dislike it because it's repulsive and unnecessary. If you spit on someone IRL, you get the shit kicked out of you. You shouldn't be able to do it with impunity in an RPG.

Save your outrage for something that matters. It sounds like you're a lot more mad about this than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    From my experience, the kind of people playing Retail have far worse problems than spamming that emote.

The sheer volume of toxic behaviour I've seen in WoW has been harrowing.
    I agree, but I've just always hated that emote. I won't shed any tears if it goes away, it should've gone away a long time ago.

Retail's problem is that it actually needs some sort of active moderation, which just doesn't exist with today's Blizzard. The GMs feel like a skeleton crew at best.

without a complete overhaul and a separation of blizzard from activision, i dont see WoW doing well in the future. classic will save their MUA losses here and there, but retail has just gone to pure shit. gameplay, lore, story and community are all at an all time low. even the devs have given up, 9.1 made that pretty clear. i can only assume some of it is due to the toxic environment Blizzard has become, as environments like that crumble after a time. people have enough drama in this shitty Fomo, social media idiot driven world. we dont need it in our video gaming too.

You'll be spammed with /e spits on you. Or some other emote like /rude /fart. Let's remove emoting all together cause people are so weak they let things in video games upset them? The goal of the emote is to convey a message. They'll still figure out other ways to get across the message they want to send. Do you really think this change will make any difference? If anything it has the potential to make it worse.

"Fake outrage"? No, I just think it's gross and not really good as an emote. If there was a /shit emote where you took a dump on someone, I wouldn't dislike it because it's rude, I'd dislike it because it's repulsive and unnecessary. If you spit on someone IRL, you get the shit kicked out of you. You shouldn't be able to do it with impunity in an RPG.

Save your outrage for something that matters. It sounds like you're a lot more mad about this than I am.

I agree, but I've just always hated that emote. I won't shed any tears if it goes away, it should've gone away a long time ago.

Retail's problem is that it actually needs some sort of active moderation, which just doesn't exist with today's Blizzard. The GMs feel like a skeleton crew at best.
    Way to not respond to a single point raised. Typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I do wonder at the mental fragility one would have to suffer from in order to feel significant relief or triumphalist glee at the removal of this emote. I can't imagine most well-adjusted adults would react in that way. Imagine being fine with your character stabbing or burning other player characters to death, but getting upset when they /spit on you.

Actually, imagine explaining it.

"They wanted to make the game feel safer so they disabled an emote that let you spit on other players"
    "But you can still fight other players and kill them though?"
    Yeah"
    "So you can stab them and make them bleed, burn them, execute them with swords and axes, set wolves on them while you shoot them with arrows, give them plagues and diseases, curse them, flay their minds with shadow magic, and a whole lot more?"
    "Yeah"
    "But spitting on them is a step too far?"
    "..."
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-07-30 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Good riddance. The "lets spit on store mount buyers on TBC classic realms"-movement was disgusting as hell.
    Justified tbh. Remember when people used to exclude people who bought The Retarded Horse (the first storemount added) from pugs? Same thing happened with the transmog masks in MoP.

Microtransactions have no place in a game that already has a subscription model.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I don't really care for the emote but I'm kinda surprised that its still around. The only use I've seen of it is when Asmongold told his viewers to spit on everyone who rides on a store mount. In Hearthstone they also removed the ''Sorry'' emote because people never actually used it to apologise, but rather to bad manner their opponent when they get super lucky and win the game or something. Both cases its just to infuriate your opponent.