Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I like how people are complaining about spit being gone, but not the toxic/bullying behavior that people were using it towards. You ever wonder were the negative behavior of blizzard came from? It didn't manifest out of the blue, its endemic of the video game community at large. How many games have "cancerous" communities? A lot, think a lot of us need to look in the mirror and realize there's a lot of work that needs to be done on the home front before we start throwing rocks.
    Toxicity is an emerging property of bad laws/designs in online games. Take M+ for example - the fact that it's time constrained, high risk, high stress environment paired with social anonymity means people have little to no accountability for fucking someone over and getting away with it. I was the black sheep on my realm for weeks because I ninja'd Hourglass in TBC 14 years ago.

They promised never to introduce something like that mount or level boost in Classic WoW. And they did. And they don't care about the backlash and what people thought of it. They went ahead with it. They were the ones /spit on the Classic community. But there's no way to /spit back on Blizzard without flipping the table and walking away (as MadSeason did). So (few) players /spit on people who ride that mount. That's a consequence of Blizzard being stupid and bad towards their own player base.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-07-31 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Toxicity is an emerging property of bad laws/designs. Take M+ for example - the fact that it's time constrained, high risk, high stress environment paired with social anonymity means people have little to no accountability for fucking someone over and getting away with it. I was the black sheep on my realm for weeks because I ninja'd Hourglass in TBC 14 years ago.

They promised never to introduce something like that mount or level boost in Classic WoW. And they did. And they don't care about the backlash and what people thought of it. They went ahead with it. They were the ones /spit on the Classic community. But there's no way to /spit back on Blizzard without flipping the table and walking away (as MadSeason did). So (few) players /spit on people who ride that mount. That's a consequence of Blizzard being stupid and bad towards their own player base.
    Holy shit MadSeason quit? That blows me away because he is the LAST person I thought would quit.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    congratulations on your going over 9000 shill score...
    I'm not saying I agree with what they're doing, I'm explaining why I think they're doing it.

But it sounds like you just need to vent irrational anger, so go for it I guess.

The way I see it, Shop connoisseurs make in-game tickets that go something like ''I was /spit on because I ride my 25 Euro mount and I don't like it'', that goes through GM's to the bean counters and the bean counters value their Shop connoisseurs more than the vast majority of the player base.
    Putting aside the conjecture that this is really how they assign "value" to customers, what, in principle, is the problem with people going "People keep doing /spit on me and I don't like it"? Is that not a valid complaint, considering the reason is not something that in any way infringes on other people? It's not like they're going around griefing or whatever, which might offer at least some sort of justification.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2021-07-31 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Holy shit MadSeason quit? That blows me away because he is the LAST person I thought would quit.
    Well, between WoW being shit, FF14 being great and Blizzard itself being absolute fuckawful shitshow, it is no surprise that every YouTuber and Streamer is quitting.

10+ Year Old Account

Angry

Another pretend woke retard trying to save face standing up for the wrong issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well, between WoW being shit, FF14 being great and Blizzard itself being absolute fuckawful shitshow, it is no surprise that every YouTuber and Streamer is quitting.
    It's just wild because he's always seemed like a diehard WoW fan. Seeing all these content creators quit is making wonder how Blizzard can even recover from this. Especially with the OTHER investigation being brought against them regarding them potentially lying to shareholders about how much their stock was actually worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just wild because he's always seemed like a diehard WoW fan. Seeing all these content creators quit is making wonder how Blizzard can even recover from this. Especially with the OTHER investigation being brought against them regarding them potentially lying to shareholders about how much their stock was actually worth.
    The stock worth lawsuit is directly related to the first one: They didn't disclose they were under investigation by the government, so investors were living in false belief that the company is in stable place.

I don't think they'll ever recover to anywhere near their recent peaks, but if they put out a quality expansion then they'll surely get a lot of people back. After BfA & the current state of Shadowlands however, who knows if they're even capable of that anymore.

Toxicity is an emerging property of bad laws/designs in online games. Take M+ for example - the fact that it's time constrained, high risk, high stress environment paired with social anonymity means people have little to no accountability for fucking someone over and getting away with it. I was the black sheep on my realm for weeks because I ninja'd Hourglass in TBC 14 years ago.

Idk get over it, its a mount. Maybe don't be toxic about it to random people that enjoy the game. It just ends up making you look like a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I don't think they'll ever recover to anywhere near their recent peaks, but if they put out a quality expansion then they'll surely get a lot of people back. After BfA & the current state of Shadowlands however, who knows if they're even capable of that anymore.
    After seeing what we've been given with Shadowlands, I don't see them being capable of creating a quality expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

The stock worth lawsuit is directly related to the first one: They didn't disclose they were under investigation by the government, so investors were living in false belief that the company is in stable place.
    Right. I forgot that was the reason the stock investigation happened. The stock issues and the lawsuit has a very real chance of burying Blizzard as a company because I can definitely see Activision cutting them off like a tumor and throwing them under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Idk get over it, its a mount. Maybe don't be toxic about it to random people that enjoy the game. It just ends up making you look like a douche.
    I understand why people do it but I would not do it myself. Blizzard here is going to have to play whack-a-mole if this is how they've decided to combat ''toxicity''. It's a war they can't and won't win.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. I forgot that was the reason the stock investigation happened. The stock issues and the lawsuit has a very real chance of burying Blizzard as a company because I can definitely see Activision cutting them off like a tumor and throwing them under the bus.
    Not until WoW becomes unprofitable. And it's far from it. It's a massive cash cow. PR issues can be dealt with and memory holed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Anti-Toxicity tech. Ah yes.

Step 1: Remove /spit
    Step 2: Remove any group content
    Step 3: Remove any chat functionality
    Step 4: Make it a 100% single-player game

If they don't end up with Step 4 this game will always have toxicity issues. Removing the spit emote will change NOTHING.

That still wont change the fact that Warcraft's whole premise is to fight a race war Orcs & Humans (the literal name of the first Warcraft released game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Another emote bites the dust. It won't make a difference with regards to toxicity. If someone is just mindlessly spamming the /spit emote on another player (or any other emote really), that can already fall under the rules regarding harassment. All it does is take away from player interaction, especially for any role-playing groups. Hope the change doesn't go live on Retail (like what happened to /whistle).

good job, cannot /spit at other players, but you can still spit at the ground (aka the world blizzard created)

The timing of the /spit removal is absolutely fucking disgusting. You do NOT remove things like that when you are under a MAJOR investigation and scandal because it makes it look like you are trying to turn the public's anger against the players. You are trying to make people move on from the fact that someone committed SUICIDE from harrassment.

You all SUCK SO MUCH BLIZZARD. FUCK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE WAY.

I understand why people do it but I would not do it myself. Blizzard here is going to have to play whack-a-mole if this is how they've decided to combat ''toxicity''. It's a war they can't and won't win.

- - - Updated - - -

Not until WoW becomes unprofitable. And it's far from it. It's a massive cash cow. PR issues can be dealt with and memory holed.
    We're already seeing Blizzard's stock plummet so I'm not sure it will be that cash cow for much longer.

You can see what shitty tactic they are doing. They are threatening a MAJOR crackdown on "toxicity". This is a BLATANT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE. They are going to start banning all kinds of things to make the topic about x y z. MANY PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY OVER THIS.

That's the claim, but the firms that have announced suits are known ambulance chasers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    fact that someone committed SUICIDE from harrassment.
    She was fucking her boss, the harassment was ONE guy saying he THINKS that her picture MAY have been spread around.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

We're already seeing Blizzard's stock plummet so I'm not sure it will be that cash cow for much longer.
    Stock here is not the thing to watch out for, it's all psychological anyway. We should get their quarterly report soon so that'll be telling. But I don't expect anything hugely bad for them - engagement numbers might be down but I doubt if there'll be steep revenue/profit drop.

This is an attempt to make it look like the problem are the players, and they are trying to improve the game with pointless changes like this, punishing customers.