Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Those would be the major things I would do:
    All one bag.
    Auto sell grays.
    Auto repair.
    This. It's basic functionalities at this point.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Oh, I'd also love the ability to ignore bag slots from the sort function. At the moment you can ignore whole bags, but I usually have one row of stuff I want to stay in its place but the rest of the bag I want included in the sort. I can't find a working addon to do that, though. Especially for my bank.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There is nothing needed to be done. You being a packrat is on you, not the game.
    MMO's say Ohaiii

I think the average person should have zero bag space issues. You know -- casual players, altoholics, and those that switch mains often.

However, for people who have been playing the same character since 2004 like myself, we have serious bag issues.

I have been working with about 15-30 bag slots of inventory total for about four expansions.

At the very least, there should be a second reagent tab. Another void storage tab would be very welcomed as well.

Good lord, void storage-- if it wouldn't screw over so many people, that should be just be removed.

Items in the reagent tab should just stack infinitely. You try to withdraw from it, the click picks up a max normal stack. Problem solved.

Actually, every non-equippable and non-unique item should stack infinitely everywhere. I mean, why not? Is anyone saving up for larger bags these days? Hexweave bags are so cheap they're basically free, and 32 slotters are only a couple thou.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-07-30 at 08:45 PM.

Outside of raiding, what doesn't need at least a partial overhaul at this point? Literally everything else has rotted the fuck out from neglect.

They don't design anything other than half-baked temporary content anymore. The game hasn't seen anything actually new or meaningful done on the core since the start of Legion.

Look what it took for the AH to even be touched, and its problem had already appeared multiple times before. They will do ANYTHING to avoid actual fucking work at that studio nowadays.
    Last edited by Merin; 2021-07-31 at 02:49 AM.

Blizzard has basically sat on their ass and made mod creators fix their poorly designed game for ages. This isn't anything new.

They won't do anything about it, because they don't need to. The game's already a sinking ship.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My inventory is full of bugged quest items that didn’t disappear when I finished the quest, like voljin’s urn or renthral decree.
    Only thing I would ask for it’s a cross character regent bank like the one in gw2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Blizzard has basically sat on their ass and made mod creators fix their poorly designed game for ages. This isn't anything new.
    Every game that has mods has creators doing more then the developers. There is nothing wrong with that and Blizzard has implemented popular addon features into the game over the years. Including bag search/sort and ability to designate certain items to certain bags. Is it perfect? No. But people like customization and any developer would be hard to keep up with what an mod community can do.

For example anything short of making the Tbag addon the default official bag UI would be a waste for me.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

As a collector my bag slots (including void storage) are jam-packed with items like every tier set for my class, a bunch of unobtainables, and various bits and bobs that have varying uses or sentimentality (such as the first epic I ever got in the game). I'd love to see more bag slots, or another tab in void storage that you buy to get more space.

That said these are what I think should be done (some have been said, some maybe not - did a TL;DR):
    - Increase stack size on all crafting mats to 1000
    - Turn all items that have teleports from previous expansions into a toy, items that would qualify:
    + Direbrew's remote
    + All hearthstones to wherever they went to (including garrison and shipyard)
    + Kirin Tor rings
    + The cloaks you can buy that have varying CDs based on guild rep
    + TI trinket
    + The random teleporters
    + The item that takes you to Black Temple
    - If items convert to a currency, skip that step - just give us the currency and keep the bags emptier to get actual items... anima and cataloged research are prime examples of this
    - Aside from giving another tab in void storage (or two, even charge 5 or 10k to buy them each), remove the restrictions about what you can place in there

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I really think it's mostly the design of this expansion in particular. Normally I have 2 30 slot bags full of assorted necessities/less than necessities (I MIGHT NEED THAT NOGGENFOGGER ELIXIR, DAMN IT) leaving the rest for mats and assorted collected items. But with this expansion they both went back to Legion of having the artifact power be tied to physical items, BUT ALSO made it so you have to go back to your covenant to consume the items into power instead of using the items themselves by searching "artifact" in your bags and right clicking them.

Combine that clutter with all the new items tied to research and the 15 bag slots dedicated to my night fae garden, which every time I harvest it generates a small amount of a bunch of random resources, and I am struggling even with all 32 slot bags, a mammoth/yak, and the mailbox whistle.

Here we can see my teleport items, food, buffs, fishing items, glider kits, alcohol, counter-alcohol, appearance swapper (love those), music player, catalogued research obtainer, enchanting vellum, potions, pet bandages, * BREATHES * gear swaps for 3 specs, ve'nari maw/torghast items, darkness potions, runes, food for the start of pugs when they never let my healer regen mana, sparkle dust, portable black market AH, big bobbers for when I want to fish without paying attention...

* GASPS FOR BREATH *

korthia items, materials, unvendorables I don't know what they're for, and 12 different night fae garden items. Leaving me about 30 inventory spaces.
    you have so much junk there. starting with stuff like hearth of azeroth - just lol . do you really really need that on daily basis ? no you dont. do you daily teleport to timeless isle ? i bet you dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an issue though.. After reagent bank, appearance tab, and toy tab, I've had way too much space in my bags. Like, right now, on my main, I have 84 slots open in my bags

And that's with a couple stacks of buff food, normal food, flasks, invis pots, healing pots, healer pots, int pots, and oils. And 1 stack of engi resses, the soul trap, korthia teleporter repairs, rift keys, reflecting prism (and similar toys), and talent changing book

Oh, and a bunch of other gear I don't use, but keep in my bags because I might, as well as gear I use for other specs / content
    Oh, also a bunch of domination shards I can't use because I don't have domination sockets on my gear yet.
    And a bunch of legendaries for other specs / content

Granted I should probably fill up some of the empty slots with str pots too, but even then I'd have 80 open slots.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2021-07-31 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Items in the reagent tab should just stack infinitely. You try to withdraw from it, the click picks up a max normal stack. Problem solved.
    A kingdom for that one. I might be able to get by without having 3 bank alts just to store cloth..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    By now I am sure it is deliberate. Every grey item with a flavor text needed to be designed by some guy. Or for example all anima sources could be just called "Anima" and come in chunks of 250 and ..say...35 and 5. But no...there are tons of variations on each of them.

Yeah..it is deliberate to clutter your bags, make you waste time organizing them...and as such the inventory will not be overhauled. Not by Blizzard. In fact...the inventory is fine IMHO...they trash and clutter could be reduced and removed....and Blizzard clearly does not want it.
    This is such nonsense. You don't have to orghanzie anything and everything you listed is a you problem, not a game problem. There is absolutely no excuse for you having full bags and you wasting time on organizing things is because you have no self control and are a pack ra

It is basic indeeed, but you can also macro those and there are addons for it. Which ofc is no excuse to not have them.

I still agree, they are basic and could easily be in the game - just as other things that only addons offer.
    You wanting them doesn't mean the game absolutely has to have them either.

Imagine them knowing it and then deliberately not doing it so you waste time with organizing shit.

Hell...this crap was at one point part of your class "flavor" carrying reagents, arrows, soul shards.
    Once again they are not doing any of this. You are blaming them for your lack of self control. What you are describing is a player created probmem and not Blizzard's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I think the average person should have zero bag space issues. You know -- casual players, altoholics, and those that switch mains often.

However, for people who have been playing the same character since 2004 like myself, we have serious bag issues.

I have been working with about 15-30 bag slots of inventory total for about four expansions.

At the very least, there should be a second reagent tab. Another void storage tab would be very welcomed as well.
    I have been playing since 2004. I ahve No issues with bag space. Bering a pack rat is not the games fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    only issues i have with bags is due to anima items and korthia artifacts, and its not really bag issue - WHY ON EARTH do we have 21642574 different items when they all give 5 anima each?! there should be one green that give 5, one blue with 35 and one epic for 250, all stacking to some high numbers, and simmilar for korthia artefacts
    This. Don't tell me it's because "fluff" - there are better ways to get fluff than from mindless grind items.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Still these items fill your bag and you need to sell them.. Because these items do drop. But I suppose you can pass on that "problem" by not looting corpses? And my gutfeeling is that vendor trash has become more. Yeah...no data, shoot me.
    Because you have to hold them for eons instead of vendoring them right away? They put mounts with vendors on them in game for a reason. There is absolutely zero reason to be holding on to any vendor trash for any significant period of time. So it is a you problem if you are.

People asking for a "sell all button" by Blizzard hardly deserves your reply (and I already told you, I use a macro and don't really require Blizzard to add that button - so you might rather want to attack the guy I quoted)
    A button that will save you all of one minute at a vendor? That is a waste of development time.

Then there is the issue of anima. My reservoir is full, I DON'T want to spend 10 000 on a stupid portal to Oribos or have my mission folks heal 25% faster etc, so I am saving it for transmogs and mounts that come at renown 70 and higher. Weeks into the future. Until then I do acquire more anima and it is now actually 20 spaces of bags because all this various types.
    Then that is a you problem because you are creating it by your refusal to spend them where you can. The capo is 35K anima and nothing coats over 10, so there is absolutely no excuse here. Don't blame the game because you won't spend on an Oribos portal or the other options that you can get rid of it with.

There is zero problem making the reservoir hold 50k or it being 3 sizes and stack to 100 - unless it is deliberate. They ARE doing these things. These tons of grey and different flavor items exists. Stuff that is in the game is created by Blizzard. Obviously I am saying I THINK they do it for the reason I posted. They might not and that is your opinion to have.
    Correlation does not = causation. What they are expecting is for players not to be pack rats.

Just don't claim it as if you were present at the design meeting. Sure, they might just be doing it with the good intention of adding flavor to the game but it also is annoyingly filling the bags and I swear a designer should and can think of a better solution than going "A you problem, packrat"
    Yet you are acting like you were present at the design meeting by insisting they were being deliberate,. You are the one who is accusing them of things. How about you take your own advice here?

But yeah...ofc it is a me problem, because I could just NOT do quests that reward anima. How silly of me ^^
    It is a you problem because you refuse to usae options that Blizzard has available to keep you from filling your bags. You have the ability to spend your anima so that isn't a problem, but you refuse. You have the ability to immediate vendor all trash, but refuse to do so. Yet the game is to blame for your issues.

Add this: Suddenly we have pets that need 4 parts to be assembled from all over the world....random drops. So if you collect those...yep...you always have 1-3 items in your bags until you complete it. Ofc another thing Blizzard didn't do on purpose? Could be avoided by not collecting...sure.
    So you don't havee a bank? Because that is an additional 8 spots for 30 slot bags plus a reagent bank. This is being flat out ridiculous.

How many hearthstones do we have by now. But yeah...my problem that I want to travel and am not a mage. And my design choice that all teleport items take up bagspace and are not on a button.
    Blizzard has made toys that replace your original hearthstone so there is no reason to keep that at all. Your garrison hearthstone? Who uses that? Put it in your bank. The Dalaran one is the only one you might need and even then you don't need that as you now have a portal in Org/Sw to get to the Broken Isles. Yoj do not need those two hearths to travel. Not being able to live without them is a problem of laziness.

Meh...at least I got 8 extra slots from the new bags ^^
    If you actually got rid of things as you get them instead of always saying "I don't wanna" you wouldn't have a space issues. Everything you listed is a you problem, not a game one.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-07-31 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Same. I threw a few things in my bank a while ago, a special trink or some such, but I’d guess it has been years since I’ve opened it.

There’s plenty of space.
    I never got the hoarding of things in game.

"The Team thinks the Bag Janitoring profession is in a good place right now."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you have so much junk there. starting with stuff like hearth of azeroth - just lol . do you really really need that on daily basis ? no you dont. do you daily teleport to timeless isle ? i bet you dont.
    I farm for certain timeless isle rares like the one that drops the meteor and i use the HoA during timewalking, so yes.

And the BMAH portables is obviously so I can gawk at how expensive all the cool stuff is that I'll never obtain unless I resort to buying wow tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

yeah, agree my bags stay full... I do good to have 3-5 spaces free at any given time. Yes, I openly admit to being a packrat I even have old items needed to cast seals and such laying around. Crafting supplies bank should be unlimited though similar to how ESO is if you are a sub that would help me a ton personally and just makes sense.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22