Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I just wish everything I find offensive was removed from the game. Seems a little arbitrary.
    This!

A lot of people confuse offensive/annoying with harassment.

Talk about first world problems. One part of the world, people have to struggle for a piece of bread to not go to bed hungry. Another part, human beings made of the same flesh and bone bemoan the removal of a virtual emote.

Priorities people.

Aww. I leveled a new orc when TBC classic started and I was having fun /spit at every belf I saw.

Had one get mad and follow me across half of Ashenvale yelling insults.

Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    You are way overinspecting my reasons for disliking an emote. You do know that two people can simply disagree without throwing a temper tantrum about it and blaming some sort of imaginary boogeyman, right? This is getting old, and you aren't actually interested in discussing this at all.

I think the emote is stupid because spitting on someone can only be interpreted one way, and I really don't see the purpose of that emote existing. If you want to mald about neoliberals or feminism or SJWs be my guest, but you're barking up the wrong tree my dude.
    Thanks for your input, armchair psychologist on the internet! Unfortunately for you, your narrative that I'm somehow upset by this emote is lost on me because I haven't even played WoW since early-mid BfA, except for like...two days to level through shadowlands.

People can hate anything in a game and be just fine with it, but it's ironic that you'd claim that hating and taking offense to things is bad while also defending the emote used by children upset that you killed them in PvP. You're overanalyzing the term "hate" here though. I'm saying I think the emote is stupid and people are misunderstanding the reason why it was removed in the first place because this forum is full of people who don't touch grass.

I love how you completely ditched your previous arguing point to just fixate on something I was saying to try to make a point about an action. I'm not saying I'd beat the shit out of someone for spitting on me, I probably wouldn't because I'm tiny as hell and not capable of fighting anyone. I'm saying that in a role-playing game world it never made sense to me that people can casually do emotes that have no context other than to be a twat, that would likely instigate a fight if actually performed.

The role-playing part is really important. I stated it before, and I'll state it again just in case you missed it. If you can't figure this out then I think you're gonna need to go back to school, I'm not your mom and it's not my job to teach you how to read.
    No one has abandoned anything - i still find your logic entirely flawed, where you main argument, one you have repeated multiple times, is "its not acceptable because irl if you spit on someone you'll get your ass kicked". Yeah, and if you murder someone you go to prison, why are you not up in arms that murder in wow doesn't result in jail time? Your entire argument is baseless, and what is there, is logically flawed, where you blur the lines between reality and video games to such an extent, and with such frequency, that you seem incapable of separating the two.

Now you are flapping on about it only being used by "kids in pvp", and that im defending that? Didn you mention something about a strawman argument earlier? Holy textbook example, batman!. You say the role playing part is "really important" and yet the only justification for its removal you can give (and have given THREE times now) is that irl, if you spit on someone, it results in a physical altercation. Like i said, illogical and nonsensical.

Three times you have been asked to calrify why you think it should be removed - three times you have given THIS reply:

spitting on someone in a role play setting is grounds for being attacked.
    If you spit on someone IRL, that person is very likely either going to kick your ass or try to get someone else to kick your ass.
    It's a hostile action that doesn't really have any purpose and in a realistic situation would get your ass kicked.
    To me, it seems YOU have an issue with controlling your anger over a video game, and i find it extremely ironic that you yourself claim that its only "children" who use it in pvp, and yet it angers you SO MUCH you wish to physically assault them>? over a VIDEO GAME?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-07-31 at 05:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Just fucking grow up? emote spamming is something 12 year olds do, just fucking stop. Who cares if X emote is removed, I bet half you dont remember half the /silly /jokes that were there, who cares, just fucking grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Aww. I leveled a new orc when TBC classic started and I was having fun /spit at every belf I saw.

Had one get mad and follow me across half of Ashenvale yelling insults.

Good times!
    Some would say you ~~~harassed~~~ that Belf. *gasp*

You didn't, of course. You just annoyed him. Part and parcel of MMO's. Be it Rogue T-bagging your corpse in STV, people stealing your nodes while you fight the nearby monster or do what you did.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2021-07-31 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Just fucking grow up? emote spamming is something 12 year olds do, just fucking stop. Who cares if X emote is removed, I bet half you dont remember half the /silly /jokes that were there, who cares, just fucking grow up.
    The irony in this post is exceptional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvPers are the most oppressed group of people in WoW. If you didn't spit on your enemies after killing them, what's wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    PvPers are the most oppressed group of people in WoW. If you didn't spit on your enemies after killing them, what's wrong with you?
    Or that shaman/priest who fails to knock you off in AB at the mill, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Has nothing to do with being 'lefty' or not. And if you really wanted to play that game, people on the right are MUCH bigger snowflakes than those on the left.

EDIT: OOT: This is a pretty pansy change though and demonstrates how tone deaf Blizz continues to be.
    This is actually true. Multiple scholarly articles back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    This is actually true. Multiple scholarly articles back it up.
    Yeah of course, because the right is equating "misgendering" with physical violence and considers clapping for applause as a "micro-aggression"........

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah of course, because the right is equating "misgendering" with physical violence and considers clapping for applause as a "micro-aggression"........
    Yet you're here all triggered. Shrug. I honestly don't give a damn about an emote. lol. Only children cry about that shit.

Patch 9.1.5 will be patch of bigger changes. One of those might be the removal of the /lol emote because laughing at people could be considered offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Nah the right get more upset about things like dr suess books and getting banned from social media.
    Red StarBucks Cups. Crying about what people do in their own privacy. Using the "bible" as a guiding principle and yet not follow it, crying about black lives matter and responding it with a blue lives matter, everything ... THEY EVEN TYPE IN ALL CAPS!! SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIDEN IS A SATANIST WHO WENT TO CHURCH LEGITIMATELY WHILE TRUMP NEVER DID IN HIS LIFE! WE MUST BE MAD ABOUT PROGRESS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Talk about first world problems. One part of the world, people have to struggle for a piece of bread to not go to bed hungry. Another part, human beings made of the same flesh and bone bemoan being the target of a virtual emote.

Priorities people.
    I dunno. I feel like you wouldn't have made that comment towards the people bemoaning being spat on ingame to the point Blizzard made this change. Seems a little arbitrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Yet you're here all triggered. Shrug. I honestly don't give a damn about an emote. lol. Only children cry about that shit.
    When did I mention the emote? Seems like you're making shit up in your head

I never stop finding it fascinating when a person with thousands of posts on a video game forum, with a video game signature, tells others to
    -Grow up
    -Talking down to others by telling them they are engaged in an activity commonly shared with children
    -Asking them why they care about an activity that said poster finds meaningless
    The irony is palpable. It's like when people in the mid 2000s with Naruto or Sephiroth styled profiles tried to act mature and elitist. It just doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

The irony. Even having a signature similar to what people used to use in Runescape forums when they were 12.

I agree though that its not as big deal as people make it to be, your way of bringing it up is just extremely childish.
    Last edited by facefist; 2021-07-31 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I dunno. I feel like you wouldn't have made that comment towards the people bemoaning being spat on ingame to the point Blizzard made this change. Seems a little arbitrary.
    They are doing this because an absolute minority which gives them tremendous amounts of money made enough in-game tickets. And the bean counters got scared - ''wait, what?! Billy the Boosted got spat on twice in a week?! He's unhappy?! Fuck man, do something!''

10+ Year Old Account
    i would remove /facepalm too... just in case...
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.