Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    those links absolutely do not prove i am wrong. again, you are lying through your teeth if you tell me you think most people knew/were aware about cosby prior to 2014.
    I knew about Cosby before 2014 and I didn't even have internet at the time... I did have occasional access pretty sure there was some stuff on facebook/youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

ive never said no one knew. just that MOST people didnt. which is 100% true. otherwise it would never have blown up in the way it did. people were shocked by the news in 2014.
    People were shocked when the US gov admitted that they had covered up the extent of radiation exposure at bikini atol when they finally made official announcements recently... but anyone who even read a little history would have already known it was much worse than the official story. Same with Cosby anyone who paid attention realized something was not quite right as far back as the mid 2000s with all the rumors floating around. And this was before everyone had internet... There is very little chance that no one at Blizzard had either heard about or knew about Cosby at the time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...tm_name=iossmf Ah, yet another little gem.... Jfc.
    That is... like... really, really disgusting.

For those who won't read the article, a few key points:

• In August 2015 (...), Emily Mitchell, a security researcher who at the time was looking for a job, approached the Blizzard booth to see what positions were open at the company. (...) When she got to the table, she said she asked about the penetration testing position. Penetration testing, or pentesting, is the industry term for a security audit. Mitchell said she was wearing a t-shirt made by cybersecurity company SecureState, which had "Penetration Expert" on the front. One of the Blizzard employees first asked if she was lost, another one asked if she was at the conference with her boyfriend, and another one asked if she even knew what pentesting was.
    • Like the games industry, the cybersecurity industry has been reckoning for years with a male-dominated sexist culture within companies and at conferences, where male attendees routinely dismiss women, grope them, and harass them, as Motherboard reported in 2016.
    • In 2017, two years after the Black Hat incident, Blizzard reached out to Sagitta HPC, which is now called Terahash, looking to hire the company for security work. At the time, Mitchell was Chief Operating Officer at Sagitta HPC. When Mitchell saw Blizzard's request, she said she told the founder and CEO of the company Jeremi Gosney "fuck no," and shared the incident with him. Gosney then wrote a scathing email to Blizzard employees outlining the incident.
    • "We decided to post a redacted screenshot of the email to Twitter to let other prospective clients know that we don't tolerate misogynistic bullshit, but also to let Blizzard know that we were dead serious," Mitchell told Waypoint. Three sources who have read the unredacted email confirmed to Waypoint that the redacted company is Blizzard.
    • Blizzard declined to comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    That is a MASSIVE lawfirm. Calling it a union busting firm isnt right. Like calling anyone who defended someone who was guilty of murder as a 'murder supporter'
    If they were GUILTY of murder, they would be murder supporters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    If they were GUILTY of murder, they would be murder supporters...
    Yes, 6th amendment be damned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Mitchell said she was wearing a t-shirt made by cybersecurity company SecureState, which had "Penetration Expert" on the front.
    I'd buy that shirt. Just to bait poorly socialized morons into sexual harassment. It's an intentional double entendre.
    Last edited by Femininity; 2021-07-31 at 03:42 AM.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    those links absolutely do not prove i am wrong. again, you are lying through your teeth if you tell me you think most people knew/were aware about cosby prior to 2014.
    The discussion is not about most people. It's about a very specific group of men who were well connected to the entertainment industry in Los Angeles and had been since the mid-2000s.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Yes, 6th amendment be damned.
    Where did I say they were not entitled to an attorney, a speedy trial, or presumed guilty. If found guilty of murder, then what do you call the people that support them? "Murder supporters".

We can play with words all day, but what does it matter? Did you make a point or did you just want me to know that you think the single word here, "supporter", is incorrect and I must adhere to your sense of vocabulary and justice in order to appease your even bigger sense of OCD? Maybe?

I am at a loss for what it is you need...

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You literally can't say 99% of people didn't know because there is absolutely no way for you to actually know that.
    Actually I can. The US has less than 5% of the worlds population and 75% of the US population is an adult and we know for a fact the majority of people in the US didn't know. Not even alot of people from Cosby's hometown even knew when they were the ones to publish articles before 2014 about his possible rapes.

So unless you are going to try and bullshit me and say humanity has some kind of secret hive mind I am correct in saying 99% of people didn't know before Hannibal did his show in Philadelphia.

Wikipedia only found 2 pre 2014 articles about it. You wanna prove 51% of people knew about it find more articles for them.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-07-31 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Actually I can. The US has less than 5% of the worlds population and 75% of the US population is an adult and we know for a fact the majority of people in the US didn't know. Not even alot of people from Cosby's hometown even knew when they were the ones to publish articles before 2014 about his possible rapes.

So unless you are going to try and bullshit me and say humanity has some kind of secret hive mind I am correct in saying 99% of people didn't know before Hannibal did his show in Philadelphia.

Wikipedia only found 2 pre 2014 articles about it. You wanna prove 51% of people knew about it find more articles for them.
    No we do NOT know for a fact that the majority of people didn't know. That's 100% speculation on your part.

No we do NOT know for a fact that the majority of people didn't know. That's 100% speculation on your part.
    Are you disputing that the majority of the worlds population isn't in the US?

Find some proof then. Literally all Wikipedia found was 2 Philadelphia articles. The only person speculating is you. You are litterally claiming that atleast 51% of the worlds population somehow knew about Cosby when most of the US didn't even know. Hannibal went for 6 months touring with people just believing it was a joke.

Are you disputing that the majority of the worlds population isn't in the US?

Find some proof then. Literally all Wikipedia found was 2 Philadelphia articles. The only person speculating is you. You are litterally claiming that atleast 51% of the worlds population somehow knew about Cosby when most of the US didn't even know. Hannibal went for 6 months touring with people just believing it was a joke.
    I'm saying there is absolutely no concrete way of proving that the majority of people didn't know. You can quote percentages all you want but it's still speculation. And as MoanaLisa said, the guys who made the name of the suite likely knew about all the Cosby cases since they are both part of the entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The discussion is not about most people. It's about a very specific group of men who were well connected to the entertainment industry in Los Angeles and had been since the mid-2000s.
    yeah game devs, super well connected and in the inner circle of A-list celebs (even insinuating MOST celebs knew about cosby is disingenuous and has no backing, pure speculation). lmfao i heard GC was going out with jennifer lawrence last weekend and ion is working with michael bay on the thrall live action movie.

I'm saying there is absolutely no concrete way of proving that the majority of people didn't know. You can quote percentages all you want but it's still speculation. And as MoanaLisa said, the guys who made the name of the suite likely knew about all the Cosby cases since they are both part of the entertainment industry.
    or much more likely, they had no idea about cosby, like nearly everyone else in the world in 2013.

First off thats not how facts and statistics work. You have no proof the majority of people in the entertainment industry knew. What we do know is that Hannibal went on tour for 6 months and every place he went thought it was a joke. Even in Philadelphia they thought it was a joke and were pissed because that's Cosby's hometown so he told them too google it. Using sample sizes you can extrapolate that since all his tour spots didn't believe it even though these were people connected to the entertainment industry as they went to comedy clubs that the majority of people didn't know. You find me some evidence that billions of people around the world knew about it. You can't. Wikipedia was only able to reference 2 fucking Philadelphia articles and that was it.

People on the comedy route didn't even know and yet you believe a couple of Randoms from Blizzard knew about it and then took a public picture? Obviously you want it to be true because you have so much hate in your heart. Also you are disrespecting the victims by saying they should have known it was a rape room by the Cosby name since they too are in the majority and work in the entertainment industry.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-07-31 at 05:24 AM.

Cosby was making a new show for NBC in 2014, set to air in 2015

https://deadline.com/2014/07/tca-nbc...arring-803358/

Cosby had a Thanksgiving special he did for Netflix that was due to come out in November 2014

https://decider.com/2021/06/30/bill-...tflix-special/

Tell me more about how everyone in the entertainment business and California knew about him before October 2014, let alone computer nerds in Irvine.

Just stop.

First off thats not how facts and statistics work. You have no proof the majority of people in the entertainment industry knew. What we do know is that Hannibal went on tour for 6 months and every place he went thought it was a joke. Even in Philadelphia they thought it was a joke and were pissed because that's Cosby's hometown so he told them too google it. Using sample sizes you can extrapolate that since all his tour spots didn't believe it even though these were people connected to the entertainment industry as they went to comedy clubs that the majority of people didn't know. You find me some evidence that billions of people around the world knew about it. You can't. Wikipedia was only able to reference 2 fucking Philadelphia articles and that was it.

People on the comedy route didn't even know and yet you believe a couple of Randoms from Blizzard knew about it and then took a public picture? Obviously you want it to be true because you have so much hate in your heart. Also you are disrespecting the victims by saying they should have known it was a rape room by the Cosby name since they too are in the majority and work in the entertainment industry.
    I'm not the one sitting here claiming to have all the facts despite having absolutely no proof that what I'm saying is 100% accurate. I said people likely knew. You're saying that the vast majority of people didn't know and that you are 100% correct in saying it. You have no proof. I also posted a link chronicling Cosby's history of being a sexual predator. These were not private cases.

You're basing your entire argument on a couple of comedy shows and saying that proves that people didn't know until Hannibal said it. That's asinine. I've supplied a link to Cosby's history. Now either show your OWN articles that prove without a doubt that the vast majority of the people in the USA had absolutely no idea that Cosby had a history of being charged with sexual assault and harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Cosby was accused, and it was made public, long before the 2013 photo of them posing with a framed picture of him. It just didn’t became mainstream in the media until 2014, and then that was followed with many more victims stepping forward.
    Why in the world would they publicly tweet about it if they supposedly knew about what Cosby did. The simpler and more logical answer is that it was literally a reference to the sweaters he used to wear. Not hard to comprehend there were like 200 replies to that tweet not a single on talking about what Cosby supposedly did. The only previous accusation was the early 2000s and it went nowhere. Stop looking for stuff that isn't there when there is plenty already to take them to task on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    As stated to other people, it’s quite possible that it was an off the cuff joke that took on a life of its own. I’ve never stated that Blizzard employees ever assaulted anyone. I’ve only stated that it’s quite possible it has nothing to do with ugly walls or carpet, especially when the walls in the photos are white.

- - - Updated - - -

There possibly was. We don’t know. There very well could have been people going “that’s just wrong.” Just not in a manner that made them give pause or any deep thought to it.
    It’s also very easy to get caught up in a joke without ever realizing that it’s gone too far. Just look at how many celebrities we have today apologizing for jokes they’ve made in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

That somehow changes the point?
    The original room had carpeting that was similar to the sweatshirt thereafter w/e the hangout room was would be termed as the cosby suite which I would assume stopped after the accusations became known but who knows. There is a reason they had a portrait of him with them before seeing the room it's because w/e the hangout was got called the cosby suite in honor of their old boardroom.

Also the Jackson allegations were known by everyone the Cosby ones were not until 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    As I've said to others, factors that could be considered low hanging fruit (i.e.: factors that could easily be identified by anyone, even laypersons) will have already been taken into account in adjusted wage gaps. So, for clarity, there are two wage gaps:
    (1) Raw/Unadjusted Gender Pay Gap; this is the average pay for men and women (i.e.: this is where the 0.75:1.00 comes from).
    (2) Adjusted Gender Pay Gap; this is the pay gap that takes into consideration age, education, occupation, etc. (i.e.: controls for factors that could affect wages).

In my post the first source refers to (1), and the second source shows (1) and (2), showing both the unadjusted and adjusted pay gaps.
    And Adjusted is largely accounted for in that men are encouraged to fight for increased salary early on while in women that's seen as a negative. Not saying that's right but that's where most the remaining gap comes from.

I'm not the one sitting here claiming to have all the facts despite having absolutely no proof that what I'm saying is 100% accurate. I said people likely knew. You're saying that the vast majority of people didn't know and that you are 100% correct in saying it. You have no proof. I also posted a link chronicling Cosby's history of being a sexual predator. These were not private cases.

You're basing your entire argument on a couple of comedy shows and saying that proves that people didn't know until Hannibal said it. That's asinine. I've supplied a link to Cosby's history. Now either show your OWN articles that prove without a doubt that the vast majority of the people in the USA had absolutely no idea that Cosby had a history of being charged with sexual assault and harassment.
    Look at the post above you and my posts with links. You are claiming they likely knew with no proof what so ever. You even ignore the fact that they made a public photo in the room. Where is your proof that they likely knew? I stated the fact that over 95% of the people on the planet don't live in the US.

Also your claims mean that all the women should have known as well. Are you claiming every woman went willingly into a room named after a rapist?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-07-31 at 06:35 AM.

Look at the post above you and my posts with links. You are claiming they likely knew with no proof what so ever. Where is your proof that they likely knew? I stated the fact that over 95% of the people on the planet don't live in the US.

Also your claims mean that all the women should have known as well. Are you claiming every woman went willingly into a room named after a rapist?
    Unlike you, I acknowledging that I'm speculating. Because there's no way for me to know without a doubt either. Also, of course the entire WORLD didn't know about it. I'm sure there's massive scandals that happen in other countries but I don't hear about it because I don't live there. So bringing up the population of the entire world is just a strawman.

As far as your other point, a more likely scenario is that them calling it the Cosby Suite might have been something they called it only around each other and didn't tell women they invited that it was called the Cosby Suite. Once again, pure speculation because we just don't have any concrete evidence to say either one of us is 100% right. So stop acting like your speculation is gospel.

Unlike you, I acknowledging that I'm speculating. Because there's no way for me to know without a doubt either. Also, of course the entire WORLD didn't know about it. I'm sure there's massive scandals that happen in other countries but I don't hear about it because I don't live there. So bringing up the population of the entire world is just a strawman.

As far as your other point, a more likely scenario is that them calling it the Cosby Suite might have been something they called it only around each other and didn't tell women they invited that it was called the Cosby Suite. Once again, pure speculation because we just don't have any concrete evidence to say either one of us is 100% right. So stop acting like your speculation is gospel.
    Yeah but you are speculating by ignoring evidence. The evidence is that the majority of people didn't know in 2013, Cosby was still getting shows planned in 2013, that the Blizzard devs took a public photo in the room with a picture of Cosby and that none of the private chats that were revealed showed any knowledge of Cosby being a rapist.

I said the majority of people didn't know because all evidence we have points to the majority of people not knowing until Hannibal pissed off a bunch of Philadelphians and they went to prove him wrong and found out he was right. Why was Wikipedia only able to find 2 articles pre 2014 and both were in Philadelphia? Why can't you find any proof otherwise?

Yeah but you are speculating by ignoring evidence. The evidence is that the majority of people didn't know in 2013, Cosby was still getting shows planned in 2013, that the Blizzard devs took a public photo in the room with a picture of Cosby and that none of the private chats that were revealed showed any knowledge of Cosby being a rapist.

I said the majority of people didn't know because all evidence we have points to the majority of people not knowing until Hannibal pissed off a bunch of Philadelphians and they went to prove him wrong and found out he was right. Why was Wikipedia only able to find 2 articles pre 2014 and both were in Philadelphia? Why can't you find any proof otherwise?
    You know you are stating that the information was on Google, which, last I checked, was a readily available source of information for anyone that wanted to look anything up. It’s entirely possible that quite a few people knew, other than 1 comedian.
    It’s been stated multiple times that it didn’t become mainstream before him. That doesn’t mean that it wasn’t out there for people to know or find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Why in the world would they publicly tweet about it if they supposedly knew about what Cosby did. The simpler and more logical answer is that it was literally a reference to the sweaters he used to wear. Not hard to comprehend there were like 200 replies to that tweet not a single on talking about what Cosby supposedly did. The only previous accusation was the early 2000s and it went nowhere. Stop looking for stuff that isn't there when there is plenty already to take them to task on.

- - - Updated - - -

The original room had carpeting that was similar to the sweatshirt thereafter w/e the hangout room was would be termed as the cosby suite which I would assume stopped after the accusations became known but who knows. There is a reason they had a portrait of him with them before seeing the room it's because w/e the hangout was got called the cosby suite in honor of their old boardroom.

Also the Jackson allegations were known by everyone the Cosby ones were not until 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

And Adjusted is largely accounted for in that men are encouraged to fight for increased salary early on while in women that's seen as a negative. Not saying that's right but that's where most the remaining gap comes from.
    Like I’ve said in numerous posts, it’s extremely likely that it was all a joke that spiraled out of control. At the time, any allegations against Cosby, the proverbial family man that could do no wrong and no one could believe could do such a thing, we’re just that. Allegations. All charges and claims, up to then, were dropped due to lack of evidence.
    A bunch of friends hanging out and making dark jokes about something is entirely plausible. I never said that people in Blizzard posted these things and posted on social media showing that they are celebrating being rapists, or glorifying one. At the time, Cosby was an innocent man, so posting things like this don’t imply what you think I’m trying to say they imply.

As to your 2nd point, we’ve had different people give different explanations as to why it was called the Cosby suite. Someone said carpet. Someone said walls. I think there was even a 3rd reason given. I’d have to reread the article to check if a 3 reason was given.
    Also, what’s it matter if Jackson WQs known by everyone? The information about Cosby was on Google, hence anyone could readily know about it. It just wasn’t mainstream. The point about Jackson, compared to Cosby, is that even after all the allegations about Michael there were millions of people who flocked to his concert because he was never found guilty. Much like anything concerning Cosby at the time with getting new entertainment deals and jokes made about him.

As far as your other point, a more likely scenario is that them calling it the Cosby Suite might have been something they called it only around each other and didn't tell women they invited that it was called the Cosby Suite.
    You could also speculate that they didn't even tell all men, or even one person thought of it and never told anyone else - but just had a joke on the rest.

However, it seems there was a previous Cosby suite. Did something happen there? That's primarily of interest to see how systematic the sexual harassments were, and if there was nothing sexual there it would sort of disprove the idea that it was named after Cosby's sexual assaults.

So, why did the law-suit report that it was named after Cosby's sexual assaults? Did someone come forth and say that (and were they telling the truth)? If we look at Kotaku it more seems that some employees speculated that it was based on Cosby's sexual assaults - without knowing if it were the case; and it's entirely possible that they had that idea after the Cosby allegations exploded in 2014; and the law-suit allegation is based on that.
    That's not good for the government's case.