Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's just wild because he's always seemed like a diehard WoW fan. Seeing all these content creators quit is making wonder how Blizzard can even recover from this. Especially with the OTHER investigation being brought against them regarding them potentially lying to shareholders about how much their stock was actually worth.
    Holy !@#$... Is there another investigation? Honest question, because I really wasn't expecting things to become any worse (for Blizzard) than they are now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Seems they want to create a nontoxic environment, or somewhat nontoxic, like what FFXIV has. As they clearly see that is what players want. In that case WoW has a really really long way to go. This is only one step out of many.
    In that case, removing stuff like the M+ timer would serve them much better, instead of this purely cosmetic "change".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Can no longer spit on players'

AS George Carlin said- "The pussyfication continues"

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Holy !@#$... Is there another investigation? Honest question, because I really wasn't expecting things to become any worse (for Blizzard) than they are now lol.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/investo...against-323598

Couldn't I just do "/emote spits on you" anyway?

noooo, not the heckin stockerinos, they told me these investments were safe. Why can't gamers just consoom like they're told to by the marketing materials?! Plz buy more store mounts for the sake of my savings and bobby's fifth yacht.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    First, shut up, there are valid issues.

Second, Asmon gold is the furthest thing from "woke" in the community, aside from his own fanbase. I've heard he has in the past been the one encouraging his fans to /spit on players using store mounts and I have no problem believing that to be the case.

He himself has valid criticisms of the game but they're all wrapped up in exactly the kind of toxicity that eventually blossoms into what's been going on at Blizzard.
    Bro I obviously was referring to the weasel Jeremy Feasel.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Hahaha, that's a great way to say to people that the harassment complaints in their companie are a joke.
    If the whining victims are the same kind of people that's deserved.

They say they take it seriously and at the same time make it a joke.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-07-31 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they remove /spit, what will then be the new correct way to greet en elf in-game, hence forward?

Anti-toxicity tech from a bunch of fake-woke posers. I can't wait to see what that looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Couldn't I just do "/emote spits on you" anyway?
    Yes, and I'm sure people will do that, and much, much more, because Blizzard once again fails to understand their own playerbase, and what they'll do, or how they think.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2021-07-31 at 06:13 AM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

"A lot of the flirt lines are super sexual. Should we remove some?"
    "Lmao no just disable the spit emote."

I can't tell if Blizzard is trolling or if they think this is a change people wanted.
    I can't tell if you're genuinely upset at flirt lines. Are you trying to outdo Blizzard being woke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

I mean come on. Of course the first step they take is defend the feelings of those that spent extra money. Nevermind their own predatory and toxic designs, no the sheep were upset to be made fun of for spending money in the cash shop so Blizzard springs to action. glord

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I can't tell if you're genuinely upset at flirt lines. Are you trying to outdo Blizzard being woke?
    I'm mocking Blizzard. There are far more offensive things in the game but instead they chose a stupid emote. Like....a lot of the flirts are cringey and overly sexual. You'd think if they actually took the lawsuit seriously, they'd do something about that first to try and save face. I'm not upset about the flirt lines. I'm just surprised they didn't touch the sexual flirt lines considering the lawsuit they're dealing with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I mean come on. Of course the first step they take is defend the feelings of those that spent extra money. Nevermind their own predatory and toxic designs, no the sheep were upset to be made fun of for spending money in the cash shop so Blizzard springs to action. glord
    I didn't even think of this. You're absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Because the parameters are different. You're not ACTUALLY killing anyone - they come back to life immediately, no harm done. But the emotional damage done by toxic behaviors has real and lasting consequences. Characters dying in-game does not.

This isn't about what's being done to CHARACTERS, it's about what's being done to PLAYERS.
    So PvP/killing other players in the game is out of scope because its "just a game", but another action IN THE GAME is somehow now IN SCOPE and causing emotional harm??? huh?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did the 'ignore' functionality stop working or what?

I'm sure there's ways around this and it won't stop til they take a critical look at their own greed.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    However spiting was in the game from the beginning 15 year later it's removed, hmmm
    I've played since vanilla, spit was never overused. It was very uncommon.. today's player base is far more toxic than it used to be, and it doesn't just apply to this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So uhm... the spit emote is gone then, but then you can still do '/e spits on <name>' for the same effect. Right?

So much for "they're just removing references to Afrasiabi". This is silly.

Not everything has to sanitized. "Offensive" stuff in-game isn't the problem, some of your sick-in-the-head employees are. Kick out the bad employees and that's it. That's fine.

People getting offended by a /spit emote in a game have bigger issues they should get checked instead of removing this.

/target Jeremy Feasel
    /spit

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    First, shut up, there are valid issues.

Second, Asmon gold is the furthest thing from "woke" in the community, aside from his own fanbase. I've heard he has in the past been the one encouraging his fans to /spit on players using store mounts and I have no problem believing that to be the case.

He himself has valid criticisms of the game but they're all wrapped up in exactly the kind of toxicity that eventually blossoms into what's been going on at Blizzard.
    The only "valid issue" is the employees at Blizzard who have done this crap, and the management that allowed it.

Nothing in-game is legitimately harmful. If /spit, /flirt, etc. really bother someone, they need to either leave their bubble or sever themselves from society. Not expect everyone to sanitize everything to cater to their over-sensitivity.