Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    See, I don't really understand this.

Blood Elves are light-wielding Elves, but their doesn't seem to be this huge "overtake" and "push" for Blood Knight lore. I mean, yes - we had Silvermoon Blood Knights and Silvermoon Magisters command the Arathi Highlands warfront, but then during the warfronts, the Honorbound Arcanists were all Blood Elves and Nightborne. Plus, we saw all 3 main sectors of Sin'dorei society in Nazmir, with Blood Knights, Blood Mages and Farstriders

Then in 8.2, the main Blood Elves that you saw were all Farstriders.

I actually think Blood Elves have gotten some well balanced attention across all 3 main sections.

The Magisters have, in most cases, always played a part in Blood Elf lore development. The only time this didn't happen was in Cataclysm during 4.1, when High Elven and Blood Elven Rangers worked together to defeat the Amani.
    It's Farstriders that have been the least developed. But the most prominent characters have been Light users and rangers. I guess if you look at Thalassians as one race, then this may hold tree, while the blood elf sector hasn't shown much far strider ranger activity, it's bene alive amongst the void elves through Alleria and the high elves through VEreesa as well as the Darkfallen through Sylvanas - they really dominate every Thalasisan character, including every blood elf one.

But seeing they aren't blood elves, if you only view htem in their separate camps then you'd be right.. but still screen time has been a lot more for the Light wielding Liadrin than any magister, and even Lor'themar (a ranger) who's had increased time has bene nothing about rangers.

Personally I just don't feel we are connecting to the Farstriders as much.. the magister connection is there, but it's passive compared ot the humans despite it's dominance in the background (similar to the Order of Elune in much of the night elf portrayal in wow), it's there but always backseat to a druid (night elf) or paladin (blood elf)

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    It's Farstriders that have been the least developed. But the most prominent characters have been Light users and rangers. I guess if you look at Thalassians as one race, then this may hold tree, while the blood elf sector hasn't shown much far strider ranger activity, it's bene alive amongst the void elves through Alleria and the high elves through VEreesa as well as the Darkfallen through Sylvanas - they really dominate every Thalasisan character, including every blood elf one.

But seeing they aren't blood elves, if you only view htem in their separate camps then you'd be right.. but still screen time has been a lot more for the Light wielding Liadrin than any magister, and even Lor'themar (a ranger) who's had increased time has bene nothing about rangers.

Personally I just don't feel we are connecting to the Farstriders as much.. the magister connection is there, but it's passive compared ot the humans despite it's dominance in the background (similar to the Order of Elune in much of the night elf portrayal in wow), it's there but always backseat to a druid (night elf) or paladin (blood elf)
    Well, in racial pride expansion, hopefully that can change.

I do think that the Blood Elves losing the Sunwell (not Silvermoon, absolutely not), can actually be the making of giving the Magisters and Farstriders an increased presence.
    Could replace the Sunwell with a huge magical Blood Crystal, which taps into the leylines of Quel'Thalas, which saturates the Blood Elves' craving for magic - becoming both slightly darker, but not losing the lands that are vital to them.
    Blood Elf Mage players and Blood Elf Warlock players work with Rommath to get this Blood Crystal from the Outland to Quel'Thalas (with Warlocks also sneaking in a few Fel Crystals, underneath Keleen's Tailoring Shop.)

While it DOES look very cool, from a lore PoV it SEEMS like it is time to abandon Elune as a goddess, so it wouldn't make much sense to give this to us now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If it means looking like Elune-rande, then i would gladly sacrifice a kidney or 2 to become a sock puppet as well.
    You'd probably have to sacrifice several thousand souls of your countrymen
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    I smell that they are building something up with elune and tyrande for the next X-Pac. Yes some might not like that tyrande choose renewal but it's good for the rest of the Kaldorei crew chilling in stormwind, Feralas and mount hyjal. It means that she comes out of this X-Pac stronger than before and got back her control. There is also a monologue when you chat with her while she walks back from the talk to astarii where she confirms that she didn't lost the power but can now control it. Smells a bit like void elves finding strength in the previously super evil void when they control it.
    So long story short I think they will reserve this look to a night warrior class or subclass of warriors. Maybe they introduce subclasses soon who knows. They like "choice" now
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

It would come. As part of a Night Warrior class customization, not Night elves'.
    You guys need to realize that they seed things in game to hype players up. They already know players would want that as part of their playable characters, so they're "checking the ground" for feedback before implementing it with the Night Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I smell that they are building something up with elune and tyrande for the next X-Pac. Yes some might not like that tyrande choose renewal but it's good for the rest of the Kaldorei crew chilling in stormwind, Feralas and mount hyjal. It means that she comes out of this X-Pac stronger than before and got back her control. There is also a monologue when you chat with her while she walks back from the talk to astarii where she confirms that she didn't lost the power but can now control it. Smells a bit like void elves finding strength in the previously super evil void when they control it.
    So long story short I think they will reserve this look to a night warrior class or subclass of warriors. Maybe they introduce subclasses soon who knows. They like "choice" now
    I would prefer this comes part of a night elf additional customisations than a night warrior specific skin

5+ Year Old Account
    Just no. Night elves need to stop being so self centered. Nordrassil casualties are minimal comparing to the whole universe. First I believe there is something that needs to be done for constellars in order to have their beautifuil celestial look. Children of stars, pfft.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-31 at 09:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I would prefer this comes part of a night elf additional customisations than a night warrior specific skin
    This would also be very nice indeed!
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Just roll a druid and take that glyph !

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It would come. As part of a Night Warrior class customization, not Night elves'.
    You guys need to realize that they seed things in game to hype players up. They already know players would want that as part of their playable characters, so they're "checking the ground" for feedback before implementing it with the Night Warrior.
    But the stars thing is a fundamental part and parcel of the Kaldorei = children of the stars.

there needs to be a magical representation of this in the customisation. This arcane stellar focus has been tied to the race from conception and their name relates.

furthermore we see all their classes - Mage, Druid , priest wielding this arcane version of magic which speaks to their arcane origin and Elune connection.

it shouldn’t be limited to the night warrior only. Priests, druids, mages in particular should have access to this. But I don’t see why rogues and hunters who
    have magical components and are also Night elves connected to the well of eternity and linked to the stars and also Elune’s favoured children regardless of class to have this.

chalk it down to some night elves just being more attuned to the stars than others and that can be any class.

however it does fit the magical classes of Mage, Priest and Druid the most, more so than black eyes.

if black eyes is available to all night elves then at least having this stars effect should be available to all night elves as it is fundamentally their racial thing.

The night to hide and shroud and the moon and stars to illuminate (whether to exact justice and punishment or to heal and restore)

if night warrior becomes a skin fit a class or it’s own class - it’s fine it will have access to thus customisation too. But will probably get more detail. Although I think it would be more changes in the gear set and abilities than specific tattoos.

I think a night warrior class would have something like Tyrande had in the cinematic vs Sylvanas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Just no. Night elves need to stop being so self centered. Nordrassil casualties are minimal comparing to the whole universe. First I believe there is something that needs to be done for constellars in order to have their beautifuil celestial look. Children of stars, pfft.
    2 gencides ? Loss of a global advanced civilisation and destruction of an emerging one only a few years after a nearly 10,000 year wilderness isolation experience of penance and world guardianship and it is selfish to expect some serious restoration?

every night elf group we meet has great devastation in addition to the devastation during the first legion invasion.

the Hyjal group gets wiped out in BFA
    the Suramar group get nearly wiped out in Legion
    the Farondis group are all wiped out existing as incorporeal beings on some sort of magical curse like they are phased out of time and place.
    the Eldre’thalas group is also nearly wiped out when we visit them in Dire Maul.

Yes others have experienced loss. But this group is one of the biggest in terms of casualties and a major playable race with a full faction level of diversity , depth and range when you count everything pre-sundering and long vigil which both have lots of content written and designed over.

Asking fir the relevant and cooler facets to be available to the people who play the race, whether it is star customisations of arcane Elune power or an incredible looking pre-sundering night elf grade city as a capital and serious show of their capabilities, powers and assets like the swell of Eternity, world
    tree and Elune isn’t much to ask after grinding them into the dust for so long.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes others have experienced loss. But this group is one of the biggest in terms of casualties
    Oh I assure you that you are wrong! I'm not speaking about Azeroth only but other realms as well. We do need restoration of course but we need to help Elune and others too. Those realms are connected so we are in a really bad situation now and I doubt we can fix this without time travel. Our planet is just a cell of one constellar and one of them just died in the Maw. Just think about the genocide now.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-07-31 at 11:58 AM.

But the stars thing is a fundamental part and parcel of the Kaldorei = children of the stars.

there needs to be a magical representation of this in the customisation. This arcane stellar focus has been tied to the race from conception and their name relates.

furthermore we see all their classes - Mage, Druid , priest wielding this arcane version of magic which speaks to their arcane origin and Elune connection.

it shouldn’t be limited to the night warrior only. Priests, druids, mages in particular should have access to this. But I don’t see why rogues and hunters who
    have magical components and are also Night elves connected to the well of eternity and linked to the stars and also Elune’s favoured children regardless of class to have this.

chalk it down to some night elves just being more attuned to the stars than others and that can be any class.

however it does fit the magical classes of Mage, Priest and Druid the most, more so than black eyes.

if black eyes is available to all night elves then at least having this stars effect should be available to all night elves as it is fundamentally their racial thing.

The night to hide and shroud and the moon and stars to illuminate (whether to exact justice and punishment or to heal and restore)

if night warrior becomes a skin fit a class or it’s own class - it’s fine it will have access to thus customisation too. But will probably get more detail. Although I think it would be more changes in the gear set and abilities than specific tattoos.

I think a night warrior class would have something like Tyrande had in the cinematic vs Sylvanas
    Elune doesn't just bestow her powers upon anyone. Only her most devoted followers. It is the equivalent of having Demon Hunter tattoos exclusive to Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It looks amazing but hope for it to not happen since it is a connection to full Elune empowerment.

I could accept the eyes at a stretch but the rest should feel more special.
    I imagine it could end up as some kind of future expansion Elune covenant transmog.

Do eeeet, DO IT!!! I'll swap 3 of my void elves back to night elf is so. I mean, its a winwin for blizzard, think of all that money from race changes.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Elune doesn't just bestow her powers upon anyone. Only her most devoted followers. It is the equivalent of having Demon Hunter tattoos exclusive to Demon Hunters.
    Night elves are her favoured children, she will probably give them more power or access to her power after what she pulled.

That’s one way they could explain it.

Another way is to simply let people know this is an effect that happens when night elves call on the stars a lot whether via Elune or their own arcane power

The Customisation doesn’t have to be eo

10+ Year Old Account
    How cute of you to think Blizzard will add any new customization in the next 10 years after this year's Blizzcon gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    While it DOES look very cool, from a lore PoV it SEEMS like it is time to abandon Elune as a goddess, so it wouldn't make much sense to give this to us now.
    It looks cool, plenty of reason for me.

Lorewise, there's zero reason for NE players to have the Night warrior eyes either, since Tyrande was the only one who actually became the Night warrior (For whatever good it did her), so making sense in the lore apparently isn't a factor anyway.

No thank you to the star customisation.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    It looks cool, plenty of reason for me.

Lorewise, there's zero reason for NE players to have the Night warrior eyes either, since Tyrande was the only one who actually became the Night warrior (For whatever good it did her), so making sense in the lore apparently isn't a factor anyway.
    That was my thought too.

Especially since the stars, Elune, the arcane are all intrinsic parts of the race. This is a natural expression I know night elf fans have been wanting for a while.