Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Good riddance. The "lets spit on store mount buyers on TBC classic realms"-movement was disgusting as hell.
    That doesn't stop players from using other emotes or just using /e. We'll find a way to tell mount buyers how disgusting we feel that practice is.

10+ Year Old Account
    What will be be the new correct way to greet an elf, if the remove /spit???
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What will be be the new correct way to greet an elf, if the remove /spit???
    If it's female, you /moan. If it's male, you /moon.

Or the reverse, for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    The removal is pure bs. But I believe it is entirely unrelated, more like preventing people to easily insult the cash shop clients.
    Not like you can't just "/me spits on >player name here<"
    yeah .... entirely unrelated .... now that the shit has hit the fans about their toxic workplace and told the players they're part of the problem if they complain about the next patch behind delayed, the're "looking toward anti-toxicity tech as a critical feature." but it's entirely unrelated ....

they're not fighting toxicity at the right place, but they're fighting toxicity now, with all their good will. it's all for show, trying to save face because of the lawsuit. "look, we're not that bad! since we're under the spotlight with a lawsuit and stock price are falling, we did this and that to fight toxicity... in the game..."
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-07-31 at 06:26 AM.

You move like a pregnant yak.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    That doesn't stop players from using other emotes or just using /e. We'll find a way to tell mount buyers how disgusting we feel that practice is.
    You sound like the kind of people who hate Christmas and go into the mall telling children in Santa's lap that Santa isn't real. Or in other words - your hate against (mostly) adult people who can do with their money what they want instead of Blizzard is just the really disgusting part here, not any cosmetic mounts lol. Especially as this is a Collectors Edition mount. It's not a regular Shop Mount. The only thing I agree with haters of it is that Blizzard should have released a physical Collectors Edition too.

But at the end of the day - if you don't like it, don't buy it. But stop wrapping cyber bullying with "Blizzard is so evil and the Item Shop destroys my gaming fun QQ". Because all you do is harrassing people who most times don't even know why, because surprise surprise most people don't even know what people on mmo-champion think about evil evil shop mounts.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-07-31 at 07:39 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I bet they will remove /rude next. I mean ok lets play devil's advocate here: /spit as a show of resentment could be seen as "provocative" etc. However, being realistic and HONEST: Does anyone go around using /spit for no reason? Or do they use it to show resentment against UNFAIR PLAY.

But hey Im sure in between legal battles for discrimination and sexual harrassment (among other things) it really fixes the company image to remove emotes that could be used to trigger any sort of negative emotion. Such laughable hypocricy blizzard...
    Do people go around /spit for no reason? Sure. Toxic people exist. Chaotic evil people exist. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What happens when they start to "slightly limit" something you enjoy? You will be totally ok with that too? Or you are just ok with them limiting things you dont personally like?
    Like in my opening post I find it amazing that spitting at others is something people care enough about (*enjoy* even? Wow) to even make this kind of shitty analogy. Generally I thought I could relate to a lot of the stuff you post in general Arkanon, but MMO champion never ceases to astonish I guess, business as usual.
    If I were someone who enjoyed shit like punching people in the face and that was *limited* by the rule of law then I suppose being such a person that might bother me, but thankfully I am to the best of my knowledge not like that and the things I enjoy are not things that directly negatively influence/impact people to such an extent. Isn't there an expression in the US to the tune of *your freedom ends where the freedom of someone else begins*? Not like it's gospel or anything, but the general idea seems fair enough and applies here more or less.
    If I were unknowingly doing/enjoying something like that then by all means go ahead and ban/limit it. If it were such an important thing to me I'd just take it somewhere it wouldn't bother unrelated people.
    So to answer your question briefly I guess, yes I'd be totally okay with that.

Like several others have also said, seeing the disgusting outcry over this makes it even more important for this signal to be sent tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    /e spits on you anyway, because this emote still exists.

Other excitingly rude options include /burp, /cringe, /disappointed, /frown, and of course /insult. https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_emotes

(joking aside, was it really? I hadn't heard anything about this.)
    Except /e only works on your own faction. Anything you do with /e shows up as you making strange gestures to the other side.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    Like in my opening post I find it amazing that spitting at others is something people care enough about (*enjoy* even? Wow) to even make this kind of shitty analogy. Generally I thought I could relate to a lot of the stuff you post in general Arkanon, but MMO champion never ceases to astonish I guess, business as usual.
    If I were someone who enjoyed shit like punching people in the face and that was *limited* by the rule of law then I suppose being such a person that might bother me, but thankfully I am to the best of my knowledge not like that and the things I enjoy are not things that directly negatively influence/impact people to such an extent. Isn't there an expression in the US to the tune of *your freedom ends where the freedom of someone else begins*? Not like it's gospel or anything, but the general idea seems fair enough and applies here more or less.
    If I were unknowingly doing/enjoying something like that then by all means go ahead and ban/limit it. If it were such an important thing to me I'd just take it somewhere it wouldn't bother unrelated people.

Like several others have also said, seeing the disgusting outcry over this makes it even more important for this signal to be sent tbh.
    the outcry is not about no longer be able to /spit at people in the game. it's about the reason they're doing it now. don't get fooled, it's not just to protect the shop mount owners. I remember people being mental about the emote during vanilla and it stayed in the game for more than a decade and a half. it's just now that they have a lawsuit about their workplace being toxic as hell with sexual harrasment (among the worst shit you could be accused for in 2021), they want to look whiter than the whiteknight. all the sudden they have signals to send? now? and you bite this?

this (ie the lawsuit) makes it even more important of a signal to be sent ... that's for sure.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-07-31 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder, instead of removing the emote, couldn't they have implemented some tracker that determines if a player is just spamming /spit on players with the mount buff? If they find it happening frequently just hand out automatic suspensions/temp bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I wonder, instead of removing the emote, couldn't they have implemented some tracker that determines if a player is just spamming /spit on players with the mount buff? If they find it happening frequently just hand out automatic suspensions/temp bans.
    Or timing out the emote it it's spammed too much, but that would require doing actual work and apparently they don't do that at Blizzard offices.

Again it's an overreaction, if they didn't fire all gm's and customer support people, they could work on reacting to tickets and repots to these problems or to bots, but well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Money's already spent and whales will be whales. Blame the players all you want, anything that exists in the store page is bound to be purchased and net a profit. My blame goes entirely to Blizzard for going back on their "philosophy" of Classic and choose greed over integrity.

/spitting does nothing. Unsubbing like many are doing is what will hurt Blizzard's income. If you're able to emote against the whales, your are still giving money to ActiBlizz.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    Please tell me how store mounts do increase the power of a character. I wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    /fart new meta? oder /insult? can someone tell me what would min max the max rage ?
    /chicken is a good one too.

Yes the timing is not going to do them any favours. You're entirely right on the grand perspective.
    That said, something finally being done on that front after indeed 15 years I'll personally live with their dubious/disingenuous intentions.
    I haven't trusted them to do anything properly on such issues for years so I take what I can get in terms of improvements.
    It's defeatist I suppose, but being Scandinavian (where there are indeed unions with a fair bit of power to avoid e.g. this kind of stuff) I find the apparent US company culture to be borderline a different planet and I only ever expect the worst.
    Not intending to bash the states mind you, there is shitty stuff happening everywhere, in Scandinavia too for that matter. The whole thing surrounding the lawsuit is just so alien to me, I just cannot at all understand why this kind of stuff in particular would be allowed to go on like this.
    As such I on an entirely separate note appreciate a change I wanted done years ago for what it is, regardless of it's circumstances.
    You can fairly argue that's not helping the cause I try to promote with my arguments I imagine, the spit macro just hits a bit closer to home and is a bit more relatable for me.
    If all people are upset about here is the timing/circumstances (it doesn't quite feel like it's *all* about that though, but I could be wrong) then that's fair enough and I'll recede from arguing against it. However, I do think it's fair enough to appreciate positive change where it happens even if it is glaringly inadequate in the grand scheme of things, and I do consider this a positive change.
    Last edited by Driahtvacahtve; 2021-07-31 at 09:00 AM.

Da elves took my eye! I cut off my own arm to escape dem! And now! Dey fight alongside Da HORDE?! I CENSORED ON DA HORDE! I am mildly displeased with ya, I am mildly displeased with ya all!

How the fuck are they gonna make a game about two rivalling factions that literally want world domination over one another, and now I can't as a Troll spit on an Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post

Limiting peoples ability to express themselves is never a good move.

I don't care that they removed the emote, what I fucking care is it shows where their priorities are. Why not spend that time on more important issues present in the game ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Cause it's being done by consenting adults.
    Is it tho? When I was in goldshire on certain realms there always were people who would force their sexual stuff on innocent RP players (druid spamming sit in catform to hump female characters etc.) Or the countless sexual whispers you get there if you are playing a female character.

Entering goldshire inn isnt really consent to getting harassed imho.

Wouldnt suprise me if 80% of the people visiting goldshire are infact blizzard employees lul.