Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hypocrisy intensifies.

Ah yes, only remove it when it might impact sales. Classy.

While I support the removal of targeted spits, this is yet more performative shallow nonsense where only profits are the motivator behind the change - not the abuse.

Not to mention, it paint us players as the main problem of their internal issues.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2021-07-31 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    People getting offended by a /spit emote in a game have bigger issues they should get checked instead of removing this.
    People clutching at pearls over being unable to target players with the /spit emote have an even bigger issue (aside from failing at reading comprehension, or stopping reading before finishing a whole sentence), they're literally throwing tantrums on a forum over a relatively minor method of harassment being made slightly more time-consuming to engage in.

I think it is a sensible decision from the perspective of shaping player behavior, however I think the timing is just plain dumb, because they still haven't actually addressed any the major issues outlined in the lawsuit filed against them by the State of California regarding their mistreatment of employees.

It reads likes virtue signalling in an attempt to garner some sympathy to avoid further drops in the stock price of ATVI, at least from my perspective of the issue.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-07-31 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Seems to be that a lot of people don't know that spitting on someone can be a sign of good luck or warding evil in some cultures. I've actually have met people who still embrace spitting on someone as good luck, so it's not like it's never seen as this anymore.

Regardless, the way Blizz is tackling this is all wrong and can easily be worked around. Simple solution would be making /ignore suppresses not only chat from the offending player, but also any emotes. The timing and knee-jerk methodology screams deflection and virtue signaling when they're desperate for good press. Making decisions purely on emotions is never a good thing, as it rarely ever results in the right thing being done.

Spitting is only allowed when it's towards female employees of multibillion dollars companies.

why not link the secod tweet too?

"If Blizzard really wants to be clever about this, they should add the ability to spit on players back into the store as a microtransaction at the same price as the Warpstalker mount"

so, yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    this literally changes nothing. people will just spit on the ground instead of it saying its at whatever player. they could also easily use any other emote to taunt them and this is a fucking joke to be honest. spitting emotes arent the problem. sexual harassment and actual toxicity like threats, derogative insults etc are.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol Blizzard. How could one be more out of touch?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    So PvP/killing other players in the game is out of scope because its "just a game", but another action IN THE GAME is somehow now IN SCOPE and causing emotional harm??? huh?
    That's not what I'm saying. At all. I wasn't making a distinction based on something being "a game" or "in the game", I was making a distinction between actions that primarily impact the player character versus actions that primarily (or disproportionately) impact the player. That's not to say that someone killing a character doesn't ever impact the player; but that there is a very big difference between "killing" a character and being abusive towards the player, and those actions don't map to real-life equivalents how some people have very simplistically said. Sure killing someone is much more severe than spitting on someone IN REAL LIFE, but those actions don't work the same way or don't map the same way onto in-game actions.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter.

Let 'em try remove my sig.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the fact that people are bitching they now can't spit on people with the mount, coupled with the fact there is a apparently a weakaura that does it automatically is pretty funny. The fact that those people are so petty that they would spend time doing something that, in their own words "Doesn't hurt anyone" is a little bit sad though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm not upset about the flirt lines. I'm just surprised they didn't touch the sexual flirt lines considering the lawsuit they're dealing with.
    So you are upset about the lines because you're wishing they would do something about them. It's ok, I'm sure they will soon enough and everything can become Disneyfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I mean the fact that people are bitching they now can't spit on people with the mount, coupled with the fact there is a apparently a weakaura that does it automatically is pretty funny. The fact that those people are so petty that they would spend time doing something that, in their own words "Doesn't hurt anyone" is a little bit sad though.

Fear not I am sure Blizzard will get to banning these ones too

/moon
    /poke
    /punch
    /insult
    /point
    /yawn
    /cough
    /cringe
    /groan
    /laugh
    /mock
    /point
    /rofl
    /slap
    /snicker
    /snub
    /stare
    /taunt
    /stink
    /threaten

Does anyone think removing an emote is gonna stop people? what you gonna do when people find replacements, you gonna remove all the emotes. What if people start using toys, gonna remove the toys? Blizzard thinks removing stuff is the answer to solving a problem.

As someone who had been /spit on because I had a store mount (through 6 month sub not by actual purchase) I tend to side with the emote users, hell most of the time when someone used /spit on me I kind of missed because I was busy doing something else. I gotta say if anyone felt threatened by an emote need a reality check, people are far worse in the real world, you get literally spit on out there lol. Maybe because I have been abused so badly at work at this point that an emote is a small fish to me.

I dunno why I care really I quit the game back in January Blizzard can do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-31 at 08:20 AM.

Feasel is in charge of removing toxicity from the game? Rip freedom of speech if true, this guy is crazy. He had "fighting fascists" in his Twitter bio last year when the blm and antifa were burning down cities.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    People getting offended by a /spit emote in a game have bigger issues they should get checked instead of removing this.
    TO play the devils advocate. It's not about the spitting per se... it's about the masses of people who shows negative attitude every day to specific people. It's pretty human to take constant negative feedback as something, well, negative. Doesn't matter which platform this is done on. If you have X amount of people posting "dumb" or hell, even "/spit" on facebook and twitter. The people being targeted will obviously start to feel like they are hunted, singled out, doesn't belong and they might not even know why etc etc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Oh my pixelated eyes couldn't stand the though of being spat upon. Oh I may finally come out of my hole and join the real world again. Thank you blizzard for being the champions of safe spaces.../s

Good riddance! The /spit emote was always nasty when used to insult opponents in PvP. I don't know why it was implemented in the first place or why it wasn't removed years ago when everyone saw how it was used. I hope it is disabled when interacting with players in World of Warcraft as well.

Can we please stop re-posting what random streamers are posting on twitter?

1. have culture around shaming for bad behaviour
    2. sperg out people are shaming for buying shop shit

noo not the profits, no virtual spitting boys, thats reserved for the cosby suite!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao can't wait for them to remove all emotes against players then. Can't have players have any effective way of voicing disapproval of Blizzard's actions. Literally the only reason why'd care enough to do this bullshit.

Here's a list of emotes you can use instead of /spit:

/angry
    /attacktarget
    /blame
    /cringe
    /frown
    /glare
    /golfclap
    /groan
    /insult
    /incoming
    /lol
    /rofl
    /mock
    /shoo
    /pity
    /snicker
    /stink
    /surprised

and if you want to continue using /spit, make a macro like this:

/point
    /spit

makes it clear your spit is meant for them.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2021-07-31 at 08:56 AM.