Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said in the news update. Fear not I am sure Blizzard will get to banning these ones too

/moon
    /poke
    /punch
    /insult
    /point
    /yawn
    /cough
    /cringe
    /groan
    /laugh
    /mock
    /point
    /rofl
    /slap
    /snicker
    /snub
    /stare
    /taunt
    /stink
    /threaten

Does anyone think removing an emote is gonna stop people? what you gonna do when people find replacements, you gonna remove all the emotes. What if people start using toys, gonna remove the toys? Blizzard thinks removing stuff is the answer to solving a problem.

As someone who had been /spit on because I had a store mount (through 6 month sub not by actual purchase) I tend to side with the emote users, hell most of the time when someone used /spit on me I kind of missed because I was busy doing something else. I gotta say if anyone felt threatened by an emote need a reality check, people are far worse in the real world, you get literally spit on out there lol. Maybe because I have been abused so badly at work at this point that an emote is a small fish to me.

I dunno why I care really I quit the game back in January Blizzard can do whatever they want.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    If I use the /kiss, /moan, and similar emotes on other players without their consent, is it sexual harassment or rape?
    /sexy
    /moon

On one hand, it’s not to offend the cash shop whales sure.

But it’s also connected with the California lawsuit.

They take the community (and they are correct in that assumption) for total idiots, thinking that by:

-removing a few NPCs,

- covering up phoney “sexual” female NPCs dresses,

-removing from “harassment language” (e.g. this emote, the “bitch” of Garrosh to Sylvanas etc.),

- wearing a few LGBTI+ pins,

- gaslighting and blaming the community (e.g. “Sexual harassment is your fault if you demand 9.2 in less than a year”

.... in this way they think they will whitewash the rape, suicide, buttplugs, tyrannical working conditions for all employees (both male, female, LGBT etc.)

And they are right.. because woke corporate performative activism has worked to cover way more horrendous actions of other multinational billion dollar companies.. so why not work for blizz..

Blizz should remove the /question emote. If you use it while not having a target your character does a reference to suicide.

This action pretty much sums up what is wrong with Blizzard. The reason people suddenly started to use this spit behaviour in TBC is because Blizzard monetized an 14 years old game. People don't like that and want a classic game, not the clown fiesta with the gamestore that compremised the game to this day. So instead of taking the hints and listening to the community, they just censor it. They're so hellbent on milking their product to the absolute fucking limit, it's beyond realistic. Everything for a quick buck I suppose. Greed over player experience.

Maybe /split emote was somehow connected to sexual harassment in blizzard ( some kind of foreplay or something )

for me changes like this clearly shows that this company has no fcn idea what is going on

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas voice actor's work gets damnatio memoriae'd from existence because of unproven accusations: I sleep

Spit emote exists in TBC: A S C E N D E D

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Is this fake?! I can still spit on others. Just tried on some store mount owners, works fine.
    The last part of your comment made me laugh out loud, well played!

Can you be banned for actually /spit on someone? I use that emote sometime on ppl when they being a D. Like stealing something in front of me etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Pretty retarded, but that's modern blizzard for you
    Pretty retarded, but that's modern
    Describes the situation as a whole, blizzard is only a tiniest part of it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Describes the situation as a whole, blizzard is only a tiniest part of it
    Because they start to act against toxicity and bullying? Oh yeah, how dare they ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Because they start to act against toxicity and bullying? Oh yeah, how dare they ....
    People getting disturbed just by an in-game emote are pretty much the part of the situation, if not the cause of it

15+ Year Old Account
    People been spitting on each other exactly because of Asmon and he has the audacity to post something sassy. Wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    People been spitting on each other exactly because of Asmon and he has the audacity to post something sassy. Wow.
    Yeah, I hope that dude stays with FFXIV and never comes back.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Well yeah but sheep gonna sheep ya know like boomers with their TV influencers like Oprah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This isn't going to change anything. All this will do is lead to people doing:
    /emote Spits on %n.
    With %n being the name of the current target in emote macros.
    Cross-faction it will probably be /laugh or something.

All this has done is give some people another reason to criticize Blizzard.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Good thing I will keep my "teabagging" still ;>

I do not agree with that, it's too simple a statement. Reality has more nuance that has to be taken into consideration I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    People getting disturbed just by an in-game emote are pretty much the part of the situation, if not the cause of it
    Pretty sure people are being "disturbed" because it makes no sense for something so insignificant to be removed. Pretty sure most people use it on friends anyway.

This basically screams incompetence and just to show they are doing "something" even though it's just retarded.

Absolutely pathetic faux virtue signaling. They’d rather remove a harmless spit emote, and a few npc renamed… then actual change

My sub ran out about 2 weeks before this news broke, and considering the state of retail, I decided not to return. But after all this? I’m not sure I will

Once again, they prove they don’t get their audience or even their own actions

Finally, after all these years. That whole lawsuit thing just seems redundant now.