Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is embarrassing. Unironically "toxic" emotes such as /spit were part of the Classic experience - like it or not. Didn't know #somechanges included woke shenanigans.

#Changes that will kill classic

rip this happens just as i upgrade the unholly shard to max...... tbh /spit should have been removed from ratail 1st the amount of times ive been spat on in bgs just coz i made the flag carriers life hell is absurd

ironically, this wouldn't have even happened in TBC if they had kept their "NO CHANGES" mantra from vanilla. They introduced a store into TBC, and this was always going to be the proper backlash response. Either that, or simply unsub.

This is a meaningless gesture to distract from the lack of REAL change, or quality products. Just PR

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at people trying so hard to blame the shop mount buyers for this when it's the imbeciles using the emote who are actually to blame.

Like anyone made a ticket about it..

The toxic people who used /spit on people who bought a mount are upset about this.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is embarrassing. Unironically "toxic" emotes such as /spit were part of the Classic experience - like it or not. Didn't know #somechanges included woke shenanigans.
    It's like the point down of respect for Dark Souls. Killing someone just isn't the same without it.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The entirety of the goblin race is being removed, calling it now.

Edit: didnt read this was for TBC only but it probably wont stay localized to tbc

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I hope they take a look at toxic game design, too.

This special care for these "woke liberal cancel culture horsesh!t" needs to stop, like seriously! Maybe Blizzard should spend less time raping women and more time in the QA lab. Imagine how much money they have wasted from their corporate funds paying for their "frat boi" trips and parties with their "lady friends", I bet that could have funded the salaries of employees that would have been able to improve literally all things.

Quote Originally Posted by QetraFussion View Post
    This special care for these "woke liberal cancel culture horsesh!t" needs to stop, like seriously! Maybe Blizzard should spend less time raping women and more time in the QA lab. Imagine how much money they have wasted from their corporate funds paying for their "frat boi" trips and parties with their "lady friends", I bet that could have funded the salaries of employees that would have been able to improve literally all things.
    What? Isn't that contradictory?

One truly has to wonder how a person who gets emotionally destroyed by some orange text telling them a random person from across the continent spat on them is able to function in society without their safety blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    What? Isn't that contradictory?
    Not in the least, you need to re-read the entire situation with your logic mode turned on within your brain because obviously it's not

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    What a beautiful take.
    I guess in the light of all the problems caused by climate change, noone will notice or care if I kick a puppy. Good to know.
    Because /spit is like kicking a puppy?
    "Peace is a lie"

I think the intention of my post might be misunderstood, so forgive me if it ruffles your feathers, English is not my first language and I am translating my thoughts.

This entire notion of "/spit removal" is cool, but it's intention might not come from a proper angle.
    Game suffers from bots and boosting. Those things are not addressed properly, yet battling toxicity is. That is fine.

Question is - are they battling it on behalf of players or their own feelings?

If they deemed that 1% of players are abused by this and they want to fix it - it's fine.
    What is not fine, if it's just an appeal for themselves and their inner company agenda.

Disabling emote functionally was probably nothing to write home about, but I do hope it's done with the customer in mind.

It might lead to some bullshit, like 16 hour per week meetings on how to make shit more fluffy and pony for developers, instead of addressing the actual problems customers face.

We might end up with a product that makes the developer proud and happy, whilst it appeals to no one and customers are gone.

Oh thank god Blizzard is thinking of the cash shop whales and their sadness chariots.

Really putting their priorities in order right now.

Awww, all the special snowflakes who bought the mount to be noticed... aren't happy that people are not worshipping them. This must have crushed their self esteem so much that they complained to daddy Blizzard to remove all the bad people from their positive reinforcement bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's like the point down of respect for Dark Souls. Killing someone just isn't the same without it.
    Honestly, I've always thought of the WoW /spit to be childish and toxic. What I don't like is the rampant censoring in order to appease political correctness.

Why has it never ever been an issue before...I wonder. The same thing happened when the Sylvanas "bitch" line got removed. It's not due to the recent fiasco, but the general trend of modern western industries to capitalize on virtue signaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    One truly has to wonder how a person who gets emotionally destroyed by some orange text telling them a random person from across the continent spat on them is able to function in society without their safety blanket.
    I think those are exactly the types who can't function in society. But it's pretty pathetic on both sides that we've even arrived at this situation. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh thank god Blizzard is thinking of the cash shop whales and their sadness chariots.

Really putting their priorities in order right now.
    It's indeed the motive that makes this whole move so cynical. It's not a response to general toxicity, it's response to shield their more lucrative customers and ensure their micro transaction products remain valuable.

Almost makes me want to see this whole thing go full Streisand Effect and see a general outpouring against players displaying store bought items. Not because the players deserve it, but merely to begrudge Blizzard their cynical cash grabbing.