Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    What is chromie and what did they do to it?
    Warcraft character that has been subjected to a sudden gender bender

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    I don't think that word means what you think it does.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So you only get "moss grows on trees" from "Although it is most likely to grow on the north side of trees, rocks and other surfaces". Brilliant.
    Moss doesn't give a fuck about cardinal directions.

So your fact was "it most likely grows on the north side but it really can grow anywhere"? This of course is only true for the northern hemisphere because in the southern hemisphere it most likely grows on the south side.

What a fact you've brought up, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Got any more funny things to make up?

Saw people unironically unsubbing after this.

They didn't care about this harassment situation in the company, they were fine even with what they did to Chromie, but this blatant woke signalling is a last straw
    How it is woke? they are protecting people who spend money on paid services in TBC classic. It's obvious this has everything to do with money, you don't want the piggies to get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How it is woke? they are protecting people who spend money on paid services in TBC classic. It's obvious this has everything to do with money, you don't want the piggies to get upset.
    let them leave, who the hell needs them. and even if it's "woke" to make a character trans, who cares? does it affect you? does it offend your precious feelings? good. if it's upsetting to you hopefully you follow the rest of the bigots out the door.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's not how it works. Blizzard could try to sue Kotaku, but they have no real standing to do so and could only try to go after any employees that spoke with him. And it would have already been published at that point, so the damage would have been done. I don't doubt that many of these stories were known about, but if the victims didn't want to speak with media about them officially (anonymously), it would be extremely poor form for media to report on them and ignore the victims wishes. Even if there were many victims they knew about.

That being said, I honestly don't know why we're detouring down goobergummer road. I guess some people can't let a pointless, stupid, drama filled event go even years and years after it's been totally irrelevant.
    I think it's quite relevant actually. Considering you know, Blizzard was very much against the movement, tried so hard to deflect it's own toxicity onto gamers by attacking them all while these issues have been going on. And they tried oh so hard to be feminist allies, yet they never truly did learn anything from it. The fact that the Cosby Suite controversy was in 2013, that should have been the earliest signs that Blizzard had a toxic work culture shows how long this has been going on for. Not to mention how many corporations try to act like they give a shit about diversity, inclusion, women's rights etc, they ALWAYS have skeletons in their closets that come back to haunt them. Except that Blizzard's skeletons have been at the forefront of several controversies over the last several years involving workplace harassment and other issues surrounding toxicity. Yet they have the audacity to be critical of gamers? The industry and games journalists are the only one's to be blamed for their own toxic culture, and the gaming industry spent the better part of a decade or more cultivating the same attitude in it's players through marketing. Or have we forgotten all the bro culture ads for games like GTA, Halo and Call of Duty. Hell, I'm pretty sure that Microsoft's whole attitude towards marketing the original Xbox was that it "wasn't for kids" and often tried really hard to promote itself as a product for "mature gamers". Which ironically it turns out are really just insecure boys who feel the need to be assholes to one another as well as to women. A sheer reflection of the gaming industry itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Holy shit Blizz is not getting it. THEY are the ones being toxic. Trying to shift focus onto players being toxic by removing the /spit emote is fucking disgusting. I hate Blizz even more now. This is the WRONG time for such a move.

STOP FUCKING UP BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Blizzard trying to change the narrative. They cannot deny the allegations, the horrific behavior, so they are going to start hitting us every week with new examples of attacking "player toxicity". The goal is to get people to stop being mad at Blizz and start getting mad at players.

They need to fire everyone in management immediately. This is BLATANT and reprehensible.
    That's a pretty stupid thing to be mad about, especially in light of all of Blizzard's other blatant hypocrisy.

Just read about these breastfeeding room incidents and I can't imagine how much of a fucking weirdo you have to go in there and stare like some creep, the amount of confidence these dudes must have shows the office culture here was genuinely rotten and enabling weirdos.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/BettyDesuJiang/s...62548572737538

Oh look another blizzard employee that ran to riot and this time with evidence. Sad, Creepy evidence.

Just how deep does this shit run?
    Bobby Kotick was probably sleeping with Epstein.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Moss doesn't give a fuck about cardinal directions.

So your fact was "it most likely grows on the north side but it really can grow anywhere"? This of course is only true for the northern hemisphere because in the southern hemisphere it most likely grows on the south side.

What a fact you've brought up, well done.
    woosh..... lmao
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    What is chromie and what did they do to it?
    the dragon who takes on a gnome form.

she went from being a normal dragon girl to a transgender dragon girl.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post

I mean, if you've got no problem with a several-ton flying lizard turning into a 30-lb gnome, I have to question why you suddenly have an issue when it's a male several-ton flying lizard turning into a female 30-lb gnome.

Pretty sure the only reason to throw a fit over that is naked transphobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, if you've got no problem with a several-ton flying lizard turning into a 30-lb gnome, I have to question why you suddenly have an issue when it's a male several-ton flying lizard turning into a female 30-lb gnome.

Pretty sure the only reason to throw a fit over that is naked transphobia.
    and here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post

How I feel:

Don't sidetrack the thread with that shit, you'll just get it locked...

chromie being trans was a big theory among the players for years, the devs just decided to confirm it.

the older warcraft nelf lore also had a lot of homosexual overtones with having gender segregated druid (male) ,warrior/priestess/huntress (female) societies.

so, that kind of stuff was always there.

Just a notice before it gets out of hand: Gender discussion is forbidden. You may want to find another direction.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    Blizzard did care so mutch that they removed /spit in the first place, it tell you all about Blizzards prioritization, hollow virtue signaling.....
    Honestly it should have been removed earlier. The problem was people (egged on by Asmongold, who then backed off to save face) were using it basically to harass anyone that bought the BCC Collector's Edition.

Nice that after all this happened is when they finally decided to finish BCC, right when I'm intentionally not going to play it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    chromie being trans was a big theory among the players for years, the devs just decided to confirm it.

the older warcraft nelf lore also had a lot of homosexual overtones with having gender segregated druid (male) ,warrior/priestess/huntress (female) societies.

so, that kind of stuff was always there.
    it was a theory that was shot down when she was confirmed female.

the new writers ignored that and made her trans.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    let them leave, who the hell needs them. and even if it's "woke" to make a character trans, who cares? does it affect you? does it offend your precious feelings? good. if it's upsetting to you hopefully you follow the rest of the bigots out the door.
    I don't care I don't even play classic, I am simply pointing out that Blizzard's priorities even in this time is in protecting the money and stirring the player base. Bobbi does not care about anything but the money if he did then he wouldn't have hired a union busting law firm as a "check" on his company. He doesn't want workers to unionize or get more money, the initial awful response to the suit is all him he is a right wing nut job.