Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sadly, it was most likely removed due to certain people acting like idiots, spamming it.

Hopefully said actions do not translate to progression/main servers.
    It was removed because Blizzard is in full damage control. The absolute horseshit their PR machine has produced is the reason. Obviously Blizzard doesn't care otherwise we would have seen a lot of the executives fired. They set the tone for the company. But you know. Money comes first. Sexual harassment is just the cost of doing business. $$$ over people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    They are going full woke here lmao
    Get woke go broke. Let's hope it happens fast, it's super necessary.

In a game that was made to breed hatred and hostility towards other players because red/blue is bad, removing emotes to continue showing disdain towards your enemies is a stupid move. Removing anything from established games is stupid. Be it emotes, voice actors, npcs and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    I've been sitting here trying to think what will that accomplish
    Like when they said they were "combating toxicity" was this the kind of toxicity they were talking about? An emote? Lmao
    Yes, it is a daft decision. Might Blizzard be trying to deflect attention from other things?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What toxicity? It's a fucking fantasy game. If being /spit warrants an emotional response from anyone, so will /laugh after I kill you in game and tea bag your virtual avatar..
    then they will remove tea bagging as imo that much worse but eh

I find being killed in pvp to be offensive and detrimental to my emotional health so I want it removed

A change that you wont even notice, except if your one of those that run around and do /spit on other players.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    then they will remove tea bagging as imo that much worse but eh
    They'll remove the sit action? lol

Remove jumping too, I'm sure people will be pretty upset when others start jumping up and down on their corpse. You people..

Quote Originally Posted by MKGulantik View Post
    "Sexual harassment is okay.

A meaningless emote isn't, especially against those who buy our store mounts."
    It has not been removed. You can still use it against NPC's all you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    .... can you explain what the intent of /spit was when targeting other players? How about /rofl? or /rude, or even /chicken? How about the pwn flag from the tcg? How about literally being able to attack another player?
    Role play. It was for characters to do to other characters. When you use it to harrass other players because they bought a shop mount? That goes beyond intent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    Oh no, someone /spit at me, the horror.

Seriously, that is pathetic. It's one thing if someone is whispering you shit, but we gotta put on gloves now because of a dumb emote?
    This attutide is why bullies exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares honestly. Yes, it's stupid for them to remove it because people are offended by anything, but after playing WoW 14 years I think I've used it 2-3 times at most.

I see most people don't know why exactly its being removed. It has nothing to do with general toxicity and there is a specific reason why its on TBC only (at least for now).

They're removing it simply because of a running meme/joke/whatever you call it thing with people spitting on store mount users.

The second an emote stands between Actiblizzard and money they nuke it.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Who cares honestly. Yes, it's stupid for them to remove it because people are offended by anything, but after playing WoW 14 years I think I've used it 2-3 times at most.
    A few emotes removed, who cares honestly
    A few functions of a game removed, who cares honestly
    A few statues destroyed, who cares honestly
    A few shops looted in the name of equality, who cares honestly
    A few people fired or banned based on public pressure instead of evidence, who cares honestly
    A few companies attacked, who cares honestly
    A few people socially outcast because of something they said 10 years ago, who cares honestly
    A few comedians banned because of jokes they made in the past, who cares honestly
    A small group of people judging and condemning everyone else based on their beliefs, who cares honestly
    A few civil rights removed, who cares honestly

And so on and so on. See a pattern forming yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The token doesn't create gold. Blizzard sells "transfer" of gold between two players.
    No one said creates.. you said creates.. who cares how its created?... its sold on the store. You can buy currency on the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    That is some next level slippery slope bullshit and a half, and you know it.

Amazing, lol
    examples of 7 points on the list can already be found using google and 1 point can be found in any conversation with woke/cancel culture people

Do try to do some research before trying to invalidate facts as 'slippery slope'

They'll remove the sit action? lol

Remove jumping too, I'm sure people will be pretty upset when others start jumping up and down on their corpse. You people..
    they proberly would but tea bagging a corpse is the most infuriating thing in the game not to mention immature and childish

Tbf, mate. Debating with these people is a lost cause. Look at the responses on this forum over this, it is hilarious with all honesty they are getting so worked up, and these are supposedly *adults*. and they are screeching and drawing insane conclusions over an emote being removed.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit? lol
    i agree but im seeing a pattern emerging here, 1st we had the white knights then we had the keyboard warriors now we got woke warriors whats next??? i get carring for a cause but at some point you just have to walk away for this sorta thing, its kinda sad

Tbf, mate. Debating with these people is a lost cause. Look at the responses on this forum over this, it is hilarious with all honesty they are getting so worked up, and these are supposedly *adults*. and they are screeching and drawing insane conclusions over an emote being removed.

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit? lol
    Ah yes, remove sit and jump action because it's infuriating when someone uses those in a childish or immature way to make fun of you.

If only you could comprehend how ridiculous that sounds. I don't even understand how people like you can find the courage to boot up your computer and immerse yourselves in the internet

Mate, you just one of thescreechers that has populated and ruined this forum for years. Just do everyone a favour, and disappear, because frankly, you're boring, asinine, and you just want a podium to yell at others on, without grasping you are nothing special, and your opinions are dull and have been repeated oft enough to just bore everyone that sees them.
    Why do you even post in this thread if your end goal is to insult people? Remove /spit because it's offensive and then your whole contribution is insulting people? that's not very honest of you...

Nah, what isn't honest is you just jumping into forum threads over and over to bait people into flaming you so you can get them warned/banned. It is literally all you do, and is childish with all honesty.

I don't give a damn about the spit emote being removed, but the response from people here is hilarious.

But hey, you do you, hopefully one day the mods will perma-ban you, but then you are kinda so desperate for validation you will just make another account once more because you cannot live without the forum. Just sad.
    I'm sorry that I can't remain silent when I see an individual saying with a straight face they should remove the sit and jump actions because it can be used in a childish manner.

Don't blame me for your lack of civility.

Ah yes, remove sit and jump action because it's infuriating when someone uses those in a childish or immature way to make fun of you.

If only you could comprehend how ridiculous that sounds. I don't even understand how people like you can find the courage to boot up your computer and immerse yourselves in the internet
    you completely missed the mark here gj, the point was these replies were making a mountain out of a mole hill, all i see in this thread is people whining that they cant spit on people that bought the store mount any more.

ppl need to get a grip you are whining about a god dame emote being removed there are much bigger problems atm than this