Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    This story was posted a couple of pages back

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    The current situation that A/B has found itself in has caused all sorts of things to come into the realm of public display. Things like previous high level employees that were not dealt with appropriately when policy was violated. Things like the cube crawls that are alleged to have been allowed to happen. And I read of A/B (though the author of the email mentions Blizzard specifically) displaying "frat boy" behavior at a Black Hat conference in 2017.

https://www.thegamer.com/activision-...er-harassment/

Clicking the letter in the article will take you to Twitter. The letter's author explains below it that Blizzard is the redacted name. Just more of the same behavior by different employees. If this has been posted before, I do regret posting it again but this thread is rather large and I might have missed a page.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pretty sure the only reason to throw a fit over that is naked transphobia.
    Everything's a "phobia" with you, isn't it? Get over yourself, buddy. People have opinions and sometimes they differ from yours, if you demand respect you should give respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ, it gets worse by the minute, doesn't it?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Also, the implication that it's much the same at other studios of the time.

Yeah, and? That means they were all filled with misogynistic fuckwits, too, who should be facing similar scrutiny.

The conclusion you should be drawing from those kinds of arguments is that they're all bad and should be facing legal penalties accordingly, not that this is some norm that should be accepted as just normal work conduct.
    Agreed. And I should add that when I used the word culture, I meant the broader culture, that it's not just the culture at Blizzard, or even in gaming--women face this, and worse, in every industry, in every sphere, and in every country, all over the world. I should have used a different word because "culture" tends to be how we (the collective we) dismiss misogyny globally, as if it's specific and confined to certain "cultures," as if it's not a daily fact of life for 51% of the human population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It tells that culture is the problem when GC is himself saying he should have spotted it and called it out. It was, and it seems still is, so pervasive in the culture that it doesn’t stand out as abhorrent, and people aren’t comfortable calling it out and reporting it.
    I think if you had asked them at the time why they didn't report or stop it, they very well could have--sincerely--replied, "Report what?"
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    The current situation that A/B has found itself in has caused all sorts of things to come into the realm of public display. Things like previous high level employees that were not dealt with appropriately when policy was violated. Things like the cube crawls that are alleged to have been allowed to happen. And I read of A/B (though the author of the email mentions Blizzard specifically) displaying "frat boy" behavior at a Black Hat conference in 2017.

https://www.thegamer.com/activision-...er-harassment/

Clicking the letter in the article will take you to Twitter. The letter's author explains below it that Blizzard is the redacted name. Just more of the same behavior by different employees. If this has been posted before, I do regret posting it again but this thread is rather large and I might have missed a page.
    I realized that part the employee response to the issues is that they must be part of recruitment; with such attitudes that will not end well. It could be that some employees think that only they should be part of the recruitment - and I don't see any guarantee that it will be better; nor that the rest of the employees will agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is a lot of anger at the simple removal of an in-game slash command.

Is the irony here that you're the guy that wants community back in WoW, but it turns out that you're just as toxic as everyone else?
    That's something I remark as well. Lots of people want Classic to bring the community back, but then the thing about the community you hear the most about as an outsider is how some people /spit on those who have a certain mount. A most welcoming sense of community indeed.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    That's something I remark as well. Lots of people want Classic to bring the community back, but then the thing about the community you hear the most about as an outsider is how some people /spit on those who have a certain mount. A most welcoming sense of community indeed.
    I think at this point people should just accept that WoW is dead and the Blizzard that we know is a ghost of its once great self, that rose to prominence on the backs of a toxic work culture that persisted long after it was taken over by Activision. Frankly with how they've handled Hearthstone and the Diablo 3 launch, that was enough for me of giving them my money. I'm glad I left them behind, there's so many games out there that are a ton better than Blizzard's overrated products.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think at this point people should just accept that WoW is dead and the Blizzard that we know is a ghost of its once great self, that rose to prominence on the backs of a toxic work culture that persisted long after it was taken over by Activision. Frankly with how they've handled Hearthstone and the Diablo 3 launch, that was enough for me of giving them my money. I'm glad I left them behind, there's so many games out there that are a ton better than Blizzard's overrated products.
    That's nice and everything but has little to do with my post at all, to the point that I wonder why you bothered to quote me in the first place.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Everything's a "phobia" with you, isn't it? Get over yourself, buddy. People have opinions and sometimes they differ from yours, if you demand respect you should give respect.
    He's giving respect to the bigoted toilet bowl opinion, by taking a shit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    He's giving respect to the bigoted toilet bowl opinion, by taking a shit on it.
    Which opinion was that, exactly? I might have missed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah why won't we respect the opinions of those that want to hate on and be predudice against trans people I don't understand!

Also his statement was pretty accurate sooo..
    Who in this thread expressed hate towards someone?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Not sure if this has been posted yet lol

https://twitter.com/BlizzJess/status...51283979608064

It's pretty amusing.

Edit: TLDR Fran blocking the women at blizz now lol
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-08-01 at 11:04 PM. Reason: derps

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet lol

https://twitter.com/BlizzJess/status...51283979608064

It's pretty amusing.

Edit: TLDR Fran blocking the women at blizz now lol
    Fran doing the equivalent of sticking her fingers in her ears and going "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-I-AM-NOT-LISTENING-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA". What a pathetic human being.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Why do people act like blocking someone on twitter is some heinous act?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's not that it's some "heinous act", it's that she made a statement that she was open to hearing people's accounts and testimony, and is blocking people she doesn't want to hear from. It's hypocritical.

It's not that it's some "heinous act", it's that she made a statement that she was open to hearing people's accounts and testimony, and is blocking people she doesn't want to hear from. It's hypocritical.
    "Being open" does not mean you have to put up with idiots on the internet spamming you.

"Being open" does not mean you have to put up with idiots on the internet spamming you.
    She apparently blocking other blizzard employees, not random idiots spamming her.

Then again im not sure why she went ahead and opened her mouth, considering shes also the person that made the first blizzard public statement saying all this is in the past and unfounded, only to be contradicated by J Allen Brak and Boby Kotik right after.

Either they said it in a manner she didn't like or it literally is as Ursus says lol.

I'd like to point out my mom actually does that.
    Needless to say it's infuriating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have to look a bit closer at the comments and context, here.

She's a class-A cunt. She's tweeting articles on how whistle-blowers are bad. And blocking her own employees re-tweeting her. While being the CCO of the company, that is in deep shit, due to awful working conditions at Blizzard. She's sorry Blizzard got caught, and nothing else.

People are not distraught over her blocking them. Appears to be quite the opposite, in fact, for nobody appears to have any respect for her.

https://gamerant.com/activision-bliz...wer-criticism/

She's a walking, talking controversy.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-08-02 at 01:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Maybe she wants to hear said testimonies via professional means rather than social media platforms inundated by idiots that think they are part of the company?

Just a thought.

That said, I don't think it's smart to block people since it will be used against you in this narrative. Just stay off social media and instruct your employees to contact you via the mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Just stay off social media and instruct your employees to contact you via the mail.
    Using social media for anything but posting cats is generally unwise. Especially using it for legal inquiries