Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaadhun View Post
    Ok, that's it, after reading the "A Message from the World of Warcraft Team" in the Battle Net Launcher this morning, I immediately cancelled my WoW subscription. Corporate wokeness is really the cancer of our time, I wonder when people will start to realize that to censor different opinions is the actual toxic act, and not the different opinion itself. Also the removal of /spit, holy shit, if you can't handle that, then you should not use the internet at all.

/target Blizzard
    /spit
    We won't miss you at all

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Won't people just go to other emotes instead? Even one that's positive can be turned into something negative, it's really about context. Laughing for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    This is just trying to ban social shaming for bad behaviour. Its hilarious how some now try to twist it and pretend the shaming is the bad and not the behaviour initiating it.
    Not nearly as hilarious as people trying to dictate what is bad behavior to justify harassment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    No, spitting on players isn’t toxic. It’s a tale as old as vanilla

What IS toxic is introducing mtx into a 15 year old game, what IS toxic is paying for mtx in a 15 year old game which only encourages more.

Imagine turning on ocarina of time and being hit with mtx. Imagine turning on Mario kart 64 and needing cash to buy another character. It’s like that

Mtx have 0 place in tbc and that’s what’s toxic, Blizz adding it and then whales supporting that. Shameful
    Mtx are not toxic. What is toxic is players who try to dictate what should or should not be in the game and then harass other players who don't follow in lock step with their dictations.That is what is shameful.

Hol up they do realise Asmon us taking the piss right?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not nearly as hilarious as people trying to dictate what is bad behavior to justify harassment.

The freedom to choose themselves what the players deem bad is not anyone dictating. Basic logic failure.

The freedom to choose themselves what the players deem bad is not anyone dictating. Basic logic failure.
    Not what you are doing at all. You are declaring what is bad for the game and them sasy ahnyine who doesn't agree with you is wrong. That is dictating. Harassing players because they don't do what you want is toxic and should be banned. You are showing an example of the toxicity that needs to be removed from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I like how people are complaining about spit being gone, but not the toxic/bullying behavior that people were using it towards. You ever wonder were the negative behavior of blizzard came from? It didn't manifest out of the blue, its endemic of the video game community at large. How many games have "cancerous" communities? A lot, think a lot of us need to look in the mirror and realize there's a lot of work that needs to be done on the home front before we start throwing rocks.
    Yes, look in the mirror and acknowledge the fact that YOU are the problem why the game industry is total shit. Why game companies and developers think that they can shit on paid customers. Because YOU and people like YOU exist. Continue to endorse billion $$ corporations and their employees, see how fun it gets.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Not what you are doing at all. You are declaring what is bad for the game and them sasy ahnyine who doesn't agree with you is wrong. That is dictating. Harassing players because they don't do what you want is toxic and should be banned. You are showing an example of the toxicity that needs to be removed from the game.
    Im not deciding for the player who they wish to shame. You should be removed for trying to make the game sterilized boring.

If the actual person who started the specific type of harassment that was just curbed complains about it, you know they did well

I hope Blizz starts really cracking on toxicity in the game and it doesnt even just with the removal of one emote.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Im not deciding for the player who they wish to shame. You should be removed for trying to make the game sterilized boring.
    No youa re trying to dictate what is bad for the game and trying to justify harassment. I am advocating for removal of player harassment. The fact that you need to harass other players to not be bored means you have serious issues. Exactly what needs to be removed from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If the actual person who started the specific type of harassment that was just curbed complains about it, you know they did well

I hope Blizz starts really cracking on toxicity in the game and it doesnt even just with the removal of one emote.
    If it finally gets him to quit, the game improves by 1000%

No youa re trying to dictate what is bad for the game and trying to justify harassment. I am advocating for removal of player harassment. The fact that you need to harass other players to not be bored means you have serious issues. Exactly what needs to be removed from the game.
    You do it yourself when you define this is bad and i need to control them. Im just advocating for letting players choose themself. Its embarrassing you cant tell the difference.

Now people just gotta find a new emote for shaming people who buy mounts in wow. Soon enough Blizzard gotta remove every emote in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Yes, look in the mirror and acknowledge the fact that YOU are the problem why the game industry is total shit. Why game companies and developers think that they can shit on paid customers. Because YOU and people like YOU exist. Continue to endorse billion $$ corporations and their employees, see how fun it gets.
    So players that buy and play games from Blizzard are responsible for the inside culture of said company? By buying wow and subbing, these players are saying its cool whats going on a blizzard? Gimme a break. No one else besides Blizzard can fix the horrendous and total shite company culture they have. No one else but them can fix it. If suddenly everyone stopped using money on Blizzard games, these very same people would just move on to other projects and be complete dickwads. In general, this is not only a Blizzard product. This is something that the gaming world struggle with everywhere.

Also - gaming culture is often, by large, a toxic shitfest. Especially when you have a broad view on it. Most people play and interact with friends, a guild/clan or the community they are active in. Everything outside of that is considered useless and people change behaviour when outside said friendcircle, guild, clan or close community. By large, gaming is often enough toxic as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Mtx are not toxic. What is toxic is players who try to dictate what should or should not be in the game and then harass other players who don't follow in lock step with their dictations.That is what is shameful.
    Adding MTX into a 15 year old classic game is absolutely putrid and toxic. It is the very epitome of EVERYTHING wrong with gaming currently.

So yeah, shame on them adding MTX into a classic game and shame on ANYONE who supported that financially. /spit isn't toxic, supporting MTX in a game WITHOUT mtx IS toxic af tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whale lives matter i suppose? Do not worry poor Whales, soon the gold token will arrive in Classic.

Of all the times they could have removed it.., also removal of an emote will hardly solve anything considering how they gut their moderation and other support teams. It is more pandering, performative caring Blizzard speciality and more specifically JAB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    We won't miss you at all
    Dont worry. We wont miss people who financially support sexual abuse either. Have fun shilling for however long this shitshow lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What exactly was the problem?
    You'd have to ask thise that have an issue. I just can understand that some might take issue with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaadhun View Post
    Also the removal of /spit, holy shit, if you can't handle that, then you should not use the internet at all.
    So you want to censor people from the internet while complaining about censorship? I thought stopping different opinions was the actual toxic act? Using censorship is a scapegoat and you and others that bring it up know that. Toxicity doesn't have a place and there is nothing wrong with putting a stop to it. That isn't being woke it is simply being a decent person, thing, or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Guess which group of people blizzard prioritizes to protect first in the stupidest manner possible.
    The non-toxic players?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you want to censor people from the internet while complaining about censorship? I thought stopping different opinions was the actual toxic act? Using censorship is a scapegoat and you and others that bring it up know that. Toxicity doesn't have a place and there is nothing wrong with putting a stop to it. That isn't being woke it is simply being a decent person, thing, or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

The non-toxic players?
    How is this protecting them exactly? Like ok shilling has a limit at some point. What stops people from resorting to an emote like /lol now? Will they remove that one too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    How is this protecting them exactly? Like ok shilling has a limit at some point. What stops people from resorting to an emote like /lol now? Will they remove that one too?
    Just because they will find a way to be toxic doesn't mean you do no thing to try and stop them. Lol. Blizzard still prioritizes the non-toxic players over the toxic ones. This has nothing to do with being a shill but just common sense.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just because they will find a way to be toxic doesn't mean you do no thing to try and stop them. Lol. Blizzard still prioritizes the non-toxic players over the toxic ones. This has nothing to do with being a shill but just common sense.
    And I repeat because of course you avoided my last question. What would be the ideal situation for you after? Every emote that gets "abused" gets removed one by one?
    Or giving the agency to the players to mute emotes so that they dont run into situations like this?
    This was an intentional virtue signaling to divert the attention from the main issues as no one would have batted a fucking eye if they just added an option to selectively mute emotes if you chose to do that. Do you see how this accomplishes nothing?