Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So Blizzard fights toxicity by removing emotes. Meanwhile, Activision executive positions are infested with literal war criminals.

Priorities...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    And I repeat because of course you avoided my last question.
    I didn't avoid it. Lol. Stopping harassment is an answer to "how is this protecting them exactly?". It isn't virtue signaling to take action against harassment. Just because it wasn't done in the way that allows you to still be toxic while stopping the other person from seeing it doesn't mean it is virtue signaling.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I didn't avoid it. Lol. Stopping harassment is an answer to "how is this protecting them exactly?". It isn't virtue signaling to take action against harassment. Just because it wasn't done in the way that allows you to still be toxic while stopping the other person from seeing it doesn't mean it is virtue signaling.
    Ight lets go 3rd time: What would be the ideal situation for you? Every emote that gets "abused" gets removed one by one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ight lets go 3rd time: What would be the ideal situation for you? Every emote that gets "abused" gets removed one by one?
    Harassment gets stopped. If things in the future get used for harassment then they should be evaluated to see what value it actually offers the game. /spit offers little value to the game. It wasn't animated. It is just a line of text. You keep trying to suggest that nothing should ever be done about harassment. That is silly.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How are you sane when defending the right to harass people with an emote just because they bought a mount/package for the game?
    Harass is a strong word here. Add them to ignore and not care what some random person thinks about you. You give others way too much power over you if you let them get to you from an emote. Especially since they will just replace it with /e spits on you. And bypass the restriction entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Harassment gets stopped. If things in the future get used for harassment then they should be evaluated to see what value it actually offers the game. /spit offers little value to the game. It wasn't animated. It is just a line of text. You keep trying to suggest that nothing should ever be done about harassment. That is silly.
    Add them to your ignore list and move on with your day. How is it harassment? Do you let everyone have such power over you? Don't let the haters control your emotions, especially in an online world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

No that is not what I am suggesting. I am suggesting that minor shit that gets misused like emotes can be dealt with a ton easier by giving players the agency to not interact with them similar to the block list. Removing the emote potentially ruins its use for a player that was not using it in a toxic way. Killing someone in a bg and rp spitting on them once to immerse yourself in the faction pride bullshit for example might not be my cup of tea but I can see how it is for others and its harmless. The 0.1% of people that would get hurt by an interaction like this desperately needs to see a therapist and pretending that they dont is more hurtful for these individuals rather than helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Harass is a strong word here.
    No it is not. A weak aura was created to spit on people on a specific mount. It is not out of line to call that harassment. Just because action is being taken about harassment doesn't mean power is being given to the toxic players. Lol. No one is controlling my emotions because they are upset over no longer being able to harass others as they once did.

How about them fixing the endless boost spams instead?

No it is not. A weak aura was created to spit on people on a specific mount. It is not out of line to call that harassment. Just because action is being taken about harassment doesn't mean power is being given to the toxic players. Lol. No one is controlling my emotions because they are upset over no longer being able to harass others as they once did.
    So what is your goal here? What would make the world of warcraft a safe space for you? What is going to stop those same people from replacing /spit with another emote? A custom emote?

Maybe you should find a single player game if you are afraid of what others say or do.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    No that is not what I am suggesting. I am suggesting that minor shit that gets misused like emotes can be dealt with a ton easier by giving players the agency to not interact with them similar to the block list.
    Removing it is actually easier. Because it stops the action currently for everyone and doesn't require each individual player that is a target to stop it themselves. You literally are suggest that nothing gets done about harassment by Blizzard because it should be something the victim of the harassment puts a stop to themselves. Spitting on people for faction pride is not "immersive". It may be harmless to do but the emote was being used in a non-harmless manner that out weight its value of being kept for "Faction pride".

Why does the victim need to see a therapist and not those that are creating weak auras to target a specific mount? You keep trying to put all the blame on the victim and talking about player agency. Why shouldn't those who are toxic get stopped?

- - - Updated - - -

So what is your goal here? What would make the world of warcraft a safe space for you? What is going to stop those same people from replacing /spit with another emote? A custom emote? Maybe you should find a single player game if you are afraid of what others say or do.
    The only one that needs a safe space here seems to be yourself. You can't seem to handle an emote being removed. Just because people will find a new way to be toxic doesn't mean you do nothing to try and stop toxicity. Lol.

Lol, if you get upset that your fantasy character in a fantasy game is getting a spit emo and if you can’t handle it then good luck in real life. We really get to a point where expressions are forbidden when there is a change it can be negative….

The only one that needs a safe space here seems to be yourself. You can't seem to handle an emote being removed. Just because people will find a new way to be toxic doesn't mean you do nothing to try and stop toxicity. Lol.
    I'm saying why throw the baby out with the bath water? Why should I lose access to an emote because some people cant be adults about it? Why can't blizzard instead ban those that are using an addon like that? Where is the accountability here? Why do you want to punish everyone instead of the toxic players?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying why throw the baby out with the bath water? Why should I lose access to an emote because some people cant be adults about it? Why can't blizzard instead ban those that are using an addon like that? Where is the accountability here? Why do you want to punish everyone instead of the toxic players?
    The emote has little value. Removing it is a quick fix. This isn't the first time that things were changed because of potential for abuse and it won't be the last time. Why are you so upset by a small emote being removed?

The emote has little value. Removing it is a quick fix. This isn't the first time that things were changed because of potential for abuse and it won't be the last time. Why are you so upset by a small emote being removed?
    You clearly are playing devils advocate here if you are trying to goad me into an argument instead of having a genuine discussion here. Removing of toxic players should be the goal, not an emote especially when /e exists for any custom emote still.

You clearly are trolling and trying to instill unrest, not make real change.

15+ Year Old Account
    You clearly are playing devils advocate here if you are trying to goad me into an argument instead of having a genuine discussion here.
    Don't you think it is past the time to try and play that card? You started this discussion with talking safe spaces and insults. When that failed you tried to reason. When that failed you turned to calling me the troll. Sometimes to handle toxic players the methods they use to harass need to be changed as well. It is a quick fix. Like I said this isn't the first time Blizzard has done this and it won't be the last time.

You are making a big deal out of an emote and even getting so riled up as to insult others who see it as no big deal.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Seems they want to create a nontoxic environment, or somewhat nontoxic, like what FFXIV has. As they clearly see that is what players want. In that case WoW has a really really long way to go. This is only one step out of many.
    What really makes FF14 not a toxic sludge farm is that the strikes on your account are permanent and three strikes you're out. Permanently. You can't even talk shit to someone for performing low on damage meters.

There's no better way to cultivate a generally positive community than holding the players accountable for their actions along with actual consequences. If someone is a terrible person then they'll get filtered out on their own in no time since SE actually cares about moderating the game.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2021-08-01 at 03:25 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    You'd have to ask thise that have an issue. I just can understand that some might take issue with it.
    It seems to be your stance that this emote that has been in the game for 17 years is somehow problematic. So I'm asking you: what's the problem?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Removing it is actually easier. Because it stops the action currently for everyone and doesn't require each individual player that is a target to stop it themselves. You literally are suggest that nothing gets done about harassment by Blizzard because it should be something the victim of the harassment puts a stop to themselves. Spitting on people for faction pride is not "immersive". It may be harmless to do but the emote was being used in a non-harmless manner that out weight its value of being kept for "Faction pride".

Why does the victim need to see a therapist and not those that are creating weak auras to target a specific mount? You keep trying to put all the blame on the victim and talking about player agency. Why shouldn't those who are toxic get stopped?

- - - Updated - - -

I m actually not blaming the victim. But you can put yourself in a victimized position over anything these days and what it does in the end is it ends up ridiculing the actual victims of bullying an abuse and hurting their validity and merit. This is in no way shape or form equatable to real abuse and harassment and the fact that you and others like you are validating this ridiculous notion is hurting both actual abuse victims and people who may need professional help but do not get it because you keep insisting that such an oversensitive reaction to something so incredibly miniscule is perfectly normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I m actually not blaming the victim.
    Saying that the system should just mute the emote so the harasser can still do it with out it being seen is blaming the victims. You keep saying that the victims of the harassment should be doing all of these things instead of suggesting solutions that also target the ones doing the harassment. This is clear because you are saying that it isn't real abuse or harassment.

It doesn't hurt abuse victims to call harassment harassment. What hurts them is when people like you arbitrarily decide what is and isn't harassment. Being targeted by actions because you bought a mount is harassment. That isn't being overly sensitive by any actual definition. Stop victim blaming.

Saying that the system should just mute the emote so the harasser can still do it with out it being seen is blaming the victims. You keep saying that the victims of the harassment should be doing all of these things instead of suggesting solutions that also target the ones doing the harassment. This is clear because you are saying that it isn't real abuse or harassment.

It doesn't hurt abuse victims to call harassment harassment. What hurts them is when people like you arbitrarily decide what is and isn't harassment. Being targeted by actions because you bought a mount is harassment. That isn't being overly sensitive by any actual definition. Stop victim blaming.
    It does hurt them when you equate orange text in a game that you can ignore to actual abuse.