Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Except that changes on spec. And since changing specs doesnt change covenants and conduits your statement doesnt work at all
    It's clear for me - you don't change spec either. You play what performs the best and you stick with the conduits, legendaries choices.

That is how community works - they should stop making a thing like this and go oldschool. It really doesn't make sense for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Why make more than 1 covenant and legendary then? As we can clearly see from the cov distribution data from Raider.io, over 80% of the playerbase simply default to "the best" option.
    They want it to be different like in Diablo - you can create different buildups and combos. Problem is as everybody knows - the systems are not baked/half-done. Even then - you still face the problem of just going with the most popular builds. The only expection of success would be some occasional sologame(like Diablo where you can afford messing up and you don't have to meet up some minimum requirements as a team).

The best was in MoP - you had a quest and you would end up with a legendary cloak(just like everyone else) - nice and simple and easier to balance. No conduit, no covenants bonuses etc. Just a massive boost.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-08-01 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It's clear for me - you don't change spec either. You play what performs the best and you stick with the conduits, legendaries choices.

That is how community works - they should stop making a thing like this and go oldschool. It really doesn't make sense for me.
    Yea but if you change specs the covenant best also can change and it is sometimes needed to change to be as viable and that is obnoxious. It should be easy to swap not hard. Some got lucky like druids but most are not as fortunate.

These are the same reasons why I haven't really played any of my alts. Normally at this point in an expansion I enjoy playing my alts. Having to farm Torghast for legendaries, do covenant grinds, etc., makes playing another class totally unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by woodnf1 View Post
    These are the same reasons why I haven't really played any of my alts. Normally at this point in an expansion I enjoy playing my alts. Having to farm Torghast for legendaries, do covenant grinds, etc., makes playing another class totally unappealing.
    LEGION and BFA were just as alt unfriendly as SL.

Why did you not quit in LEGION? Or at least in BFA where it was clearly just the same for main/alt progression.

MOST PLAYERS DID NOT LIKE SITTING AROUND HAVING NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR MAINS.

WoD had the biggest drop in player activity in this game. A good expansion only have to avoid WoD mechanics. Main progression grind + alt unfriendlyness is what worked since LEGION and no matter how some streamers cry or the <0.01% mythic raiders with 4-6 "mains" cry, its still the best solution for everyone else.

If you feel you dont have time for alts, thats a good thing, I dont understand why people even question this state of the game. Did nobody play WoD or previous expansions to see how good SL is compared to the shitshow of the past?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

Why did you not quit in LEGION? Or at least in BFA where it was clearly just the same for main/alt progression.

WoD had the biggest drop in player activity in this game. A good expansion only have to avoid WoD mechanics. Main progression grind + alt unfriendlyness is what worked since LEGION and no matter how some streamers cry or the <0.01% mythic raiders with 4-6 "mains" cry, its still the best solution for everyone else.

If you feel you dont have time for alts, thats a good thing, I dont understand why people even question this state of the game. Did nobody play WoD or previous expansions to see how good SL is compared to the shitshow of the past?
    Actually MoP had a bigger drop with dailygaddon but it isn't brought up by people as much who are jealous of higher end players for reasons I don't fully understand.

Wods problem was giving out free gear to readily. The garrison should never of rewarded gear. If it hadn't most players would of been thrilled by apexis crystals from what I have seen that section of the player base clamor for.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    The only "problem" with the dailies at the start of MoP was a matter of perception by people completely incapable of performing math. Dailies were never as necessary as people thought they were, a maximum of five dailies per day would have kept one caught up with everything they could possibly do because the reputation items were gated more by Valor, and less by your actual reputation.

And who in the fuck is "jealous" of "higher end" players, whatever that may be? It seems like you have some kind of persecution complex where casual players who aren't even on the forums are somehow trying to take away everything you enjoy about the game. It's kinda laughable, actually
    Looks at the amount of boosters in chat. Ignoring the self defeating point you made... it wasn't the items raiders cared about in mop but the patterns/item enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The guy I was responding to was upset that anima takes us space in your bags, which you then deposit into your reservoir until it's full and the rest stay in your bags. I was spelling out what it would be like if it wasn't an item and just a currency you looted. Aka any you earned after you capped would be lost forever. Whereas now you can hold onto it in your bags until you spend stuff, then deposit some more in.
    So basically, instead of just making the first arbitrary number/cap higher and turn it into a currency you think it's better that we have a small cap but can "bank" the items, which again is capped AND makes your inventory miserable?

wat.

just do this - make it "invisible", and be done with it.

Does that stuff even have a cap?
    There is no reason for Anima to be capped at 35k in the first place.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-08-03 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    So basically, instead of just making the first arbitrary number/cap higher and turn it into a currency you think it's better that we have a small cap but can "bank" the items, which again is capped AND makes your inventory miserable?

wat.

just do this - make it "invisible", and be done with it.

Does that stuff even have a cap?
    There is no reason for Anima to be capped at 35k in the first place.
    My guess is they don't want people hoarding it. You get enough to buy something, like a mog or a covenant upgrade, you're encouraged to spend it instead of sit on it. Making them an item prevents the overcapping and accidental loss I mentioned.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2021-08-04 at 12:28 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    Actually MoP had a bigger drop with dailygaddon but it isn't brought up by people as much who are jealous of higher end players for reasons I don't fully understand.
    I was a progression raider from vanilla till LEGION, I had no issues for my char progression.

But loging in to the game and seeing no people at all - NO PEOPLE AT ALL - was not a great MMO experience.

This game is stupid easy and raiding only takes time and MINIMAL social skills to get into a guild/raidgroup. Nobody who is actually playing this game will ever, EVER be jealous what other players do. Nobody cares. If you play the game you have your own motivation for it.

Petbattle players dont care about your raid achievements.

Raiders dont care about speedlevelers.

I dont even get how you come up with this things, do you even play WoW or any MMO at all? Why would a regular player care about something they dont do in this game?
    -

I was a progression raider from vanilla till LEGION, I had no issues for my char progression.

But loging in to the game and seeing no people at all - NO PEOPLE AT ALL - was not a great MMO experience.

This game is stupid easy and raiding only takes time and MINIMAL social skills to get into a guild/raidgroup. Nobody who is actually playing this game will ever, EVER be jealous what other players do. Nobody cares. If you play the game you have your own motivation for it.

Petbattle players dont care about your raid achievements.

Raiders dont care about speedlevelers.

I dont even get how you come up with this things, do you even play WoW or any MMO at all? Why would a regular player care about something they dont do in this game?
    I don't really get what your trying to say beyond the fact your annoyed with something.

If we say i farm everything for kyrian transmog, mounts, pets etc. And then go oh i wanna go night fae instead! Do all that transmog, mounts, pets etc up in smoke or i just cant use them until i change back? I dunno how that works and i'm so scared!

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    If we say i farm everything for kyrian transmog, mounts, pets etc. And then go oh i wanna go night fae instead! Do all that transmog, mounts, pets etc up in smoke or i just cant use them until i change back? I dunno how that works and i'm so scared!
    they stay, you just cannot use them until you are kyrian again.
    it also means that any account-wide system, such as transmog and mounts, is available to kyrian twinks upon unlock. (barring some campain-locked things)
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

I also wouldn't worry to much about it. Like any system blizzard fucked up they made anima super easy to get. You can bang out the set in about two weeks of korthia dailies and im sure even faster next patch.

Its the blizzard motto. Never admit fault simply nerf till its irrelevant then try to sneak it in next expansion slightly tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I logged onto an alt today to take advantage of the TBC Timewalking XP event, but decided to do Sha first before I queued. He spawned and I got trolled by someone placing that turnip on the ground, causing me to miss Sha. I couldn’t even be motivated to stay on after that… that’s how frustrated I am with the game, especially with these last two expansions.
    You'll be happy to know you missed nothing, as the Fun Detected team leaped into action to nerf TW XP back to essentially zero.

Because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account

Legion had decent catch up mechanics and WoD better dungeon and raid content. BFA made an inferior version of Artifact Power with RNG traits tied to individual pieces of gear. Shadowlands moved those traits to conduits and reduced Raid drop rates, effectively killing the pacing of the treadmill.

Basically, SL pulls everything apart and turns each part into a new system to grind out.