Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alternate blood elf and night elven development son the other side

Curious question to all blood elf and night elf fans.

Would you be interested/curious or at the very least accepting if:

Horde:
    Void elves/high elves were developed as an alternate Thalassian story root routed in the void, Dalaran and human relations. Here these Thalasisians quickly developed a new city and slowly grew more distant from Silvermoon. Meanwhile, blood elves continued to tell the story of the Thalassians very specific to silvermoon and quelt'halas. They sometimes mixed (like maybe a huge void threat occurred, and void elves got involved to help save ofc - and some tensions rose), but after that they continued largely separately.

Void/high elves explored a more cosmos star related effect on Thalassians and friendships with Darnassian night elves and with humans. Light and void themes with magic, the arcane, naaru, dalaran, Elune.

Meanwhile blood elves delved deeper into the arcane, fel, blood crystals and exploring deep magics of other horde races, security of Quel'thalas and the Sunwell side of the high elves. Blood elves deal with San'layan and darkfallen issues, recovered wretched and rehabilitation, you explore draenei interaction from a different perspective, etc.. it's a side that is explored that you won't get on the alliance, similarly on the alliance you will explore the new void tangent, connections with humans, dalaran, night elves in ways the blood elves never would.

Blood Elves: Arcane, Light, Ranger/Farstrider hunting
    Void/High elves: Void, Arcane, Hunting

but different ideologies. The alliance group are very high elf in ideals, and the blood elf group are far more open/less restrictive.

Alliance:
    Nightborne were developed as an alternate Night elven story rooted in the pre-sundering civilization of the night elves. Here, Nightborne are developed more like an alternate kaldorei kingdom based ont he borekn isles, full of night elves and nightborne workign together, but more in the pre-sundeirng faship where you had a prominent civilziation, a vibrant city based and academic Priesthood but druidism was not at the fringes being vital to maintaing the Arcan'dor and safeguarding the balance of an arcane heavy community so that addiction doesn't happen.

In this scenario the civilization side of the night elves is explored via the nightborne and the broken isle night elves, to make it easier ofc, just like void leves got high elf customisations, nightborne can get night elven models to roleplay either as nightborne who have regained their kaldorei appearance or as broken isle night elves with them.

The alliance night elves continue as a more Long vigil based side of the night elves. They are heavier on the nature and forest themes. They still have mages and a city, but not quite the same scale, emphasis is more on the forest side, and the more feral side of the night elves.. but they're no less intelligent and powerful with their mages, nor are the druids that work with the nightborne less powerful than the ones with the Darnassiasn. The emphasis is just different.

Unlike the void/high and blood elves who have tensions across the faction divide, the Darnassian led kaldorei and the Shalassian led Kaldorei are amicable but seldom interact sort of like the Huojin and Tushui Pandaren.

Darnassians explore a more reclusive isolationist tending group struggling with accepting others, and adjusting to life outside the long vigil, genocide and returning arcane magic. Whereas the Nightborne group are the opposite, they're outgoing, they opening up to the world to show them how great kaldorei civilization is and how effective they can lead and contribute. They are a bit secretive about their secrets but they have an all elven embracing point of view

The Point
    The point is that both factions have facets of the same race - why not utilise that to show different focuses so that if you really love Thalassians, then you have a good excuse to play both alliance and horde to get the full picture.

Likewise, if you really love night elves, you have a good reason to play both alliance and horde to get the full picture, because they follow the story of the racial group from different lenses, and each group will explore different facets. and sides.

Elves are ofc hugely popular and on both factions. Why not use that? This way , both alliance and horde players will be invested in High elf stories, and both alliance and horde players will be invested in night elf ones. Although they are within the factions they are also common to both and players can appreciate both.

@Rhlor, @Tanaria @ravenmoon and @Feanoro, @Mace - I think this would be the best way to properly develop the elves within the current faction framework

You've already said it. Elves are popular on both sides.

Alliance have their Nelfs and Velfs (with High Elf features.)
    Horde has their Sin'dorei (with High Elf features) and Shal'dorei.

You have good reason to play both anyway...bad boy Void Elves, with Night Elf or Blood Elf Demon Hunters.
    Or the more simple Elven Mage or Ranger...

I don't understand your separation either...Blood Elves and Nightborne should come under your "Horde" subtitle. Why are Nightborne under your "Alliance" subtitle? If we talk about Nightborne developments, they should be with the Horde, as that is where they are as the playable race.

It's been 3 and a half years...Nightborne are Horde, Void Elves are Alliance...can we edit it please?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-01 at 11:02 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree with Tanaria here, I am also confused why we would need a seperation in the first place.

Now that both sides have high elf features, it would seem odd to rule them out on the horde side at this point.
    To be fair every single thread of either mace or ravenmoon eventually boiled down to exactly wanting pre sundering elves which the nightborne are. There were to many threads
    with more of the same and sadly the elune cinematic sparked that interest again, but honestly the Nightborne are fine where they are. Please let it go man.

First thing I said back in Legion is that the Nightborne would be the new thing that alliance want after the whole high elf tragedy. I was one of the people who was glad both factions got it so it would end the endless debate. It actually did for a bit. Giving nightborne to the alliance is different and weird in the sense that the alliance already have night elves and that was the whole reason to give horde the night elf model, like void elves are there because of the outcry for blood elf models.

We should be good now tbh, one thing is worth the argue is talking about costumizations for those races, not were they belong, we already did that.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-02 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I actually agree with Tanaria here, I am also confused why we would need a seperation in the first place.

Now that both sides have high elf features, it would seem odd to rule them out on the horde side at this point.
    To be fair every single thread of either mace or ravenmoon eventually boiled down to exactly wanting pre sundering elves which the nightborne are. There were to many threads
    with more of the same and sadly the elune cinematic sparked that interest again, but honestly the Nightborne are fine where they are. Please let it go man.

First thing I said back in Legion is that the Nightborne would be the new thing that alliance want after the whole high elf tragedy. I was one of the people who was glad both factions got it so it would end the endless debate. It actually did for a bit. Giving nightborne to the alliance is different and weird in the sense that the alliance already have night elves and that was the whole reason to give horde the night elf model, like void elves are there because of the outcry for blood elf models.

We should be good now tbh, one thing is worth the argue is talking about costumizations for those races, not were they belong, we already did that.
    To me, this reads more of clumping the Thalassian Elves together and they do things together and Darnassian and Shalassian Elves being clumped together to do similar things.

I truly don't understand why, though. I mean, we've already seen that stuff like when Alleria and Lorthemar met in the Sunfury Spire and the confrontation between Shandris and Thalyssra.

I mean, these small interactions are decent enough. We don't need Nightborne joined at the Night Elves' hype, likewise Void Elves joined at the Blood Elves' hype.

I also don't understand the push for more things "Fel" with the Blood Elves.
    The Sanctum Guild of Silvermoon was only ever small and it's numbers diminishing after the events of TBC. Keleen's Tailoring shop being closed likely worsened the uptake of members who joined the Sanctum.
    Lorthemar also remembers how under his leadership, he nearly had Silvermoon basking in fel magic. (Following Kael'thas' orders, but still...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    You've already said it. Elves are popular on both sides.

Alliance have their Nelfs and Velfs (with High Elf features.)
    Horde has their Sin'dorei (with High Elf features) and Shal'dorei.

You have good reason to play both anyway...bad boy Void Elves, with Night Elf or Blood Elf Demon Hunters.
    Or the more simple Elven Mage or Ranger...

I don't understand your separation either...Blood Elves and Nightborne should come under your "Horde" subtitle. Why are Nightborne under your "Alliance" subtitle? If we talk about Nightborne developments, they should be with the Horde, as that is where they are as the playable race.

It's been 3 and a half years...Nightborne are Horde, Void Elves are Alliance...can we edit it please?
    Ah the separation is because I am doing horde blood elf fans how they feel about void/high elf development. And night elf fans how they would feel about Nightborne development.

I want to know if such developments will greatly encourage or motivate them to play the elven group they love on the other side as well while acknowledging greater development on both sides can be a very good thing for the game and the factions.

(rather than suggestions of removing elves from the horde some people have made)

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I feel that they, especially Mace should be happy if the pre sundering night elf side is developed properly on the Nightborne - I am curious if that will satisfy like them.

Same with blood elf fans over void elves and high elves.

I am also curious to see what changes or improvements might further motivate void elf and high elf fans to explore the blood elf side rather than resent it. As far as I can tell most Nightborne fans are okay about night elves so that tension doesn’t quite exist there.

It boils down to see whether the interest is really race centred or faction centred. In theory if they really are about the race, they would love developments that show it off on either faction. But if it is a faction hate thing, they will never accept it just because it is on the other faction
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-08-02 at 09:28 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Ah the separation is because I am doing horde blood elf fans how they feel about void/high elf development. And night elf fans how they would feel about Nightborne development.
    I am also curious to see what changes or improvements might further motivate void elf and high elf fans to explore the blood elf side rather than resent it. As far as I can tell most Nightborne fans are okay about night elves so that tension doesn’t quite exist there.
    Idk which fans you talked to.., but there have been many polls and threads regarding that subject and the clear winner in all of that is: No Nightborne fans/horde fans want to see how hey develop with the horde races and not with the night elves. So I guess thats your own opinion.

Blood elf fans want to see silvermoon updated and develop their own story.. no one talking about void/blood elf interactions besides a few people here.

I just dont get where you get this from..

Idk which fans you talked to.., but there have been many polls and threads regarding that subject and the clear winner in all of that is: No Nightborne fans/horde fans want to see how hey develop with the horde races and not with the night elves. So I guess thats your own opinion.

Blood elf fans want to see silvermoon updated and develop their own story.. no one talking about void/blood elf interactions besides a few people here.

I just dont get where you get this from..
    Well are there any players curious? I’ve been on this forum a lot and opposite faction elves always chime in on the other sides detail.

Overtime thanks to this forum I’ve grown curious about void elves, Nightborne and even night elves I use to find terribly ugly (still do, but the cinematic shave proved its an in game model issue than and actually media representation.

The nelves always look really good on box art and cinematics. I just can’t stand their models.

Still the discussions make me curious and finding out what alliance fans in particular who seem a lot more
    Prickly about the horde but only when it comes to elves, would be satisfied with.

The question here would be if NElf fans like Ravenmoon, mace, Pheraz etc would play NElves on the horde through the Nightborne who are largely approach the night elf presentation from the pre sundering side - or are they adamant that the Kaldorei on the alliance can be the only ones to show the best of the night elves, even when the Nightborne are a version of those night elves.

Similarly, blood elf fans have been very much against high elves and void elves. But it is the story of the same race told from a different angle and focus. What would make blood elf fans genuinely interested in seeing high elf and void elf development on the alliance side, and will they see it as a development of their favourite race and appreciate it or resent it to death

I want to know if such developments will greatly encourage or motivate them to play the elven group they love on the other side as well while acknowledging greater development on both sides can be a very good thing for the game and the factions.

(rather than suggestions of removing elves from the horde some people have made)
    Right - but it's not up to Blood Elf fans what lore the Void Elves get and likewise, it's not up to Night Elf fans what lore the Nightborne get

How they feel are irrelevent when it comes to the Void Elves and Nightborne.

I've posed suggestions about the Void Elves, such as living on Outland and expanding the Allerian Post or claiming a portion of Tempest Keep and using that as their new citadel, but these are only ideas.
    I mean, some Void Elf fans like Vaeden would like them in Duskwood and possibly having close connections to Karazhan and Deadwind Pass (but Duskwood would be their main base of operations.)

Nightborne - well, their main thing is Suramar, so I guess extra stuff in that region. Perhaps an updated Shal'Aran, but for Nightborne players and Horde players who have completed the Nightborne campaign. Alliance players will still have the Legion-Shal'Aran.
    Maybe open up the Nighthold, which opens up to the Nighthold Gardens - could open up Nightborne Druids.

Well are there any players curious? I’ve been on this forum a lot and opposite faction elves always chime in on the other sides detail.

Overtime thanks to this forum I’ve grown curious about void elves, Nightborne and even night elves I use to find terribly ugly (still do, but the cinematic shave proved its an in game model issue than and actually media representation.

The nelves always look really good on box art and cinematics. I just can’t stand their models.

Still the discussions make me curious and finding out what alliance fans in particular who seem a lot more
    Prickly about the horde but only when it comes to elves, would be satisfied with.

The question here would be if NElf fans like Ravenmoon, mace, Pheraz etc would play NElves on the horde through the Nightborne who are largely approach the night elf presentation from the pre sundering side - or are they adamant that the Kaldorei on the alliance can be the only ones to show the best of the night elves, even when the Nightborne are a version of those night elves.

Similarly, blood elf fans have been very much against high elves and void elves. But it is the story of the same race told from a different angle and focus. What would make blood elf fans genuinely interested in seeing high elf and void elf development on the alliance side, and will they see it as a development of their favourite race and appreciate it or resent it to death
    With all due respect - it's not really any of their business about what they like or don't like on the faction they don't really play.

I have a Void Elf Warrior and Night Elf Death Knight, but I wouldn't say that I'm as big of a fan of these races as I am for the Blood Elves.
    I don't really know what Void Elf fans or Night Elf fans would like, especially when I play two classes that aren't truly associated with those respective races.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-08-02 at 06:16 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

The thing is.. not to cut this discussion, but to be clear.
    It seems like lots of pretty words just because some want to play high elves or nightborne for that matter on the alliance. Thats the sole purpose and I get it, but I dont think its a healthy direction when nightborne and blood elf fans just realy wsnt their race developed and that is without night elves or void elves interfering.

I still have a sour taste cus of those long essays of headcanon only to find out it was just a distraction so he could ask to get the nightbornenon the alliance just without directly asking it. Its annoying afther all those threads.

Isnt it obvious, the alliance players have been jelly since bc (inroduction of the blood elves) the Nightborne were no different, they are just cooler night elves.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-02 at 07:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, thats definitely what the game lore needs at this moment, more about elves --- snip---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-08-03 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ah yes, thats definitely what the game lore needs at this moment, more about elves --- snip---
    To be fair, I dont think we will see any development of any races at this point.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-08-03 at 02:49 PM.

To be fair, I dont think we will see any development of any races at this point.
    A good racial story development will not be writing elves exclusively for the faction but rather focusing on them as a whole and havi BG elements that connect to the 2 factions.

They made elven lore quite distinct. They didn’t design night elves for the alliance and they took blood elves out of it in TFT to start a new journey of an expanded racial set.

Horde and alliance can be large factors in these groups but they shouldn’t be all consuming like they have been.

But overall. We have had no racial development of any race really outside it’s opening quests to level 20 or whatever zone you are introduced to them and outside that it’s character. Unless they need to drum
    Up racial fighting like in BFA

Either approach is fine. Depends on how they want to approach the factions.

As it stands, Nightborne are Kaldorei set elves. They have no identity outside their main race and they don’t need to.

They were introduced as pre-sundering night elves in a pre sundering night elf civilisation they continue unchanged from.

While the Nightwell changed their forms slightly, nothing else changed but the tale of life under their unique circumstances.

It is literally a story of night elves who stayed in Suramar and were isolated in a different way than the other two communities (Darnassian and Shen’dralar) and have a different end result. This is not like Thalassian elves who have a drastic change of culture , starting from new to redefine themselves as well as a bigger physical change.

The Nightborne don’t emerge from this a new culture of elf or a new civilisation or character of elf at all. They emerge as Kaldorei civilisation elves. The way I view them is that they are already that and while I don’t mind if they have access to the night elf model, they don’t really need it to prove anything.

The issue here really is not in the Nightborne but the perception of the elves in the minds of the players.

If blizzard carry on the Nightborne story, it would be based on Kaldorei civilisation and their characteristics. And unless they change things, the Nightborne already have Druids and Moon Oriestesses as well as Moonguard with them.

Who do you think looks over the Arcan’dor?
    What do you think happened to the priestesses and druids that moved to Suramar and built Moonwells as well as welcomed by Thalyssra and taken under her wings?

It’s already there. Regardless of what players might imagine it to be. This is how it is till blizz changes it.

Will blizz change it? I don’t know. Why should they? It’s like giving yourself unnecessary work when most are fine with what the Nightborne are. They are a sub race. Like all sun races, they aren’t designed to be a new full and separate race, but a flavour or alternative if the main, which makes them ideal to cross the faction barrier. Just that only the elf ones did s, but to be honest, any allied race could have.

Most of these fanatics here are too entrenched in faction rivalry in their mindset to actually imagine or support anything that doesn't hate the other side.

Elves are viewed purely in terms of horde and alliance, which is so stupid considering their lore..

can you imagine 10,,0000 year old ancients only able to define themselves by their fleeting allies' whims - it's ridiculous.. but that's how the story is written..

because some of the big heads have no wisdom and no foresight

They've become over confident and lazy, fat on their success, they don't even try hard, which is why we get some of the garbage we get. and the fans blame the poor writers

IT'S NOT HTE WRITERS - IT'S THE SENIOR DEVS. Get new leadership.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-08-09 at 10:52 AM.

Elf players continuing to be the worst in 2021. You already have your own hero class, Blizzard specifically catered to you guys ahead of other races because of the popularity. How much more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Elf players continuing to be the worst in 2021. You already have your own hero class, Blizzard specifically catered to you guys ahead of other races because of the popularity. How much more do you want?
    It's no different than you asking for Troll lore developments.

We ask for stuff for our favorite race - hell, Trolls got a good chunk of lore in MoP and BFA.
    The only Elf race that was truly shown in BFA was Night Elves, who appeared in every patch.

Don't like Elves - don't enter the Elf threads. I mean, it's not hard unless..

It's no different than you asking for Troll lore developments.

We ask for stuff for our favorite race - hell, Trolls got a good chunk of lore in MoP and BFA.
    The only Elf race that was truly shown in BFA was Night Elves, who appeared in every patch.

Exactly. When you like something you ask for more and for higher quality.

What does Al Gorefiend expect? We should ask for stuff for gnomes and goblins and dwarves etc when I don’t give a shit about those races.

If I did I’d be making topics about them instead, but wanna bet they’d quickly fall off the main page , because not that many people find them interesting.

I mean it’s good we have all kinds, but why blame us for liking what we like? It’s a bit silly if you ask me

Exactly. When you like something you ask for more and for higher quality.

What does Al Gorefiend expect? We should ask for stuff for gnomes and goblins and dwarves etc when I don’t give a shit about those races.

If I did I’d be making topics about them instead, but wanna bet they’d quickly fall off the main page , because not that many people find them interesting.

I mean it’s good we have all kinds, but why blame us for liking what we like? It’s a bit silly if you ask me
    I've dropped ideas down for races like Orcs and Void Elves - I don't particularly care for those races, but I know enough about them where I could pose a suggestion or two.

But for races like Trolls, Gnomes and Tauren - I don't care for any of these so I'm not going to enter threads that talk about them.

That's apparently too hard for some people, or they have to contribute their hate for elves and thinly veiled hatred for elf fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Transfered this from the other post here, cos I think it made a lot of sense:

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    They haven't... and it's why so many of us just keep having mounting grievances against their story telling. The things that really pissed us off have not been addressed or any attempt made to bring some sort of parity of justice.

They gave everything of the Darnassians origin story to the horde with no ot so much as peak for the Darnassians in it after that, completely ignored (and it's been 3.5 years since 7.3.5

But it's not an isolated incident. they do this so many times, and it's not the first time they've done a great piece of work, then had some "brilliant" idea, and implemented it in a way that's just destroyed the earlier great work or rendered it pretty much rubbish or useless, if not for everyone then for one half of the community, often un-necessarily so because they couldn't be bothered to handled it properly.. because "they'd moved on"

No, they are not, but you have to understand that this is particular to them because that expansion, that zone, that city, that group is basically the rest of their oracial origin story , and their first main sub-race used like that, it would essentially be the same as giving Dazar'alor to the alliance and telling troll fans that they aren't the only important ones in the argument.

It's not to say alliance fans have no right to enjoy having a slice of the troll pie if a section of that community really dug that thing, but you have to understand the origin lore of the the main playable group that it's fans have treasured and read about so closely in it's most famous opening novel, makes it into the game, and then the nicest thing they've ever presented for them is given to their opposite faction.

You must understand the anger.

As I said above, effort should clearly be made for the kaldorei to be involved positively in their city and historical lore, even if the Nightborne are to remain horde and close with the blood elves. They need to do something about this. This is what will please alliance night elf fans, they want to be part of their Suramar and their races core origin history in game in a good way.

Blizzard need to make that happen - and if they're smart they'd do it without removing what the horde fans like. The horde fans don't want to lose the Nightborne nor do they want to lose Suramar.. I'm sure there is away both fans can be happy.

I'm sure Nightborne can be tight with blood elves and be good with Darnassians too. I'm sure Suramar can be open to night elves, Darnassians in particular and stories of the two written, interactions, reconnections, while at the same time Nightborne being friendly with blood elves. In some cases it can bring night elves and blood elves together , in other cases it can cause problems too with nuances.

The Nightborne story still has them very pro-kaldorei, and largely considering themselves children of the stars and the night, that is their heritage and not once are thy in denial of that, there is much that is kaldorei about them blizzard can continue to build on and connect with night elves in a good way as they find balance, they can use them to continue to show more of the arcane side of the night elves and show the Darnassian Highborne and Moonguard involved with them in a positive way.. there is also a big opportunity for the priesthood too and showing more aspects of the order of Elune via night elf and Nightborne interaction, including another visit from Tyrande but this time much friendlier and entirely based on the Goddess and NOT the alliance.

This is where you make the connection, you connect them based on their racial connection as night elves, as Elune's children, as children of Suramar, people who gave up the Nightwell kicked addiction and embraced balance, show how the Darnassian Highborne help the Nightborne embrace and live in balance with the arcane.

Show druids who made the Arcan'dor work , work with their kin , mainly focusing on balance druidism, where the aspect of the priesthood they reveal through these two deals a lot with the star side of the night elves they've never really delved into.

none of this has anything to do with the alliance, but it does with the kaldorei, and because Darnassians are involved, the a alliance night elf fans will feel strongly connected - this can all happen with Nightborne still part of the horde, and still friends with Blood elves. They don't have to mention the alliance, but they should, and have Tyrande say something like "this has nothing to do with the alliance, Elune remembers all her children this is not about hatreds and keeping the fire of vengeance our young allies harbour, I've been there and seen the dark path it leads to. I am high priestess and all my people will have renewal including my beloved home city" - and she proceeds to fully open the Cathedral of Eternal Night once more with Nightborne and night elf acolytes alike." - you add this line to emphasise it's about restoring the kaldorei and Elune in the hearts of the city folk and her temples, not about horde and alliance.

You focus most of the Nightborne interaction horde side with the blood elves anyway, it's more about the blood elves than the horde - blood elf fans continue to get more stories and interaction with Nightborne, even when Nightborne and night elves interact, throw in some blood elves that are actually interested.. They firstly hold no resentment for Highborne , Moonguard, show them actually warming up to the Val'Sharah druids, show their friendship with the Nightborne actually opening them up to the Darnassians for a change. Breaking the ice a lot had due to the exile.

Show some blood elves actually sympathetic because many Nightborne were appalled at Teldrassil, and had been helping night elves secretly, some blood elves found out, and were ashamed at the horde for it, also helped out and actually some friendships formed.

The change in Legion, by discovering the legion was really after Azeroth, not their well of eternity and magic, would also have affected some of the prejudices a few night elves closer to Maiev's original crazy had held - that's not to say they abandon their disdain for hubris and addiction no, but pre-legion arcane phobia some of the non-arcane kaldorei had can be seen to change - because the legion events both the revelations about the legion and the curing of addiction , the return of Suramar, experience with the Shen'dralar, seeing the nobility of the Farondis, and how the moonguard held themselves, and how the Nightborne rose up to throw out the legion and drive Gul'dan has created some serious respect in some of the Darnassians too, opening them up too and them being generally benevolent have been willing to be open to the sin'dorei as well.

This is how you can do it. It doesn't have to be perfect, you don't have to have blood elves and night elves become best friends, but you can show positive things happening between the two through this ancient home of the Darnassians and their proud kin, still proud of their kaldorei heritage who've returned.

Show the rift healing, though it's too late to join the alliance now, it doesn't mean the Nightborne can't have a good relationship build with the Darnassians - not just the island night elves, the Darnassians without the horde losing them or Suramar needing to be neutral or blue.

They can do this, and so much more if they want to help at least fix some of the bad blood their move created.
    Very interesting, I would like this version of events too.. you should post this in the other topic i made.

At the end you just want the Suramar still playing key positive role for the Darnassians as it is a core part of the race's lore - so you want them positively involved with it.

I don't see why this shouldn't be possible, - all the connections are there, it's the history of the place, and all the interactions in 7.0 with night elves still happened, it's just a matter of continuing to write what later happened with the nightborne interacting with night elves and add more Darnassians into it - showing that side. it doesn't have to involve faction conflict, i don't see why the "alliance" needs to be involved,.. just the kaldorei.

I would even have Malfurion visit his hold home and actually comment on now this the return to balance he sought for his people and embarked on from this city for this city that led him to druidism in the first place and is glad to find the balance of the arcan'dor the heart of Suramar, rather than addiction. And then show a little convo with Lyl'leth, Thalyssra, Farodin and Night eyes or something.

Even show some new Valewalker nightborne balance druids willing to learn everything about balancing between nature and arcane to keep their people free from the curse that arcane addiction nearly destroyed and to explore the power of the wilds which is in their blood.

I think it would be a nice touch, even show some blood elf botanists very interested and open.

Doesn't have to have the Darnassians move into Suramar or anything liek that, they can have their new night elf city on hyjal or Eldre'thalas or wherever etc, just that Suramar can be reconnect with it's night elven history and former citizens strongly without joining their faction. They can still have lots of things going on .

I like it, it doesn't all have to be about faction this faction that. if high elves and draenei can hang out in the Sunwell plateau, I think it' sore appropriate that Darnassians who came from Suramar are free to visit there and positive relations happen.

they should do this.
    @Tanaria - this is one proposal from him I can get fully on board with. Note how it doesn't involve alliance taking anything from the horde, or the horde losing anything we've been given. If he'd suggest things more like this we'd probably had agreed with him a lot more
    Last edited by Beloren; 2021-08-15 at 02:29 AM.