Page 1 of 3
LastLast

World of Peacecraft: Teletubby Edition

So WoW is in the process of being cleansed from "toxicity".
    HOW IN THE FUCK is removing an NPC just because the guy represented by it did some bad things "cleaning up toxicity"?

The NPC didn't try to fuck anyone on a convention, leave it the fuck alone. What will this game come to?
    Will they remove swords next because they "represent the male phallus" or some bullshit excuse next?

Just fucking stop, and boot everybody who tries so desperately to kill the essence of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    The npc was reference to him and nothin else, leaving him in would be nothing but an insult to all the victims.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So is everything else he worked on, they should remove that too.

Oh stop beeing offended because people change stuff. Does this acutally change anything for you ingame?

He did shitty things. Why the hell would they "honor" him with his name ingame?

I bet you if no one said anything 99.99% of wow players would not have noticed the change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe schlegel stein haus View Post
    HOW IN THE FUCK is removing an NPC just because the guy represented by it did some bad things "cleaning up toxicity"?
    Who said they are removing it to clean up toxicity? Why do you guys make up things so you can be upset about them?
    They removed it just because the guy does not deserve to be in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    So is everything else he worked on, they should remove that too.
    You seem to fail to understand what reference means.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    of all stupid actions they did, u complain about an actual good action?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

No, im saying if they could purge kaels voice actor retroactivelly on allegations alone, they should redo everything afrasiabi worked on as well.

The NPC didn't try to fuck anyone on a convention, leave it the fuck alone. What will this game come to?
    Will they remove swords next because they "represent the male phallus" or some bullshit excuse next?

Just fucking stop, and boot everybody who tries so desperately to kill the essence of WoW.
    WoW isn't high literature, but i hardly think its "essence" is a NPC and some items self-indulgingly named after one of the former developers, quite honestly...

So you didn't have he balls to post this on your main account, heh?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So you didn't have he balls to post this on your main account, heh?
    I don't have a main account. I create several as I see fit.
    Keep dreaming on, no one's going to fuck you in your white knight ass, tho.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it would've been simpler and less impactful to players to just re-name everything that referenced the name, he's got quite a few mentions in-game...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

No, im saying if they could purge kaels voice actor retroactivelly on allegations alone, they should redo everything afrasiabi worked on as well.
    These are separate issues. What you're talking about is blizzard being a souless corporation willing to divest itself of an external asset the second it even conceivably might be damaging to the brand, it's proactive assholetry

The second is an example of a shitty company that allowed a sex pest to fester in its upper ranks for years because wow made bank. Removing references to said sexpest is retroactive fallout mitigation.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are removing toxicity from the game?
    Awesome. About time they patched that in!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a main account. I create several as I see fit.
    Keep dreaming on, no one's going to fuck you in your white knight ass, tho.
    This here is someone who is a badass and doesn't afraid of anything.

It says a lot about what's going wrong at the company that they'd rather spend time redoing trivial shit like this to virtue signal to the small amount of people who actually give a shit about it instead of actually making new stuff for the game. Blizzard is just impotent.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The npc was reference to him and nothin else, leaving him in would be nothing but an insult to all the victims.
    Granted, but Muffinus talks about developing 'anti-toxicity technology'

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/1420245179643039747

Second, there's work to do. Cleaning house, but also cleaning up toxicity in WoW. Looking towards anti-toxicity tech as a critical feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It says a lot about what's going wrong at the company that they'd rather spend time redoing trivial shit like this to virtue signal to the small amount of people who actually give a shit about it instead of actually making new stuff for the game. Blizzard is just impotent.
    Ah yes, them removing a npc did cost us a raid tier.

An example of why it needs to happen.

I swear this forum is becoming more like 4chan every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ah yes, them removing a npc did cost us a raid tier.
    Haha, totally what I said. Do you have something to say or is it just quippy reddit tier strawman comments?
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?